Soliciting Guest Strips

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Dissension

Soliciting Guest Strips

Post by Dissension »

At the conclusion of this arc, Rick will take a week to focus on other projects. We'd like to invite you to submit guest strips for publication during that time. We'll run guest strips beginning Wednesday, June 5th and the comic will resume the following Wednesday. Please e-mail your submissions to [email protected] and include any alt/title text you would like. If you do not include one, we reserve the right to make one up for you. All submissions become the property of RickGriffin Studios at the time of entry and we may reject any submission without notice.

As always, I'm excited to see what y'all come up with!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
D-Rock

Re: Soliciting Guest Strips

Post by D-Rock »

No good at drawing or jokes, myself, but looking forward to guest week.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Spens

Post by Spens »

Man, looks like it's time to dust off the ol' Wacom.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I sent an idea for a strip to STU, now to hope he can make it on time 8-)
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

When is the due date for submissions?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Drawing skills! Drawing skills! A bagel for drawing skills!

If I were able, I would draw a dramatic mini-series about the ongoing furret rickyologists versus ponbon rickyologists schism war. Death to the ponbon pigs!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Do you know anyone beside Stu who can draw a comic with the idea I had since the previous guest strip week?
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

still waiting
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

*puppy eyes*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

The instructions for submitting strips are outlined above!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Awww, Rick and Dissension, and probably the other modertors as well, planned a guest strip marathon for my birthday! Thank you, guys! I really apreciate it!
Does this mean that "The King and I" ends on Monday, instead of Friday?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

flaremaster

Post by flaremaster »

Probably with an epilogue, like "The Trial In Heaven" did last year.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

kavviyenta wrote:Do you know anyone beside Stu who can draw a comic with the idea I had since the previous guest strip week?
I don't know anyone else who draws here aside from Huckley.

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Silly Zealot wrote:
kavviyenta wrote:Do you know anyone beside Stu who can draw a comic with the idea I had since the previous guest strip week?
I don't know anyone else who draws here aside from Huckley.

Look in the Art Thread in Media Median in Not The Comic and you will find many talented artists on the forums.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I wanted to ask one more thing:
You wrote this will give Rick time to focus on other projects, what kind of projects? Private, commissions, "it's a surprise!", world domination, all of the previous ones?

Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Silly Zealot wrote:I wanted to ask one more thing:
You wrote this will give Rick time to focus on other projects, what kind of projects? Private, commissions, "it's a surprise!", world domination, all of the previous ones?
He's going to privately commission a surprise world domination.
Duster

Post by Duster »

Rick has scads of other projects right as of now, chief among them I believe is his novel in progress "In the New Age", which he's also expressed interest in drawing a short series of comic strips about it.
Not to mention Rick has been completing Iron artist commissions since earlier this year. I'm sure there is also several other equally important things requiring his attention, besides his artistic endeavors. Plus who could blame him if he decided he wanted to take a brief hiatus? Rick's only human after all, so i'm sure he needs his fair share of fresh air and sunshine.

Whatever the case I hope he's able to do whatever it is that he needs to get done.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Duster wrote:
Rick has scads of other projects right as of now, chief among them I believe is his novel in progress "In the New Age", which he's also expressed interest in drawing a short series of comic strips about it.
Not to mention Rick has been completing Iron artist commissions since earlier this year. I'm sure there is also several other equally important things requiring his attention, besides his artistic endeavors. Plus who could blame him if he decided he wanted to take a brief hiatus? Rick's only human after all, so i'm sure he needs his fair share of fresh air and sunshine.

Whatever the case I hope he's able to do whatever it is that he needs to get done.
I think he was just curious, not blaming. And... holy cow? Rick's doing an Iron Artist, too? MORE POWER TO HIM! Man, that excites me! I had no idea!
Duster

Post by Duster »

Ryusuta wrote:
Duster wrote:

I think he was just curious, not blaming. And... holy cow? Rick's doing an Iron Artist, too? MORE POWER TO HIM! Man, that excites me! I had no idea!
Not blaming anyone, see :arrow: :) I'm not upset. Nah, just trying to somewhat answer his question.

I also like to rant from time to time, so sue me. :3
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I would never demand anything from someone who has already provided me with tons of drawings for free...... but I'm super happy he's still working on INA!
Your answers are appreciated, and were actually helpful, Duster, but I'm sure the moderators themselves would also have a few juicy details to add. ;)

Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

Sniff, sniff...

Yeah, I thought I smelled a new book in the offing. I seem to recall something about a sequel to Argo, but I'm sure Rick has lots of other irons in the fire.
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe