If you had a chance to become Pet or Housepet universe Pet.

Discuss the comic here

Re: If you have a chance to become Pet or Housepet universe

Post by 0404 »

Foxstar wrote:Problem is, even in Housepets, being a pet is dependent on your owner. A bad owner can mean a pretty unhappy life, where is if your a human, you might have bad family, but you can still get stuff done.
what happens to runaway-pet?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Probably what happens to a real pet.

You would be captured and sent to a shelter, where either your owner would pick you back up or you would be adopted by a new family.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

I'd love to be a pet in the housepets universe! :D
It would be like having a great second chance.
And I'd get to make friend with King, Fox, Peanut, and the rest of the gang. YAY!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Unless they don't like you.

Or you instantly drop dead for being older than their maximum lifespan. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

Post by 0404 »

Sleet wrote:Or you instantly drop dead for being older than their maximum lifespan. :P
x( isn't that mean?
what I have noticed;
age of young (0-26) consider becomeing pet in HP! universe as "exchanging thier body" to pet,
but age of olds (30+) consider becoming pet in HP! universe as "reborn" into a pet.
Last edited by 0404 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

I'd burst into song...
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Furryforever

Post by Furryforever »

Can't really say there is any problem with my life now. Nothing to complain about but given the choice I would quite like to be a pet in the HP universe. While my life now is amazing I would rather take the risk and live in their dimension.
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

I would most likely choose to be a Housepets Pet they are so awesome, free, and can do almost anything I can normally do. I'd just find an excuse to hang out with Peanut and maybe a few others if they wouldn't mind.

Now a normal pet on the other hand. No. That would be pretty boring. Besides my real life is amazing. But being a HP character is better than my normal life. I just hope that I would have friends...besides Joey and his friends (Weird XD) and Bino (he's always depicted as a jerk "because he usually is") any of the other characters I'd be fine hanging out with.
Peanut is an AWESOME character. 'Nuff said.

Okay I also like King and Fox's friendship ^^;

Let's face it I just LOVE Housepets. If I played against Peanut on a videogame...I'd lose. I'm pretty skilled too XD
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Y'know, Bino might just possibly be a really sweet guy, when you get to know him.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

JeffCvt wrote:You would be captured and sent to a shelter, where either your owner would pick you back up or you would be adopted by a new family.
That... yes, that's exactly what happens to real pets. :)
Diss wrote:Y'know, Bino might just possibly be a really sweet guy, when you get to know him.
I've yet to see any evidence for that whatsoever, but we can hope!

While I totally dig King and his adventures, I'd more opt for one of the Milton wolves. About as independent while working within the rules of society as I've yet seen portrayed in HP!. Might even like being the one with a missing arm, if it meant I could work on building a business for pet prosthetics.
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Dissension wrote:Y'know, Bino might just possibly be a really sweet guy, when you get to know him.
Well he just seems bossy to me is all. I don't like bossy people. If he were a little LESS bossy I'd totally be friends with them.

Let's face it I just LOVE Housepets. If I played against Peanut on a videogame...I'd lose. I'm pretty skilled too XD
Karl

Post by Karl »

PeanutFan1997 wrote:
Dissension wrote:Y'know, Bino might just possibly be a really sweet guy, when you get to know him.
Well he just seems bossy to me is all. I don't like bossy people. If he were a little LESS bossy I'd totally be friends with them.
Some people are just being incomprehensible in other people's eyes. But sometimes it's better to approach such people to know how are they like in depth of themselves, rather than just watch how they are like on the outside.
Everyone deserve a chance to become friends.
I'm a bookworm!
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Karlos wrote:
PeanutFan1997 wrote:
Some people are just being incomprehensible in other people's eyes. But sometimes it's better to approach such people to know how are they like in depth of themselves, rather than just watch how they are like on the outside.
Not everyone. There are some people who wish nothing more than to make trouble for others. There were some people I came across during school who did nothing but bother others and cause trouble for their friends, when they had them. How many friends do you think those people had.
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Karlos wrote:
PeanutFan1997 wrote:

Well you are correct I suppose Bino isn't such a bad guy I guess he just doesn't want others to walk all over him.

