If you had a chance to become Pet or Housepet universe Pet.

Discuss the comic here
Lifio13

Re: If you had a chance to become Pet or Housepet universe P

Post by Lifio13 »

If I were able to become a pet in this Universe? I'd rather stay human to be honest. You have much more freedom being a human and well, you can be anything you want to be really. While yes there's not the stresses of school, work etc., you'd have a lot less freedom where you only really have a eat, sleep, play schedule(Not saying that's bad at all!) but I feel I'd do the world better as a human.

However, a Housepets Universe pet does sound interesting and appealing. I suppose it would depend on the situation overall if I wanted to be one or not. You definitely have a lot more freedom(Well in pet friendly communities at least.), and being able to communicate with both humans and pets does sound much more appealing than our universes' pets. On the plus side, you're effectively living as a child forever too.

Overall, Our Universe, no. Housepets Universe, maybe.
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Spens

Post by Spens »

If we're talking IRL pets, then no. Definitely no.

If we're talking Housepets!, then definitely, without hesitation, and again, yes. I'd rather be a dog than a cat if I had the choice.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

No in either case. After all, I'd miss having ten fingers, ten toes, all my given rights, and my current life expectancy.
However, I'd love to meet housepets! pets. :)
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Spens

Post by Spens »

Silly Zealot wrote:No in either case. After all, I'd miss having ten fingers, ten toes, all my given rights, and my current life expectancy.
You have to figure, though. Those pets are having way more than one human lifetime's worth of crazy fun in one of their short lives.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Spens wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:No in either case. After all, I'd miss having ten fingers, ten toes, all my given rights, and my current life expectancy.
You have to figure, though. Those pets are having way more than one human lifetime's worth of crazy fun in one of their short lives.
Probably the most fun would be (a tribute to SCUMM): use Frying Pan with Bino's Head
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Sheogorath

Post by Sheogorath »

Being a pet IRL no. In housepets! Yes breaking my current ties with humans would be no big loss.
Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one. That can be just as much of a celebration, if you don't like cheese, true?
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

Sheogorath wrote:Being a pet IRL no. In housepets! Yes breaking my current ties with humans would be no big loss.
i am in full agreement with you......in real life....to lose all of my intelligence, memory's, and morality just to be a dog im going to go with no.

but to be in the housepet i would lose non of that! so its an obvious choice... :P
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I'd stay human myself.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

If being a Dragon is an option, than yes in both worlds. Not like Tarot though, I'd want wings and be able to either walk on all fours or my hind legs. Not real big either. Maybe around a size of a horse or so. Life would be hard, but adventurous. From a child, I've always thought it would be cool to be something like Godzilla, but as I aged I started to like dragons more and more. If that's not an option though, then I'd want to be a husky or german shepherd mix with wolf. But only in the HP world, and only if I could attain all the knowledge I've learned through out the years.

Edit: If I lost my personality, that'd be alright. I can always go for a change. =P But not my knowledge.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I doubt a dragon would be an option considering the only one is pretty much a deity.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Sleet wrote:I doubt a dragon would be an option considering the only one is pretty much a deity.

Yeah probably.... I don't need the magical powers, just the fire breath=). I could see how being a Pet in the Hp would be fun though. Basically always being a kid, never really any big responsibilities to worry about, but that part where life expectancy is kinda short, I would not like. Also you never really achieve anything which would bother me. Kinda goes back down to, why am I here kind of deal. Still though I'd figure out something.
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
AreYouSure

Post by AreYouSure »

In real life: No. Not at all. That would be kind of... boring. Plus, how would I finish Final Fantasy IX or play Pikmin 3 when it comes out? I wouldn't be able to do that.

In the HP universe? YES to the power of 99! That would be so much cooler. I would prefer to be a dog, but I could handle being a cat.
Rico

Post by Rico »

I'd have to say yes to being a Housepets! pet. Not too worried about the reduced lifespan as in the HP! universe I could still live up to 40 years, so that's fine by me! I wouldn't have to be in Babylon Gardens, but I'd love to visit at least once (for hugs) :)
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

Well considering my cat basically sleeps, eats and adventures all day without having to worry about anything makes me think that being a real pet could be pretty cool.

