Has Housepets Affected Your behavior, and how

Discuss the comic here
Alastair

Re: Has Housepets Affected Your behavior, and how

Post by Alastair »

Housepets has actually changed a lot in my life. Ex: the furry thing. Didn't really know about it until I discovered this comic. And now, I am a furry...
I have also given a lot of time and attention to reading the comic and visiting the forums.
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Reading housepets made me smile for the first time in years. With the help of Housepets, I'm recovering quite well. I'm actually glad that I am still alive.

NOT

I'm still the self deprecating fool I always was! :twisted:
Sylvan

Post by Sylvan »

Hi, I'm Daisy :3

But no not really. It would be nice if more RL furries weren't like Bino tho >.>
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

I am pretty sure housepets has dropped my average number of hours spent sleeping by at least a half...sometimes sleep does not occur when housepets is on my screen. Apart from that well I was already an immature moron so not much of a change after reading it :lol: . I will say that it has made me happier and I actually now have something to look foreward to when I get home from school...apart from not having to be at school. :D
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
ShelbyAQD

Post by ShelbyAQD »

I'm a pretty irritable person, and these days I've got a lot to gripe about. But this comic, which has given me more amusement than anything else in years, has really helped me stay happy. Also, my aunt's pets say thanks because I've been playing with them more. ;)
valerio

Post by valerio »

It's the first comic I regularly translate. I actually go at office earlier to do it!
It started me doing RPG online.
I've started writing A LOT for it
I met great people.
LOVE FOR TEH BRAWLER!!
And it's the only good thing on a Monday morning
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Well it got me friends for starters.
It has given me a place to act more playfully and share my love for small animals.
It gave me a place to have a Fursona. (Made by the 1st web-comic I have read)
And because of said fursona, I has grown my love for the small animals stated above.
It has also taken over 1 and 2/3 years of my life, but ohh well. Twas worth it.
Kingcorgi

Post by Kingcorgi »

Kinda..... for a certain reason it seems to make me think of my boyfriend more...
RancidRabbit

Post by RancidRabbit »

It's definitely returned me to a lighter mood with its comedy, and has always been a nice addition to the week. Also, I can say I'm more comfortable 'round the furry crowd, which is good seeing as its become quite popular at anime conventions. Great work is put into them, too. Quite impressive.
"Rancid - its like a wine or cheese." "Or like roadkill!" ".....or like roadkill...."
Not a dead wizard
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Today a corgi named Jazzy came into my work. He has the same fur pattern as King except for one detail. This webcomic has got me comparing real pets to the Housepets! cast....
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Lophiiformes

Post by Lophiiformes »

Yes in a way that it probably made me a bit more cheery after reading it (currently reading it, anyway).
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Maybe i haven't looked around enough but i think the magic of this series is how good natured it makes it's fans. In the past i've been on forums which have at least one cynical life hating know-it-all who uses the power of anonymity to get away with saying basically whatever they feel like writing yet for some reason nobody has agreed to kick this guy off the site.

Housepets has also lured me into writing fanfiction which has weaned my mind for the time being off the story which i've spent most of the year stressing over. It's not only been loads of fun to write i'm able to write a lot in a short space of time and of satisfying quality. So housepets has made me a better writer and i'm sure some of you fanfic writers would say the same about yourselves.
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Indagare

Post by Indagare »

JohnWillow wrote:Maybe i haven't looked around enough but i think the magic of this series is how good natured it makes it's fans. In the past i've been on forums which have at least one cynical life hating know-it-all who uses the power of anonymity to get away with saying basically whatever they feel like writing yet for some reason nobody has agreed to kick this guy off the site.

The mods here do a really excellent job at troll prevention.