Karl

Post by Karl »

MilesKingford wrote:Not everyone. There are some people who wish nothing more than to make trouble for others. There were some people I came across during school who did nothing but bother others and cause trouble for their friends, when they had them. How many friends do you think those people had.
I know what do you mean. I met such people pretty often. I even experienced such thing on this forum. Thought the guy was actually nice since some people were talking about him positively, despite his rather harsh temper. Tried to make contact but instead I got treated like trash. At such moments it's hard to believe in trusting someone who seems not worthy for your attention by his behavior.
But I also know that not all people have to be identical. I believe that some people can me misjudged just by how do we see them every day. That way I also earned friendship of some people who seemed to be real jerks, but turned out to be good people. That's why I prefer to give chance to people because I know there can be a potential in them. it's a risk, but sometimes worth taking. Sometimes someone just needs a helpful hands to get him out from the dark pit, even if they will slap it few times.
And I know it's important to give a chance to some people because I can be a real jerk myself. Maybe that's why Bino is my favorite character.
I'm a bookworm!
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Karlos wrote:
MilesKingford wrote:Not everyone. There are some people who wish nothing more than to make trouble for others. There were some people I came across during school who did nothing but bother others and cause trouble for their friends, when they had them. How many friends do you think those people had.
I know what do you mean. I met such people pretty often. I even experienced such thing on this forum. Thought the guy was actually nice since some people were talking about him positively, despite his rather harsh temper. Tried to make contact but instead I got treated like trash. At such moments it's hard to believe in trusting someone who seems not worthy for your attention by his behavior.
But I also know that not all people have to be identical. I believe that some people can me misjudged just by how do we see them every day. That way I also earned friendship of some people who seemed to be real jerks, but turned out to be good people. That's why I prefer to give chance to people because I know there can be a potential in them. it's a risk, but sometimes worth taking. Sometimes someone just needs a helpful hands to get him out from the dark pit, even if they will slap it few times.
And I know it's important to give a chance to some people because I can be a real jerk myself. Maybe that's why Bino is my favorite character.

I see. Well I've always wondered why Bino's never shared his nice side except once really early in the series when Peanut gave him a mailman pinata. I wish he would share it a little more often.

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

PeanutFan1997 wrote:
Karlos wrote:

I see. Well I've always wondered why Bino's never shared his nice side except once really early in the series when Peanut gave him a mailman pinata. I wish he would share it a little more often.

I think that was more out of guilt and a refusal to break that face Peanut had on him at the time...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

copper wrote: I think that was more out of guilt and a refusal to break that face Peanut had on him at the time...

I know but still for Bino, you've just gotta' dig deep to find his nice guy attitude. Everyone's nice deep down. Bino I say he's a jerk because he's scared. Scared everyone will walk all over him if he doesn't act like a jerk.

GarrisonSkunk

Re: If you had a chance to become Pet or Housepet universe P

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

It's hard to believe that Bino's a jerk just for no reason (or just out of jealosy of Fido's and Joey's varied accomplishments). Maybe Rick will do a flashback at some point to show a specific incident that made Puppy Bino go down that trail in life.

But to get the topic back on track I would not want to be a pet in ether RL or HP! universes. Since this topic started there seems to have been introduced a possible third option...show business animals like Allan and the Groundsquirrels who seem to be ownerless and in charge of their own affairs (Otherwise wouldn't the owner have negotiated with the Ferrets instead of them themselves?) Would people want to be one of them in the HP universe?
Fogboundjord

Post by Fogboundjord »

In the housepets universe probably yes. It could be fun, plus since pets can already talk in that universe I could still techniquely hang out with humans, unless they were jerks
Hey I have a hypothetical question,
how would you approach someone that who would make your life the happiest of anyone on the planet?