And well in the Houspets universe it's basically the same thing but, y'know, I could talk and have thumbs and be ridiculously cute so, yeah to both of them.
Being good pays off. There's a nice view up here on moral high-ground.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Hmm, depends. Being a real life pet, count me out. Although it would be cool to just sleep, eat, go adventuring, and have heightened senses, the fact that I'll lose my opposable thumbs, long life, ability to speak, human rights, and overall losing my humanity just seems scary for me(and also for personal reasons). :[

As for being a Housepet! pet, is it temporary or permanent? If permanent, no thanks(again, just 'cause it seems scary). If temporary, maybe I'd like to be a plain ol' corgi because they just seem so nerdy(I'm a nerd). I mean, it'd be sweet to hang out with Peanut and the gang, but I'm not so sure I want to give up my humanity just for that :/.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm not sure anyone here would say no if it were temporary!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Lol Pretty much.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I would... I'd rather be human really...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

But it would be an Adventure! A tell of Tails =P.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

If I were to just be dropped into the HP! universe, I would be a pet, though for practical reasons.... a pet can just appear with no background and live in society. A human cannot.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
LionWolfHybrid

Post by LionWolfHybrid »

Nah, I'll just stick to being myself...
Since you're reading this...
Am I the only person who can juggle here?
Wolves are boss.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

If I could be a HP animal I would be a ferret.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

IRL Pet: No.

HP Pet: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! 8-)

HP Pet Species: Cat. Definitely. ;)
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'd want to become a St. Bernard like the character that is in my story because she is gonna fall in love with Kevin who is now single since Sasha is now with Fox.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Regular cat? Nope.
Housepets cat? Without a moment's hesitation.

I don't tend to keep friends for long as I just tend to kinda, drift... And the ones I currently have would technically still know me if I were in the housepets world, They'd just think I was a minor background character in a comic. ^.^

As for my goals and who I am? that wouldn't be an obstacle. I view jobs education and careers an unpleasant chore stealing time from what I actually want to spend my time doing: writing and drawing. Even though I am kinda mediocre at both. So those going away would be a plus. The shorter lifespan doesn't matter when you can cut out the things that force you to completely waste the best years of it on study and paychecks as a human. Bad owner? Okay that might be an issue, but if the cast are anything to go by, the odds of that are slim and there are ways out.

All in all, it would be an improvement.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So far I only saw two examples of bad owners which are Sasha's owner and Joel's father. I'm sure there are more, but you are pretty safe if you stay in Babylon Gardens I would think.
SnuggleKing

Post by SnuggleKing »

I think I would take the risk of possibly having a bad owner. No responsibilities sounds pretty great right about now. As to whether I would be a cat or a dog, that would be a tough decision.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Cat. Pick a cat. They're MUCH better.

Plus, (depending on gender) you could flirt with bino or duchess and claim you 'got that vibe' from them, then grumble about not normally being wrong about that and watch how the other reacts once the rumors spread. :twisted:

...What? am I seriously the only one who wants to do that to princess prissy pants?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

No. I wanna do a lot worse.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

What, like be a HP style bear and sit on Duchess, oh wait that's already been done. But it still would be fun to be a bear in the HP universe.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So far I only saw two examples of bad owners which are Sasha's owner and Joel's father. I'm sure there are more, but you are pretty safe if you stay in Babylon Gardens I would think.
Sasha's dad is debatable.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But from what we saw so far, he is kind of nasty.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So far I only saw two examples of bad owners which are Sasha's owner and Joel's father. I'm sure there are more, but you are pretty safe if you stay in Babylon Gardens I would think.
Well, technically Pete.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Woudn't he be more of a forced upon master?

I guess it'd be fun to be a HP! wolf for a bit.
All your acorns are belong to us.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Was Pete really a master? He seemed to only think of King as a means to an end.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

For a while he did count as a master, yes, pretty much.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But he was only his master for 5 minutes. I wonder how it would have turned out if he had been his master the entire time and not just disappeared.
what

Post by what »

irl? no way. not in a million years.

but in the hp universe then a reluctant yes, but a lot of it comes down to a couple things.

first off, how long do pets in the hp universe live? i always kind of assumed the lived to be about 70-ish because they are all basically short humans with fur, and the shorter you are does not directly coincide life span in the slightest. but some people headcannon them to live to be about irl pet lifespan, in which case, no.

also, it seems that the society in HP! is constantly changing and at the moment is working for pet's rights. really? i don't want to play games and laze around forever, and getting a job, and despite being a pet having the ability to buy your own house and live kind of like the wolves would be a definite yes. but there is the chance that in the HP! universe for whatever reason that just doesn't happen (which, wouldn't make much sense with the way people like the miltons and the wolves becoming more common, but it's still worth noting) then i'm not so sure.

im very gay
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

For most pets in the Housepets! universe, life expectancies are double their our-world equivalents.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

For example, a dog who lives for 13 years would live for 26 years. Cats live for 30 years instead of 15 years. Mice would be 4 to 6 years and rabbits would be 18 years.

Obviously this wouldn't count for humans, since the average life expectancy in the US is 79 years old.

Unless Limerick Guy is actually 158 years old.