Disscussion Group

Discuss the comic here
Reconstruction

Disscussion Group

Post by Reconstruction »

This will be a thread for discussing any of the four topics listed below, so have fun and please stick to the topic otherwise we get shut down... :cry:

Topics are...What's going on in the story, what you think will happen, any ideas, and point out anything people might wanna know about that haven't seen.
I'm a fairly interesting person once you get to know me, but seeing as nobody can successfully navigate my minefield I guess they'll never truly know.
Dissension

Re: Disscussion Group

Post by Dissension »

If you're interested in those topics, you might wanna check out this story arc's discussion thread.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Reconstruction

Post by Reconstruction »

Ok then...i just haz one thing left to say...THREAD FAIL!
imma stop making new threads now...
I'm a fairly interesting person once you get to know me, but seeing as nobody can successfully navigate my minefield I guess they'll never truly know.
Koda

Post by Koda »

Dissension wrote:If you're interested in those topics, you might wanna check out this story arc's discussion thread.
This could be more of a general discussion, whereas the other focuses on the arc at hand.
yuki wrote: It is purpose that created us, purpose that pulls us, that guides us, that drives us. It is purpose that defines us, purpose that binds us.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

You mean, as opposed to Wild Mass Guessing, which is for completely silly ideas?
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

rickgriffin wrote:You mean, as opposed to Wild Mass Guessing, which is for completely silly ideas?
That might be a good idea I mean its not like anyone really uses Wild Mass Guessing for anything else.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

rickgriffin wrote:You mean, as opposed to Wild Mass Guessing, which is for completely silly ideas?

Silly ideas? That's a understatement.
Koda

Post by Koda »

And maybe not just for predictions, but ideas of the characters and their motives (which makes it sound more like a class than an Internet discussion, but hey!).
yuki wrote: It is purpose that created us, purpose that pulls us, that guides us, that drives us. It is purpose that defines us, purpose that binds us.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Koda wrote:
And maybe not just for predictions, but ideas of the characters and their motives (which makes it sound more like a class than an Internet discussion, but hey!).
A fun class, you mean! I'm aware of the paradox.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Alex

Post by Alex »

Okay, I have something to discuss. I probably should have noticed this a long time ago, but just today it came to my mind: K-9. Kei+nine... Canine! Is that how Rick named that unit?

Probably a dumb question since it's kinda obvious, but I still haven't noticed it until right now :\
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Daggy

Post by Daggy »

That's how it's named in the real world. K-9 units have been around for a while. At least in America, I mean.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I kinda thought he named them K9 after the robot dog K9 in Doctor Who. At least, he had the idea from that dog...the name, I mean. Other then that, it just sounds kinda cool.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Daggy wrote:That's how it's named in the real world. K-9 units have been around for a while. At least in America, I mean.
I have trouble convincing my friends that "canine" is a real word, because they assumed "K9" was just some sort of police code.

But yes, dogs that do wear uniforms are often branded as "K-9", probably mostly just for pun, since I doubt anyone would see a dog in uniform and mistake them for a person.
Image Image
Reconstruction

Post by Reconstruction »

Ok I have two questions; one what will happen to King if the watch breaks?
two, where can i buy a box of Tish-You's?
FuhrerVonZephyr

Post by FuhrerVonZephyr »

Reconstruction wrote:Ok I have two questions; one what will happen to King if the watch breaks?
This should give you some sort of an idea.
Reconstruction wrote:two, where can i buy a box of Tish-You's?
I don't think they exist, PROVE ME WRONG INTERNET!
Hey guys! I make art!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

A topic for the sake of discussion has actually never been brought up before, but would be perfectly fine for those topics related to Housepets! in general, not specific to arcs. We could theorize about alot of things not related to the arcs like the pet romances, how the universe works, and generally anything that won't take up 200 pages of a topic without it going off-topic that much.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
coconut

Post by coconut »

I really want to see more of Res and his friendship with Grape develop. Also random thought: I think it would be really cool if there was a greyhound/whippet character. (only because I own one and love the breed)
Reconstruction

Post by Reconstruction »

Ideas, ideas...If only Rick could consider them...that would
be cool though with a mix of hilarity.
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

LordZepher wrote:
Reconstruction wrote:Ok I have two questions; one what will happen to King if the watch breaks?
This should give you some sort of an idea.
Reconstruction wrote:two, where can i buy a box of Tish-You's?
I don't think they exist, PROVE ME WRONG INTERNET!
As far as I know, Tish, You!'s don't actually exist, but I DO know what they are from. Tish, You!'s are a shoutout to HomestarRunner, a very random cartoon website. Here's a small wiki page on Tish, You!'s and here's the cartoon they appear in, "Sick Day" (If you have no idea what HomestarRunner is, just look at the wiki page, the cartoon will probably make no sense to you :D )Sadly, HomestarRunner.com hasn't made any significant updates in quite a long time. :( Something about one of the creators being very busy with their newborn baby.
FoxboyPrower

Post by FoxboyPrower »

I loved the Macbeth reference (nerd alert). A Poe one would be cool sometime but that might be challenging to the PG nature of the comic.
The comic is brilliant so far.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

FoxboyPrower wrote:I loved the Macbeth reference (nerd alert). A Poe one would be cool sometime but that might be challenging to the PG nature of the comic.
The comic is brilliant so far.
A PG version of the Raven wouldn't be too hard.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Would love to see another vet arc, but this time it be Bino and Maxwell. Show us how 'brave' they really are =3

And the vet they go to is actually even more creepy: He's a vet and a dentist. *shudders*
Karl

Post by Karl »

GameCobra wrote:Would love to see another vet arc, but this time it be Bino and Maxwell. Show us how 'brave' they really are =3
Oh, GameCobra... thanks to you, now I'll be daydreaming for this to happen for a couple of weeks xD
I'm a bookworm!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

ooh, I know. a disease is going around and all the pets need shots to not get it, so we get to see how every pet is at the vet.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:ooh, I know. a disease is going around and all the pets need shots to not get it, so we get to see how every pet is at the vet.
Then suddenly we find out they all got their shots... except Bino and Maxwell =3

Yes, i know. i'm evil.