Post by 0404 »

Hummm I haven't shared my opinion yet.
Blue pill or red pill?
Being a housepet seems like legit way to remain in young soul. I like growing up as I fear it. IDK
Well, I just want to be in housepets universe as a pet for nice little Vacation. Have some fun time with pets in summer for little while and get back to real life by end of the summer. Or possibly on weekend.

If there is one option aviliable. Ummmmmm I've got so much things to do yet.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Who says you have to be a pet to be young at heart?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Sleet wrote:Who says you have to be a pet to be young at heart?
I just wanna be a Housepets pet but I'll make my own character for that don't wanna take someone else's life.

Seanfsena

Post by Seanfsena »

I would love to be a Housepets! universe pet, it would be nice even if I had a crappy owner.

But being a regular pet would be fine as well. Just being an animal in general would be nice actually.
You are only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't loss it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You wouldn't mind being abused?

Or, in the second scenario, lacking the ability for complex thought, and having a short life that will likely end violently or with starvation? :P
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Sleet wrote:You wouldn't mind being abused?

Or, in the second scenario, lacking the ability for complex thought, and having a short life that will likely end violently or with starvation? :P
I think in the first scenario he'd like it because he'd get to be friends with Peanut, Bino, and the others ^w^

Post by 0404 »

Sleet wrote:You wouldn't mind being abused?

let him be...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I mean, being a pet in the Housepets! universe would be awesome, but not if it meant abuse. :/
Sarnoff

Post by Sarnoff »

Sleet wrote:I mean, being a pet in the Housepets! universe would be awesome, but not if it meant abuse. :/
I feel like abuse or not, having a life of not really having to do anything would be awesome. Though I would miss driving,racing, and gun ownership.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Sarnoff wrote:
Sleet wrote:I mean, being a pet in the Housepets! universe would be awesome, but not if it meant abuse. :/
I feel like abuse or not, having a life of not really having to do anything would be awesome. Though I would miss driving,racing, and gun ownership.
Really? You would be completely happy having a life where you could do absolutely nothing with it? Those that do nothing in life live to regret it, and every person of an advanced age that I have ever talked to have expressed regret for not doing more with the time they had.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I, for one, would not want to be a pet.
Sarnoff

Post by Sarnoff »

MilesKingford wrote:
Sarnoff wrote:
Really? You would be completely happy having a life where you could do absolutely nothing with it? Those that do nothing in life live to regret it, and every person of an advanced age that I have ever talked to have expressed regret for not doing more with the time they had.
(Finally I can get back on the forums!) I would be willing to take my chances. A life of fun and carefree living sounds nice compared to a life of working all the time, retiring, then dieing.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Let's not forget that in the HP universe, not only are there bad owners, but bad pets as well. Remember Joel/King's backstory? Those "pets" (if you could call them that) looked so much like street punks that you could hardly classify them as "pets" at all. Which brings up another issue:
In the HP universe, there are more places to live than just Babylon Gardens. There's the farm, and the city, and the desert (see the strip with the guy on the phone talking about the temple that Mr. Milton moved) and other places I know exist from reading, but can't remember specifically. So, which one would you prefer?

Personally, and STRICTLY hypothetically, I would go for the chance to jump into the HP world as the "self-owned" pets, such as a wolf or a fox. (I like the idea of being taken more seriously, and actually having a JOB that I would enjoy doing.)

I don't know about the whole "children" thing... I can see it in some areas, such as how all the pets call their owners "mom" or "dad". But you see the "parents" so infrequently, it's almost like an episode of "Ed, Edd, and Eddy." The pets have SO much freedom it's more like they're immature adults living in their parent's basements, to a certain extent. (Not to mention the fact that the comic is PG rated, so it's hard to actually put plot into it that makes them any older or mature.)

As much as it goes against my Bible, I do like the idea that "all pets seem to go to heaven." (Note that we haven't actually seen anything in the plot that references a pet that IS in heaven [other than the All Dogs Go to Heaven joke early on] or a pet that has died in the past. And our visit(s) to heaven in the strip have been short enough to avoid this point. [See the heaven robbery and the trial plots.]) So I think I would enjoy being a "self-owned" pet who works for the Miltons in the HP universe.

