Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 
Here's where I think King's story is going... 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 287
Post Here's where I think King's story is going...
Pete has given himself and King a 1-year timeframe for his victory. My guess is that this is real time. This cosmic nerd arc ends in a year.

He's also succeeded in half of what he wanted: King either wants to stay as a dog, or really, really doesn't mind doing so. The other half, though, is for King to become his "dark paladin," and fight for him.

Pete has said that his "dark paladin" is fueled by discontentment. And right now King is about as content as could be. Why? Because he has Bailey. King has also kept his secret for a very long time now.

So, here's what I suspect will happen. Bailey is going to be taken from King. I consider this a foregone conclusion. King is supposed to be discontent for the purposes of the game, so Bailey will have to be taken from him in order to achieve that. But who would do that? Well, I DO have one idea of who would do it.

...The PETA guy. No, seriously. Think about it. It's been years since he was imprisoned, meaning it could make sense if he is now OUT of prison. It would make a lot of sense from a storytelling standpoint, because it's the echo of King's own personal guilt. He is having to face a problem he once caused. It could even make sense that Bailey is mistaken for Fox at a distance by a crazed nutjob like that. And finally, if King goes after him, it's at its most likely that his secret is going to FINALLY come out.

Now, I'm not promising that that's who's going to take Bailey, but I am still pretty certain that Bailey leaving the picture is a big part of it, if only temporarily. When Bailey is taken from him, desperation reaches its peak to get her back and King does the one thing he never, ever wanted to do: get on his knees and as Pete for help. A bargain is struck - King helps Pete in order to get his wife back. That starts the final conflict, and while I don't know all of the players that would be involved, I'm certain that Dragon's avatar and supporters would be a part of the scene. But remember, it's King I'm talking about.

There's also a slight chance (not a big one, but a slight one), that King will die at the end of this. I consider this to be the case because there is a lot of talk about his soul being in limbo, dog heaven, a final reward, and other such things. Death is never absolute in comics so I wouldn't rule out him coming back, but I do consider this a possibility.

So, that's sort of my take on the subject. What do you guys think?


Fri May 31, 2013 11:23 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14865
Location: Italy
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Right now, my only speculation goes in one direction: PUPPIES! :D :D :D
Sorry, but today the paranoia office is closed.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri May 31, 2013 11:59 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 287
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
valerio wrote:
Right now, my only speculation goes in one direction: PUPPIES! :D :D :D
Sorry, but today the paranoia office is closed.


I'm not ruling out adorable stubby-legged husky pups either, mind you. <3


Fri May 31, 2013 12:11 pm
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1503
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
I think your overthinking it.


Fri May 31, 2013 1:37 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 287
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Foxstar wrote:
I think your overthinking it.


Maybe, but I also think this is going to be something that is coming and we might as well prepare for it!


Fri May 31, 2013 4:48 pm
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6312
Location: Florida
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
The only death of King would be symbolic, either in the death" of one of the two sides of him, a "death" in his inner conflict, or a "death" of part of his soul, as he stays a dog or becomes human. A real death for King would be too easy of an ending for this character. There is simply too much there to go out that simply....

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Fri May 31, 2013 8:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 287
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
I really, really hope you're right. I think that angle will at least be teased, though. Not necessarily that he WILL die, just that it'll be highly suggested he will at one point.


Fri May 31, 2013 8:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1423
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
copper wrote:
The only death of King would be symbolic, either in the death" of one of the two sides of him, a "death" in his inner conflict, or a "death" of part of his soul, as he stays a dog or becomes human. A real death for King would be too easy of an ending for this character. There is simply too much there to go out that simply....

Truly so! Besides, only bronze bullets can kill a were-Corgi.

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Fri May 31, 2013 9:08 pm
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6312
Location: Florida
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Silly Zealot wrote:
copper wrote:
The only death of King would be symbolic, either in the death" of one of the two sides of him, a "death" in his inner conflict, or a "death" of part of his soul, as he stays a dog or becomes human. A real death for King would be too easy of an ending for this character. There is simply too much there to go out that simply....

Truly so! Besides, only bronze bullets can kill a were-Corgi.



