If you had a chance to become Pet or Housepet universe Pet.

Discuss the comic here
what

Re: If you had a chance to become Pet or Housepet universe P

Post by what »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:For example, a dog who lives for 13 years would live for 26 years. Cats live for 30 years instead of 15 years. Mice would be 4 to 6 years and rabbits would be 18 years.

Obviously this wouldn't count for humans, since the average life expectancy in the US is 79 years old.

Unless Limerick Guy is actually 158 years old.
is this cannon? i never saw rick mention it, although he could have mentioned it on his tumblr or deviantart.

and also i take back what i said, the hp! world functions with a heaven so basically dying isn't that big of a deal.

im very gay
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

yeah, Rick has said it outside of the comic, so that lifespan is pretty much canon, at least for dogs and cats. not sure about mice, or Spo and Squeak would be near death already assuming time progresses about the same in comic as it does in the real world.
or rick's using Simpsons time and resetting everything each year so that births happened more recently (like how Simpsons was around in the 80s but Bart was apparently not born until sometime in the 90s)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would go with Simpsons' time since it is definitely a lot less morbid.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

We can also go with K&K timeline, where someone's age isn't in sync with time.

Like before the Y2K thing, Rudy had 12 but in 2004 he has only 14. All new years strips are included.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That actually isn't that bad of a concept.

Now somebody tell me what the **** K&K is?
Argent

Post by Argent »

Dogs and cats live up to 40 years:
I may have neglected to mention beforehand: most animals in our world have significantly longer lifespans and smaller litter numbers than in your own. It’s still not the length of a human lifespan for most—elephants still only live about eighty years, and most ungulates still hover around forty and approach fifty, but dogs and cats also live up to forty years, though in the wild that number is often closer to fifteen. On average, anyway. -- Sabrina in Return of the American Nomad
Also, all dogs go to heaven, which is definitely a bonus...
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well then if they live up to their 40s and over their 40s, we don't have to worry about them dying just yet. ;)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:That actually isn't that bad of a concept.

Now somebody tell me what the **** K&K is?
That's Kevin & Kell, the oldest continuous furry webcomic.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well apparently I must be living under a rock because this is the first time I heard of it. :P
AceMilton

Post by AceMilton »

Yeah, I guess. As long as Pete, Kitsune or Dragon is looking down at me right now, thinking: "Well, let's see how do ya like that!"
Tola

Post by Tola »

A pet, no. But I wouldn't mind being a human in the Housepets universe... most of the pets are surprisingly literate (even Bino read Pridelands, and I would not feel safe in betting any cat or dog is less intelligent than he is except for Daisy), but if the Sandwich family is representative than their allowance means weeks or months of saving for any book their owners don't buy for them. Further, the closest book shop is still apparently too far to walk. Babylon Springs seems like it could really use a library. Get the humans to do a fundraiser for renovating the amazingly unhaunted house if the ferrets dedicate a small yearly budget for maintenance and new materials... nah. It'd never work; if you approached them with plans to make a house a community building, they'd google 'library', declare it boring and set up an arcade/media center instead.
AmberTheWolfKit

Post by AmberTheWolfKit »

(Have no idea how active this thread is, but I really like the question~)

I'd be a pet in the Housepets universe! I mean, being a pet there is basically the same as being a kid in our world, except you never grow out of it! I wouldn't mind living my life without much worries like work or money... just what I want to do with my time! Plus, being a cute animal (because face it, all the animals in this are adorable) is a bonus!

As for in real life... Eh, maybe? That would be heavily dependent on how human like my thoughts are and if I could get a good owner.

Love the question, I'd say it make for an interesting fanfiction, but I've already seen some! :lol:
I have no idea what I'm doing here.

But hey, I'll roll with it.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

I would be human, in the housepets universe
TheAbsolute

Post by TheAbsolute »

Only if it's in the Housepets! Universe
Real world, not so much, for many reasons
To be honest, the care free lifestyle of the comic's various characters, while still having them be intelligent beings, is what makes it so enjoyable. And I'd be lying if I said that wouldn't be a good way to live by my standards.
Read this comic just hoping for a fun little time waster
Now I'm obsessed, please help

Warning: Dog Marrige!