Now as for being a pet or animal in the real world? Definitely NOT. I mentioned my Bible before, and I'll mention it again... I know there are people who say that pets go to heaven, and I KNOW that there are *some* animals in heaven. (the REAL one) But I don't know that EVERY animal has an afterlife, so I wouldn't enjoy losing that option. And animals in the real world certainly don't have the privileges that we humans do. (Who has ever heard of a pet LEGIBLY typing on a computer, or driving a car [Jumanji excluded] or enjoying the benefits of a waterpark or theme park ride?) And I'm certainly not willing to give up sentience for sentinence. I don't want my thoughts to be degraded to: "Hunger"..."pain"..."thirst"..."other(not PG)"
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Gren

Post by Gren »

Well, I like be human and sincerely, I don't think I could be happy being a pet of whatever kind, in reality or in housepets world. First of all, I like my brain and I wouldn't change it for anything. Second, human lifespan is enough short to me to make me think I would never changed it for any other more shorter. Of course, there's a lot more. Medicine is much more advanced in humans than animals, and of course, as a pet you don't have the same rights and privileges that humans have. I like to wear clothes too and I think it could be really annoying to have a mantle of fur all over your body all the time, specially because it requires many cares and cause a lot of troubles like moulting, fleas and other kinds of parasites, it's much more easy to get dirty, etc. I like to do all kind of activities humans do and pets not, like study, earn money, have autonomy, drive a car, etc; there is a saying it says (roughly) "life is not just eat, games and sex, that just make us animals" and that means that in our lives (human life) there's a lot of things we could and must do that make our lives more structured and diverse that a animal could have, even if we have the same basic needs (or instincts).

However, I think I'd love to have a pet like one of the housepets world, I always dream to be capable to communicate with my pets and see how smart they can be. Besides housepets animals are much more humans like, at least in personalities, and that makes much more easier to have a conversation with them and be capable to know what they want or need. Their lifespan is much more longer and that make justice for the poor pets of our world that only could live barely 15-20 years. Also, they are much more cute and self-sufficient that real animals and that makes thinks more easier and lovable.

That's all. I hope I have not offended any furry people. I'm not trying anyone think the same way as me, it's just my point of view.
ImageImage
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

I would love to be a pet! Tiger!!!!
Oliver!
[url]file:///media/archive/tweenui_wowr131c8e.zip/index.html[/url]
Argent

Post by Argent »

Sleet wrote: Or you instantly drop dead for being older than their maximum lifespan. :P
That's definitely a problem for some of us.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tiger wrote:I would love to be a pet! Tiger!!!!
But Tiger has crippling psychological disorders!
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

True... but same with me in real life kinda. It would be the same but a different body ^^
Oliver!
[url]file:///media/archive/tweenui_wowr131c8e.zip/index.html[/url]
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Well, honestly, I think I'd rather be a Pet. Regardless of whether I'm in the Housepets! universe or not (but I really really really would like it more if I was in the HP! universe), I'd still take the chance.
I mean, sure, by becoming a pet, it means I'll be losing a lot of myself. But then again, I don't have a lot of things to hold on to. Other than maybe family and friends, but still...

Besides, I don't think there's anything wrong with being a pet. Well, other than being a little dependent on your owner. But that's not to say I'm not dependent now. But then you get to be free and do whatever you want, to some extent.

You know, I don't think I want to delve too much in this topic. It's too... something. I don't know what word it is, but I think I should stop talking here.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Frank

Post by Frank »

texascat018 wrote:Wow, Everyone seems to be having a Perfect life!; or at least not having a hard time that makes you think about changing yourself in to Pet.
Myself... my life is far from being considered "perfect" but, as enticing as the idea is, I don't think I'd take it. Although I'd probably be quite happy as a Spo, the shorter life-span is kind of a deal-breaker for me.
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010