Interview with ACTFur

Discuss the comic here
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Interview with ACTFur

Post by rickgriffin »

http://www.actfuronair.com/ep13.html

They're based in Australia, it was crazy to get this arranged.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Dylan
Box Fox

Re: Interview with ACTFur

Post by Dylan »

The interview starts at 19:00
Make Pasta not war.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Man I sound like a doofus
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

rickgriffin wrote:Man I sound like a doofus
Its not that bad really.
Make Pasta not war.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

*Snnnnnneeeerrrrrrrkkkkkk*

I had already added this to the info thread...about...what, a week ago?

DOES ANYONE CHECK THAT THING?!?!?

AUGH

(Anyway, ACTFur On Air is a Furry/Anthro talkshow/podcast based in the Australian Capital Territory (or ACT for short). Has mature themes at times, so you might want to just skip straight to the interview if you're easily offended.)
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Someone could have told me! They said they'd tell me when it was up but didn't get around to it apparently *Giggles*
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

rickgriffin wrote:Man I sound like a doofus
i find recordings tend to do that. i sound totally different to myself as well when listening to myself @_@

But your not as bad as you think in interviews, though i can tell interviewing isn't your thing when i heard it. listening to your interview though, i'm really hoping you do succeed after school in the art business somewhere with the comic.

On another note, i must ask if you ever got the chance to try Battletoads (NES), Mystical Ninja (SNES) and anything Final Fantasy related from around the time you started getting interested in Pokemon?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

I've never played Mystical Ninja, and Battletoads, as everyone knows, is excellent only for the first two levels.

Final Fantasy Games I have played:
I (completed on PS1 easy mode)
II (have not completed)
III (had barely started)
IV (ALMOST completed hardtype then game was erased)
V (completed)
VI-X (have not completed, though close with X)
XII (also have not completed)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Battletoads is one of the games that probably had many people pull their hair out when doing the rat race <_< >_>

Although i retired from playing Final Fantasy there days, i also would highly recommend if you ever get the chance to finish FF6 (3 in their respective US names). Best storyline of all the final fantasy games i find and always will be when growing up

Mystical Ninja is humorous. it's an action game with japanese culture in it, but humorous in how the mini-games itself are more interesting than the actual gameplay itself, and yet you feel like that was what the game's design was. would recommend giving it a peek just to see what i mean. you could even Youtube it!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

GameCobra wrote:Battletoads
*Shivers*
GameCobra wrote:Although i retired from playing Final Fantasy there days, i also would highly recommend if you ever get the chance to finish FF6 (3 in their respective US names). Best storyline of all the final fantasy games i find and always will be when growing up
FFVI was the best BY FAR. I don't know what all these crazy "7 is better" fanatics are talking about. But yeah, it's definitely worth a play through. It's one of the greatest games ever made, IMHO.

Now a little more back on topic: It wasn't bad, Rick (errr... or whoever you are)! It was a nice little interview with some neat little tidbits of information. And you don't sound bad, you just sound a little differently than what you're accustomed to (which isn't help by the fact that your voice is distorted by the low sound quality of the phone).
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Wait. "Rick Griffin" isn't your real name?
AND OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS POKEMON I LOVE YOU ALL THE MORE FOR THAT ONE SECTION OF THE INTERVIEW "RICK"
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Buckdida wrote:Anyway, ACTFur On Air is a Furry/Anthro talkshow/podcast based in the Australian Capital Territory
you know
i was genuinely not expecting that

SIDE NOTE:
United States — Area: 9,161,923 SQ KM
Australia — Area: 7,617,930 SQ KM

AUSTRALIA'S A VERY BIG PLACE TOO |< we're only one million, five hundred and forty-three thousand, nine hundred and ninety-three square kilometers smaller than you guys. The UK isn't even 250k. :x
but then again they were from ACT so i'm not surprised if they have, like, no sense of space
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Ebly wrote:you know
I'll bite.
What were you not expecting?
Or were you being sarcastic?

But yeah, I've been listening to the show for about...2-3 months? Trying to listen to all the episodes in order (I'm meticulous like that sometimes) and I can't multitask for crap, so I have to set aside the 1+1/2 hour to listen to it. I think I'm on ep. 9.5 or something at this point, but they keep adding more! AUGH! It's entertaining to me, though.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Buckdida wrote:
Ebly wrote:you know
I'll bite.
What were you not expecting?
Or were you being sarcastic?

But yeah, I've been listening to the show for about...2-3 months? Trying to listen to all the episodes in order (I'm meticulous like that sometimes) and I can't multitask for crap, so I have to set aside the 1+1/2 hour to listen to it. I think I'm on ep. 9.5 or something at this point, but they keep adding more! AUGH! It's entertaining to me, though.
at least you understand it. slippy keeps going ARGH YOU Bicycle Repair Man AUSTRALIANS while i can understand it perfectly o xo

I was not expecting a group called ACTFur to actually, well, be from the ACT. That was surprising for me.
Slippery-Q

Post by Slippery-Q »

HEY! Not MY fault I can barely understand them! I can understand Mexicans and Germans. Any other accent I cannot figure out what they are saying. :/
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

@Ebly:...Actually, only two of them live in ACT. One did live in ACT, and then had to move to the U.S. for post-grad. One's in Tasmania, and one's in NSW. And the last two are in the US.

However, the original show had three co-hosts living in ACT: Kell, Kraden, and Jeneara. Hence the name, "ACTfur."

These days, the total cast is seven; three co-hosts and four "residents."

Before you call me a stalker, this is all on the hosts page on their website.

@Slippy: Eh, I have no problem understanding the Australian accent. I can even tell Jeneara and Carni apart (although I have to listen carefully). It became particularly easy to understand after conditioning...by which I mean watching a lot of "Zero Punctuation."
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Buckdida wrote:@Ebly:...Actually, only two of them live in ACT. One did live in ACT, and then had to move to the U.S. for post-grad. One's in Tasmania, and one's in NSW. And the last two are in the US.

However, the original show had three co-hosts living in ACT: Kell, Kraden, and Jeneara. Hence the name, "ACTfur."

These days, the total cast is seven; three co-hosts and four "residents."

Before you call me a stalker, this is all on the hosts page on their website.
Nevertheless; they all have australian accents and the show itself is -based- (repeating for emphasis: based) in the ACT. And that surprised me. NO MATTER WHAT IT WILL SURPRISE ME BECAUSE I WAS EXPECTING SOMETHING TO DO WITH EITHER DRAMATIC ACTING OR POLITICAL ACTION.