Transcribing

Discuss the comic here
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: Transcribing

Post by Obbl »

Sorry, goin' for the triple post

Rick, I think Oh No Robot is tagging both comic's URL (/year/month/day/comic-title/)
AND the comic's comment URL (/year/month/day/comic-title/#comments) as separate pages for transcribing (at least recently)
A few pages I've transcribed still say they need transcribing. If I click the link from the comic, it says it doesn't; but if I click the link from the comments page it says it does.

(Actually today's comic still wants transcribing from both, whereas the home page (housepetscomic.com/) says it's fine)
So you may have a few doubly transcribed comics out there
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

I am not quite sure if that's fixable, I would have to delve in and see if there's a way of excluding that
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Kayota

Post by Kayota »

Alex wrote:Say, Rick, may I ask why you need these transcriptions? I mean, why would you need a text-only version of your comics, in the same language that you write them on?
Not to mention I have a visually impaired friend using a screen reader who read the cast page and wants to read Housepets! so badly. Point is, describe well. I want to have someone to enjoy Housepets! with. <3
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Hey Rick, it won't accept a transcription for Subbed Stands For "With Subtlety"
I keep getting an internal server error when I try to submit, despite being able to submit other transcriptions (this is not the first day I've encountered this)
I've also managed to get a software error before (although it's not doing it now, and I can't recall the problem it was having)

I'm not using the Japanese characters (because I recalled that it doesn't like special characters from the She Otter Be comic)
and I have tried with and without the percent signs