Copper Bullets, actually.... bronze is not a pure elemental metal. :P

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Fri May 31, 2013 9:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1423
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
copper wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
copper wrote:
The only death of King would be symbolic, either in the death" of one of the two sides of him, a "death" in his inner conflict, or a "death" of part of his soul, as he stays a dog or becomes human. A real death for King would be too easy of an ending for this character. There is simply too much there to go out that simply....

Truly so! Besides, only bronze bullets can kill a were-Corgi.



Copper Bullets, actually.... bronze is not a pure elemental metal. :P

First off, magic has hardly ever been about purity.
And second off, stop fantasizing about killing dudes-turned-Corgis, cooper!

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Fri May 31, 2013 9:44 pm
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6312
Location: Florida
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Silly Zealot wrote:
copper wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
The only death of King would be symbolic, either in the death" of one of the two sides of him, a "death" in his inner conflict, or a "death" of part of his soul, as he stays a dog or becomes human. A real death for King would be too easy of an ending for this character. There is simply too much there to go out that simply....

Truly so! Besides, only bronze bullets can kill a were-Corgi.



Copper Bullets, actually.... bronze is not a pure elemental metal. :P

First off, magic has hardly ever been about purity.
And second off, stop fantasizing about killing dudes-turned-Corgis, cooper![/quote]


The reason why Silver Bullets are the only thing that can kill Werewolves? The silver is supposed to be as pure as the werewolf's heart has become corrupt.

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Fri May 31, 2013 10:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1423
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Ayup, but Were-Corgis are not that corrupted, so mixed metals work!
What did they teach you in your appointed witch-hunter education centre, anyway?

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Fri May 31, 2013 10:15 pm
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6312
Location: Florida
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Many things that have nothing to do with this topis, except that Gryphons are vain creatures and, although magical, can be quite mischievous.


I do believe King will be well.

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Fri May 31, 2013 10:37 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15593
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Keep in mind what comic you're reading. Rick doesn't torture his characters. There are sad events and then there's tearing apart everything a character ever loved.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:34 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 287
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
It's not exactly unprecedented. There are warning signs that Bailey will be kidnapped, as well as precedents. Plus, there is a lot of buildup to King's capitulation towards Pete, so either Bailey gets kidnapped or King somehow does (maybe his secret gets out and he's jailed or something), and he has to ask Pete for help. I don't know the exact details, but again, there is a buildup for this event to happen.

I might be going a little far with the possibility of King's even temporary death (since that's the only thing in the comic WITHOUT precedent), but it's still possible.

it's kind of a moot point right this second since this is built up to go down around a year from now, but the logic is there.


Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:59 am
Profile
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1305
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Why does King even need any more incentive to be Pete's avatar? If he doesn't help Pete he's going to turn back into a human and lose Bailey that way. :? I'm pretty sure that's all the incentive he's going to need.

_________________
Image


Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 287
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Obbl wrote:
Why does King even need any more incentive to be Pete's avatar? If he doesn't help Pete he's going to turn back into a human and lose Bailey that way. :? I'm pretty sure that's all the incentive he's going to need.


If it were as simple as that, he'd have already agreed to it.


Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:41 pm
Profile
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1305
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
He's kinda busy at the moment ;)
Besides Pete said "When you decide you want to remain as you are", which implies that he is very certain King will accept his offer simply to remain a dog.
Even if King does put it off for a while, as the time gets closer and closer, he's going to feel the crunch until he eventually acts on it. He's not going to allow himself to turn back into a human if he can do something about it. "I will move heaven and earth to get you." He is not going to give her up.

_________________
Image


Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:29 pm
Posts: 327
Location: A treehouse atop a hill
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Here's how it'll go

Pete - "Time's up, you were warned"
*POOF*
*King turns into a human*
*10 minutes pass*
King - (On his knees) "Oh mighty dragon, make me a dog again"
Tarot's Dragon - "Ok!"
*POOF*

Problem solved

_________________
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"


Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 287
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
JohnWillow wrote:
Here's how it'll go

Pete - "Time's up, you were warned"
*POOF*
*King turns into a human*
*10 minutes pass*
King - (On his knees) "Oh mighty dragon, make me a dog again"
Tarot's Dragon - "Ok!"
*POOF*

Problem solved


She can't do that. King counts as an unrelated third party OR as Pete's avatar, and either way that means Dragon is not allowed to do anything like that for him.


Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:16 pm
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1503
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
JohnWillow wrote:
Here's how it'll go

Pete - "Time's up, you were warned"
*POOF*
*King turns into a human*
*10 minutes pass*
King - (On his knees) "Oh mighty dragon, make me a dog again"
Tarot's Dragon - "Ok!"
*POOF*

Problem solved


Dragon can't do that, put simply.


Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:17 am
Profile ICQ YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 3:43 pm
Posts: 1506
Location: Skulking in Borehamwood, England
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Considering that it would be after the game, and thus not restricted by the rules that could be plausible really. Would Pete be allowed to leave King in such a state? He can do as he likes so long as he would pass on to heaven unprovoked by his actions, so what if leaving him Human would go against that?

_________________
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
Redefining good and evil since 1996! - BigBenBPTQ
Want to talk? PM me or message at Kyuubi.Kitsune00@gmail.com and add me on Google+


Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3236
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Ryusuta wrote:
She can't do that. King counts as an unrelated third party OR as Pete's avatar, and either way that means Dragon is not allowed to do anything like that for him.
During the game. Once the game's over, game rules don't apply.

Foxstar wrote:
Dragon can't do that, put simply.
Not yet, she can't. After she's won? Why not?

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:
Considering that it would be after the game, and thus not restricted by the rules that could be plausible really. Would Pete be allowed to leave King in such a state? He can do as he likes so long as he would pass on to heaven unprovoked by his actions, so what if leaving him Human would go against that?
Yeh, it's the kind of obvious loophole any self respecting literal-minded supernatural being (Djinn, etc) could drive a palace through.

(now I'm imagining Dragon talking like Robin Williams. "Loophole, coming though, toot toot!")

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:44 am
Profile WWW
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1503
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:
Considering that it would be after the game, and thus not restricted by the rules that could be plausible really. Would Pete be allowed to leave King in such a state? He can do as he likes so long as he would pass on to heaven unprovoked by his actions, so what if leaving him Human would go against that?


The thing is the game already predates current Housepets. I'm pretty sure that it will still be going after all the current cast are dead.


Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:52 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3236
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Foxstar wrote:
Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:
Considering that it would be after the game, and thus not restricted by the rules that could be plausible really. Would Pete be allowed to leave King in such a state? He can do as he likes so long as he would pass on to heaven unprovoked by his actions, so what if leaving him Human would go against that?

The thing is the game already predates current Housepets. I'm pretty sure that it will still be going after all the current cast are dead.

Pete has said he's resigning in a year. If he does, Dragon's no longer bound by the game restrictions and can reward King if she chooses.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1503
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Argent wrote:
Foxstar wrote:
Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:
Considering that it would be after the game, and thus not restricted by the rules that could be plausible really. Would Pete be allowed to leave King in such a state? He can do as he likes so long as he would pass on to heaven unprovoked by his actions, so what if leaving him Human would go against that?

The thing is the game already predates current Housepets. I'm pretty sure that it will still be going after all the current cast are dead.

Pete has said he's resigning in a year. If he does, Dragon's no longer bound by the game restrictions and can reward King if she chooses.


But I'm pretty sure she won't, because King was born a human, getting turned into a dog was meddling with his life. Why would Dragon meddle with his life even more to turn him back into a dog after he was reverted to a human? No, King is going to have to decide, dog or human and he can not count on Dragon being there to bail him out.


Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:30 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3236
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Foxstar wrote:
But I'm pretty sure she won't, because King was born a human, getting turned into a dog was meddling with his life. Why would Dragon meddle with his life even more to turn him back into a dog after he was reverted to a human? No, King is going to have to decide, dog or human and he can not count on Dragon being there to bail him out.
That's as may be, but that's a different thing from "she can't".

And if she won't do it for King when King's risking everything is what would have won her the game, that's a jerk move. Danny Divito rather than Robin Williams. I don't want to hear Dragon in Danny Divito's voice.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 287
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
You're both making really good points. I genuinely do think that King will end up siding with Pete one way or another, simply from a storytelling standpoint. But it's still up in the air.


Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4331
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Foxstar wrote:
Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:
Considering that it would be after the game, and thus not restricted by the rules that could be plausible really. Would Pete be allowed to leave King in such a state? He can do as he likes so long as he would pass on to heaven unprovoked by his actions, so what if leaving him Human would go against that?


