Just an idea.

Discuss the comic here
AreYouSure

Just an idea.

Post by AreYouSure »

So most of the characters are cats and dogs with one rabbit, two mice, six ferrets and a Wolf family. That's fine, but those are some really basic pets/animals. A though came up in my head that would both A) open the horizons in terms of character species and B) be cool. I am suggesting a new character be introduced, but as a more... unique pet. I am of course talking about a Domestic Silver Fox.

The Domestic Silver Fox is just what the name implies: a domesticated silver fox. They're known to be smart and friendly which would make for an interesting character (considering most of them are usually either one or the other). It could lead to some interesting scenarios like the character asking Bino to let him join the Good Ol' Dog's Club saying that Foxes are canines, but Bino not letting him (just like the jerk we know him to be).

It's an idea, and I have a slight doubt on me being the first one to come up with it, but why not? I've kind of been wanting a new character introduction anyway...
Silly Zealot

Re: Just an idea.

Post by Silly Zealot »

Rick is going to put Sleet in the comic? Why wasn't I informed?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Hamsters. Lots and lots of Hamsters. *Gets looked at* ...what? >_> <_<
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sleet's arctic, not silver

also, there was a guy with a snake at the party in The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Sleet's arctic, not silver

also, there was a guy with a snake at the party in The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Details, details. Besides, the fur DOES look silver!

But yeah, I wonder if insects and such can talk in Housepets! too!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

This has been brought up, characters being introduced... The Kitsune is a fox of sorts!

Also, never hurts to write Fan Fiction when you get a good idea!! :D :D
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

copper wrote:This has been brought up, characters being introduced... The Kitsune is a fox of sorts!
Not to mention a certain real life friend of Rick....

Duster

Post by Duster »

Um, hello? You forgot to mention His Royal Foxiness, Karishad!
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

In terms of adding limits to the species, I was just wondering if we ever had a case of "intelligent" reptiles, amphibians, fish and less complex creatures. I think we could agree that mammals(most pets, woodland creatures, zoo and farm animals, and the dolphins e_e) and birds (what chicken and this bird) are "intelligent" in the universe.
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

GeckoZY wrote:In terms of adding limits to the species, I was just wondering if we ever had a case of "intelligent" reptiles, amphibians, fish and less complex creatures. I think we could agree that mammals(most pets, woodland creatures, zoo and farm animals, and the dolphins e_e) and birds (what chicken and this bird) are "intelligent" in the universe.

That snake did trick Peanut at the Zoo.... take it as you will.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

copper wrote:
GeckoZY wrote:In terms of adding limits to the species, I was just wondering if we ever had a case of "intelligent" reptiles, amphibians, fish and less complex creatures. I think we could agree that mammals(most pets, woodland creatures, zoo and farm animals, and the dolphins e_e) and birds (what chicken and this bird) are "intelligent" in the universe.

That snake did trick Peanut at the Zoo.... take it as you will.
Forgot that snake. :oops:
The other reptiles in the other strips never talked, like fluffy. XD
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Rockyscar

Post by Rockyscar »

GameCobra wrote:Hamsters. Lots and lots of Hamsters. *Gets looked at* ...what? >_> <_<
Hamsters, yes hamsters. A family of people could move in and that have 15 pat hamsters xD
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Considering what domestic silver foxes exist for in the first place, this would raise some ethical concerns.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Pet rats. How would Spo and Squeak react?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I don't think there's going to be any new characters brought into the strip anytime soon, sorry.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Duster wrote:Um, hello? You forgot to mention His Royal Foxiness, Karishad!
Silly Zealot wrote:
copper wrote:This has been brought up, characters being introduced... The Kitsune is a fox of sorts!
Not to mention a certain real life friend of Rick....
Do I have to repeat myself all the time?!
Foxstar wrote:I don't think there's going to be any new characters brought into the strip anytime soon, sorry.
That's why we are asking it in advance! : D

Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Silly Zealot wrote:That's why we are asking it in advance! : D
Here is the answer to it in the long and short of it. No.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

I think there's already enough characters and species in the comic. Get to many characters within a story/comic and then it starts to get confusing as to what each character's goal is and their back history. From kangaroos to wolfs, from wolfs to rabbits. from rabbits to racoons. Then of course we have mystical beasts such as griffins and dragons. Even in Heaven, Rick made more mythological creatures, more for back ground and story rather then as characters, but never the less they were created and now exist in the comic.

All my opinion though. I'd like to see more of the story rather then more characters.

copper wrote:Also, never hurts to write Fan Fiction when you get a good idea!! :D :D
Do That! I'm getting an arc myself for Daisy and Fox.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Foxstar wrote:
I said asking not demanding! There is no need to go supernova on me!
Tatsuo wrote:I think there's already enough characters and species in the comic. Get to many characters within a story/comic and then it starts to get confusing as to what each character's goal is and their back history. From kangaroos to wolfs, from wolfs to rabbits. from rabbits to racoons. Then of course we have mystical beasts such as griffins and dragons. Even in Heaven, Rick made more mythological creatures, more for back ground and story rather then as characters, but never the less they were created and now exist in the comic.

All my opinion though. I'd like to see more of the story rather then more characters.
Yeah, you are right, the story already has enough extras to make infinite adventures. : D

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Foxstar wrote:
I said asking not demanding! There is no need to go supernova on me!
He's not. He's just being direct. ;)

Yeah, I'm feeling the same. I'd like to see more done with the other characters before I see too many more new ones (puppies are always an exception :D )
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Obbl wrote:(puppies are always an exception :D )

Lol Oh heck yeah =D
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't think Rick really expects all his characters to appear as much as some of the main characters, so I can see minor characters being introduced still.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

I'd love to see a Housepets acting class. Every class I've been to has been incredibly diverse. French, Irish, Australian, German, Finnish, you name it I've met them. Not to mention fire eaters, hulahoop masters, burlesque dancers, unicyclists, Stop motion artists, mask makers, film makers. It's like some crazy zoo.
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Sleet wrote:I don't think Rick really expects all his characters to appear as much as some of the main characters, so I can see minor characters being introduced still.

You mean like the Raccoon ark? I think I could see that. As long as it doesn't get to involved though.