Has Housepets Affected Your behavior, and how

Discuss the comic here
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Has Housepets Affected Your behavior, and how

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think I might be getting better at writing. If this was a few years back, I would be giving no explanation as to why Sevin (Sasha/Kevin) are broken up, who Elena is (my fursona) and how Foxsha (Fox/Sasha) got together.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Going to use Miles as an inspiration to start exercising. Also, in my mind, I have started replacing Cs in products that sound like "ka" with Ks and vice versa. Why, because it is amusing.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Actually, Housepets has changed me a lot. When I first discovered it, it was my second day of being a "furry" and I loved it so much. I read them all in two days from the first one all the way to Heaven's Not Enough. It made me sure that I was a furry (which is great!), Ive started acting a lot like many of the characters like saying what they say, and they inspire me to do things. My love for them is still as strong as when I first met them. :P
Last edited by Furryface18 on Tue May 12, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That actually sounds like what I did, but it took two weeks and not two days.

I envy your determination. <3
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Thanks Amazee Dayzee. :D
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Shadowstar23 wrote:Going to use Miles as an inspiration to start exercising. Also, in my mind, I have started replacing Cs in products that sound like "ka" with Ks and vice versa. Why, because it is amusing.
I did the same, only Kevin instead of Miles. :lol:
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

GreatKitsune wrote:
Shadowstar23 wrote:Going to use Miles as an inspiration to start exercising. Also, in my mind, I have started replacing Cs in products that sound like "ka" with Ks and vice versa. Why, because it is amusing.
I did the same, only Kevin instead of Miles. :lol:
Aahh, my yin counterpart. Don't we tend to think alike. :ugeek: :arrow: :lol:
This is off topic bbbbuuuuutttttt.......Have you noticed that all the male wolves are wearing copies of Miles' pendant?
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I've gotten super buff from all of the hammer swinging I've done.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That picture Rick drew of you really shows it also.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Housepets! and it's community influenced and inspired me to read more web comics, become a web comic artist, continue making games, do voice acting, give unique collars/tags to any of my pets, learn how to draw anthropomorphic characters, understand furries and the furry fandom, and just overall made me a lot happier. :D

I owe a lot to Housepets!, Rick Griffin, and it's community. Not sure what I'd be doing now'n days if I hadn't found it! (it'd probably be boring :P )
ImageImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I sleep more. *stares at Grape and her awesomeness*
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I discovered the comic sometime in 2012, a little before the third book collection was announced. Only change is that I'm a bit more talkative online. That's about it. I like how everyone is rather nice around here. This is the first forum (and so far only one I'm active on of two) I've been on, and I hear that civility isn't exactly well known on some other forums. I'd say this was a great first experience.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Thefluffygodzilla

Post by Thefluffygodzilla »

In general, I've stopped cursing so much, and, I don't know if this if from housepets or if it's just me, but I started messing with people for no reason, and find it funny when they get mad.
Who ya callin' fluffy? Wait, actually, nevermind.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I find myself using smilies a bit more than I had done in the past.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's also made me try to curse less. I like the playful, more-family-friendly feel of it, after all!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I still curse, but that may be because BOTH of my sisters casually drop F and S-Bombs. I swear they are gonna get married to female truck drivers.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

I don't swear as much as I used to. Courtesy of Grape and Max, I'm now both more cynical and sarcastic.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm more sarcastic also come to think of it.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Less the comic and more the forum, but it's rekindled my hatred of language filters, And gotten my playing animal crossing again...

Not sure if those two are related...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well its a G-Rated forum so we can't cuss like my sisters do.
DigitalBrave3

Post by DigitalBrave3 »

Housepets! changed me by making me want to have an online presence and make my YouTube channel, join these forums, join DeviantArt, write a Housepets!/Ultraman crossover fanfiction, and post my collection on Gemr. It's a comic that I can truly say changed my life.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Wow, Digital, that's a great thing!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
DigitalBrave3

Post by DigitalBrave3 »

D-Rock wrote:Wow, Digital, that's a great thing!
Thanks D-Rock, you've showed an example of one reason why I love these forums.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is a really great thing Digital! I'm glad it improved your life!
jaime117d

Post by jaime117d »

Real talk?
It might be sad, but I was a much worse person before Housepets!.
I hated most of the people that I knew, I spent almost every hour of the day full of anger and I was pretty much sleep deprived most days because of constant night terrors.
I also despised furries because almost everything I saw said that furry's were morally depraved and filled their comics with sex (I'm allowed to say that, right?).
I wont bore you all with details, but after reading Housepets!, my night terrors went away, I felt better, and well... I was shown the error in my ways
So yeah, definitely no big change.
https://www.fanfiction.net/~jaime117d is my fanfition account, if you feel like reading my stories then don't be suprised at the rather...lackluster...sheen to them
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That's really nice that it sounds like HP! has saved your life. I'm glad that it has changed you for the better and you aren't as angry or mean as you were before.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Now I love Corgis
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I didn't even know corgis were a breed of dog before.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Housepets has given me something to look forward to during the week, which has really improved my happiness since I had to go back to job searching. It's also prompted me to start drawing again, which if I'm going to ever work in the field I'd like to is a must.

I hoping things will continue to get better and that Housepets will be one of the reasons why.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
KingxBailey

Post by KingxBailey »

Well, for starters, Housepets has helped me realize I'm a furry. Like, it's one of those things that I knew for a while, but Housepets clinched it. It's a wonderful comic, but if everyone were human, it would probably be one of those things that you find randomly, and you binge it and enjoy it, but you never really think about it after that initial time. With animals, it is seriously one of the best webcomics I have ever read. Sorry if that made no sense

I'm okay with buying carp I don't need to support this comic. Do I really need the print collections? Do I really need the tummy shirts? (Actually, I take that back, those are freaking cool) Does anybody really need bookmarks? Yet here I am with the first 3 print collections, hoping to buy the rest, as well as hopefully some shirts.

I did a monologue for my Theater Arts class as King. It basically went over his life from Joel's childhood to Bailey's pregnancy. I had to condense a lot of events down (the end of The Game is simplified so much it's meaningless), and change some things to accommodate the condensing. I don't think I really achieved King's voice that well, but I tried. Here's a link: http://pastebin.com/MP0KKYTC (There is one line that's not entirely G-rated. It comes around when King first meets Bailey, Tried editing it out Does not lend itself to being replaced. Unless there's further mod issues, you've been warned.) Was in a bare-effort costume for this and made a genre-spanning soundtrack for it. All in all, it went pretty well.

Unbeknownst at the time, we were given another assignment involving our monologues, I had to mess up King's story a bit to make iit fit within the plotline. It's not exclusively about him, as it was a group assignment, but I can still share it if you guys want.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That monologue actually is pretty swell! You did a very nice job on it! I hope you got an A+!
scootydash

Post by scootydash »

Like a lot of stuff I read that are very well written and show of a great fun and adventurious world, Housepets has sent me into a obsession to learn everything about it. But obsession like that does come at a cost. Its gotten alittle hard to focus in the week since I discovered it because all that is on my mind is the characters and all. But the other thing it has done is gotten me to question what heaven is like what happens after we die. I mean is there a heaven like what is shown in the comic, or is there one where all you do is praise god all day like the bible says. Then one of the worst possible out comes is that there will be nothing. Its scary to think about really. So yea I would say housepets has affected my behavior a lot.
OrWasIt.EXE

Post by OrWasIt.EXE »

I semi-frequently make references such as 'OR WAS IT?' without context to people who haven't read Housepets
What do you get when you cram a shapeshifter, a dog-dragon, two wolves, a human, a robot, a bear, and a fox into one vessel? (They/Them pronouns)
orion

Post by orion »

Apart from literally crying from frustration after reading 'There Went Nothing' and everything after, im pretty normal.

oh yeah...

and i still cry at night because grapenut isnt happening. i swear some panals exist simply to enrage users who want grapenut >.>

but overall i am super happy with it, and i feel like it has influenced me to be more kind, more sensative to others, and even has helped me learn to focus my flipping tables to only one source of frustration

>.> i see what you are doing rick

I am le crying ;-; ^
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

..I've noticed that somehow and I can't see how it's physically possible, but I've seriously started to act more like Joel/King...I mean I do not know how it's defied the laws of physics and many other scientific laws, but it did.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Tales

Post by Tales »

It made me a furry... Nuf said.
My FA account: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tales19/

The best forum game in existence:
kinamiya

Post by kinamiya »

i started to read a LOT... i mean compared to before i started reading webcomics i actually didn't read at all.....i got so interested in books comics webcomics..... that i regret since i missed so much stuff and now i can concentrate really well when i read.... and discovered that im quite a fast reader.... not peanut fast but pretty fast.
also it made me a furry.... :D
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

It turned me into a newt! :P

Well perhaps not a newt but a furry! (and no not a newt furry lol)

I kid you not, i always sorta liked anthropomorphism but i never got into it because mainstream media had very little. A friend of mine (who is a furry) linked me here seeing that i liked that stuff, guess his plan worked XD. Housepets really got me into the fandom at large and is still my #1 web comic even after seeing many others.
Image Image
jonas

Post by jonas »

Every once in a while, I'll turn to a random commuter and, staring unblinkingly, say: "They're pets...but they can talk. And the cat is purple."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

It got me the first group of friends since middle school that I actually look forward to talking to, even if I will never meet most of them in person.

Y'all are great! :D
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!