The thing is the game already predates current Housepets. I'm pretty sure that it will still be going after all the current cast are dead.


The other game that they are playing that started the whole Duel sure. That will still be going on, however I doubt that once Pete gets King as an Avatar that this duel will be going on much longer passed that. Unless Rick plans on doing a few time jumps in the comic.

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:34 am
Posts: 1
Location: Wisconsin
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Well that is correct for the game predates the current housepets world does not mean it will be a centuries long risk game. For a background of the game we must go back and remember that Pete made an early in-game mistake by placing his temple in a desert to which it was cursed by the Dragon leaving no hope of collecting followers and raising avatars from them thus causing the game to end in a standstill leaving the game to end in gridlock till a later time (We All Dream For Sundering- http://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/05/25/we-all-dream-for-sundering/ ). The game only then triggered back into action when the manna pool in the temple was activated by Zach thus setting Pete to be free to play an active part again ( So Cool- http://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/11/23/so-cool/ ). Thus done Pete still needs an avatar and now he has the resources to gain one. Though looking at it we see that Pete is in a losing situation for during the centuries of game gridlock did not stop the dragon from getting her avatar, Tarot making her as a power full piece to the game. (Though I will not ground this firmly for the Dragon's bond with Tarot has been weakened (yet the amount that it was weakened I do not know) due to their conflict with Peanut (note "Gift of Tongues"- http://www.housepetscomic.com/2013/08/16/gift-of-tongues/ ). Likewise Pete attempted to make Joel his avatar by making him King but in the end that avatar failed due to Pete not obeying certain rules. (Slave To Details http://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/12/slave-to-details-2/ ). Thus done Pete is still in a losing situation for he still has no avatar to play with thus he is already losing and very close to it so he in turn threatens King to be his avatar by forfeiting leading to the spell placed on King to reverse turning him once more into a human (as seen in Tactical Retreat- http://www.housepetscomic.com/2013/05/22/tactical-retreat/ ) by which we know that this is not something that King would ever want to do for he already fell in love and married to a dog he loves and just the look on his face in Woe Woe Woe ( http://www.housepetscomic.com/2013/05/24/woe-woe-woe/ )explains it all.
From here I would like to branch to a small hypothesis I created to which I cannot be sure to confirm. My hypothesis is that Pete will never actually forfeit since he had already has made an avatar now, Keene (Maybe To An Astral Plane- http://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/10/15/maybe-to-an-astral-plane/ ) which I believe might just be Pete's back up plan and nothing else, but there is potential that he would have a significant impact in the game. Even so Pete hides this information from everyone else including King and the Dragon to which he presents himself helpless making his point to force King to play for him. In this manner there is a possibility that Pete would scheme to have two avatars. For Pete surrendering does not sound likely to me for his whole character does not look like a person who would look at losing as an option.
If there are any opinions anyone would like to add to or contradict to this I would be glad to read them over for I myself barely know what's going one in entire housepets' storyline and I would love to hear from others. Even so I do not fully know how King would fulfill Pete's demands, to which does that mean he has to play as the Dark Paladin? And how would he do that if he is perfectly content? Or would that in the near future he would be placed in a situation by which he is discontent as he was before so he can fulfill this role? There are many questions that would arise to King's future and I hope that I at least answered a few of other questions through this small essay. (Wow, after proofreading, I did not know my response would become this big :shock: ).

_________________
All answers can be found in the details


Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Posts: 497
Location: Texas
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Exalo wrote:
Well that is correct for the game predates the current housepets world does not mean it will be a centuries long risk game. For a background of the game we must go back and remember that Pete made an early in-game mistake by placing his temple in a desert to which it was cursed by the Dragon leaving no hope of collecting followers and raising avatars from them thus causing the game to end in a standstill leaving the game to end in gridlock till a later time (We All Dream For Sundering- http://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/05/25/we-all-dream-for-sundering/ ). The game only then triggered back into action when the manna pool in the temple was activated by Zach thus setting Pete to be free to play an active part again ( So Cool- http://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/11/23/so-cool/ ). Thus done Pete still needs an avatar and now he has the resources to gain one. