• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Where did you hear of Housepets!? 

Post Re: Where did you hear of Housepets!?
I'm not really sure, but they're already retail priced, so probably 50-70% over Amazon at least.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:25 pm

Originally heard about Housepets on a message board around 2016 or so, I think? I tried going through the comic from the start but just couldn't get into it. Forgot about the comic until last month when someone on Discord shared these two strips and that re-introduced me to the comic. It piqued my interest because 1) My sona is a squirrel, and an arc revolving around a squirrel main character rather than the dogs and cats that I'd seen all the time before that excited me, and 2) I'd only remembered that King got turned into an animal and the reason was sorta clear; I love mysteries and the mystery behind who, what, or why Marion got turned into a female squirrel when his life was going so well before that was just the thing to get me into the comic in earnest.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:24 pm

If this was any comic other than Rick Griffin's, my first thought would be that this happens because life is just cruel. However I know that with Rick, things happen for a reason and soon why Marion was turned into a gender-flipped squirrel will be clear.

I still say that the reason that Marion was turned into a female was because of his name which mostly is used for the name of a female in the US. :lol: I only know of two uses of the name "Marion" for a guy and both are in cartoons: Double D's middle name on "Edd, Edd'n and Eddy" and it was the name of the CIA agent turned social worker Bubbles in "Lilo and Stitch".

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:23 pm

Talking webcomics with someone I didn't know a couple hours beforehand at an airsoft game. I love how so much people in this hobby are nerdy as heck and know tons of cool hidden gems, be they games, webcomics, online novels, anime series...

Last edited by D-Rock on Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mod Edit: Do not use that word in this manner.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8