On topic, I can't say it's affected my behavior other than to give me another comic to enjoy. Though this is the only one I participate on. Make of that what you will.
Image"Remember kids, only you can prevent a fiery apocalypse!"
Rollofthedice

Post by Rollofthedice »

It's gotten me to become a regular of the nicest forum I have ever seen. Seriously, sometimes I get the feeling that everyone here is a mini Mother Theresa or something - which is great! Seriously, it's a breath of fresh air compared to the rest of the internet.
Reminiscence: A Tale of Dreams - Complete
An Experiment - Ongoing: Story 2, 'The Babylon Incident', in progress!
Tired/Eternity/Broadsides: 'I did not have literary relations with those fanfics'

Gattsu

Post by Gattsu »

In recent months, I've greeted two people with "Hi, I'm Daisy" and a vacant stare. That's about it.
I'm not going to have a signature!
..Oops..
RancidRabbit

Post by RancidRabbit »

Okay, gotta say its messing with me when my brain supplements history and setting with the Housepets! comic when making a decent dream. I mean, the ending fit well on a few levels of philosophical quandary and given some odd meaning behind things, and forces me to ruin the 'inspired by' aspect with 'there's no way you could pull it away'. Curses, Brain, curses.

Twas a delightful dream, though; had catharsis and everything and had me waking up with a 'I think I just won life' feeling. Amazing how Rick has now plagued my subconscious with his comic. Hats off to you, good sir.
"Rancid - its like a wine or cheese." "Or like roadkill!" ".....or like roadkill...."
Not a dead wizard
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

I call my friends by the names of HP characters eg. The two people in my group who are dating I call Peanut and Grape. The one with the big house I call Milton Ferrets. And the mean one I call Bino, `cuz Bino is pretty mean sometimes.
wolf long fellow

Post by wolf long fellow »

It told me how to play the game and i actually play and i was suprised everyone in my band plays huh? right

ps: I lost the game
I can't beleive it's not baccon >(
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I was under the impression the lesson was to not play the game.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
wolf long fellow

Post by wolf long fellow »

Sleet wrote:I was under the impression the lesson was to not play the game.
Yah it was but I chose to play and it help me fit in for my freshman year of high school ;) PS: I lost the game

Don't ask.
I can't beleive it's not baccon >(
Senorpie7

Post by Senorpie7 »

Actually, it has a little. I do try not be be as rude to people and roll model some of the nicer characters. As far as cursing goes, there has been a pretty noticeable drop... without me trying :shock:

And sleep? Forget it! My hours I spend caring zzz has been cut almost in half. Is it worth it? Yeah!
A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.~ Jeramy Clarkson, Top gear <3
Megawolf

Post by Megawolf »

Since finding this comic, I have this compelling urge to buy extra treats and toys for my dog and to spend more time with her.
My RP character:

RV: Kyle - Strength: 7, Perception: 5, Endurance: 7, Charisma: 4, Intelligence: 8, Agility: 5, Luck: 6
Grip the Wolf
Location: Climbin' in yo' windows, snatchin' yo' furries up...

Post by Grip the Wolf »

I no longer say son of a *BLEEPED*. I now say SON OF A CHARMING YOUNG WOMAN!
A Lannister always pays his debts. For all the other houses, there's AegonCard.
Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

It cheers me up on does down days, and caused me to post on this forum(like mostly everyone here). I have also been talking to my dog more.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Housepets and other comics have certainly made weeks go by better. It's a nice, evenly spaced, treat that gets a smile out of me every other morning.

Post by 0404 »

Helmetzid wrote:The topic should be obvious, has reading housepets caued your daily personality or behavior to change?

For me, instead of swearing, i say mother of santa and what the christmas, seomtimes without even realizing
Oh ****, It changed my life A LOT, It inspired my new life in canada (which is a really boring place. ps. really cold too).
I was bit "I'm by my self but you can call me over" guy Before reading HP. After Reading HP, I thinked to my self 'Wow he got some life overthere, but not me...'
That thinking caused me to be more socialy active and gave me new life. But it didn't helped me at all for getting a gf.
anyway I am happier than myself few moths ago.
Thank you Rick Griffin

Mod Edit: Use of that term as profanity is not allowed.
texascat018 wrote:
Helmetzid wrote:The topic should be obvious, has reading housepets caued your daily personality or behavior to change?

For me, instead of swearing, i say mother of santa and what the christmas, seomtimes without even realizing
Oh ****, It changed my life A LOT, It inspired my new life in canada (which is a really boring place. ps. really cold too).
I was bit "I'm by my self but you can call me over" guy Before reading HP. After Reading HP, I thinked to my self 'Wow he got some life overthere, but not me...'
That thinking caused me to be more socialy active and gave me new life. But it didn't helped me at all for getting a gf.
anyway I am happier than myself few moths ago.
Thank you Rick Griffin

Mod Edit: Use of that term as profanity is not allowed.
Mod Edit: Please do not evade the profanity filter. If you feel the need to self-censor, please use four asterisks to completely obliterate the word. Additionally, do not double-post. If you need to add more information to a thread and your post is the last one, you should instead use the edit button in your post's upper-right corner.
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

Thanks to Housepets I'm myself again, I've started drawing and smiling and telling unfunny jokes...basically I care again...

Thank you Housepets!
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.
BSAman

Post by BSAman »

ZambieHugger wrote:Thanks to Housepets I'm myself again, I've started drawing and smiling and telling unfunny jokes...basically I care again...

Thank you Housepets!
interesting, same as me *high five through the internet*

Post by 0404 »

BSAman wrote:
ZambieHugger wrote:Thanks to Housepets I'm myself again, I've started drawing and smiling and telling unfunny jokes...basically I care again...

Thank you Housepets!
interesting, same as me *high five through the internet*
So is that WI-FIVE? wifi?? get it get it??

my apologize for using swears....
Last edited by copper on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Please do not Double post. Use the Edit Button
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Hasn't changed my life much at all.
fredfunny

Post by fredfunny »

It has affected my life and my behaviour as well. Before knowing of the existence of this comic I lacked something to relate my affiliation with the Furry community and I've read other comics of course but none gave me more satisfaction than this one. Also my behaviour with other people became more opened less introverted as well as trying to be more myself.

And surely my "bad mouth" as a new vocabulary such as "Son of a charming young women" (King's quote not mine).
I like your hat

Post by I like your hat »

Housepets affects ma mood it makes me happy and if i look at it at the beginning of the day it usually lasts all day. :lol: also i have a renewed need to get more animals... but i don't...i can barley deal with all the ones i have....
if a zombie likes brains, a vampire blood, and a werewolf everything else, mean that you could make a uber man eating machine by combining them :D
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

It has become my new addiction, I only get a limited amount of time here, and when I have to get off my excitement level just keeps on rising.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Definitely. I've been less stressed/depressed lately. (and no, I didn't mean for that to rhyme) (...or did I? :twisted: ) (I guess you'll just have to find out when you wake up!) :lol:
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Does development of a complete obsession that subsequently causes me to identify myself as a corgi more often than as a human count as a change of behavior? :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yes I would say that definitely affects your behavior.
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

Rollofthedice wrote:It's gotten me to become a regular of the nicest forum I have ever seen. Seriously, sometimes I get the feeling that everyone here is a mini Mother Theresa or something - which is great! Seriously, it's a breath of fresh air compared to the rest of the internet.
It's because there's so many mods. Not complaining; the worst places on the Internet have very few or none at all, and even those are pretty lazy. Here, on the other hand, civility is maintained very well.
This account is a copy of that of my Cross Time Cafe account, which I use to discuss Freefall on its forum.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The forum that I was a part of, even with mods, some members were elitists and total *******.

Mod Edit: Combining words makes a new word. Please completely obliterate the entire word with asterisks.
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Mod Edit: Combining words makes a new word. Please completely obliterate the entire word with asterisks.
See what I just said about mods? ;)
This account is a copy of that of my Cross Time Cafe account, which I use to discuss Freefall on its forum.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I now say 'Carp' a lot because of this comic.It has become a permanent part of my mental lexicon.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?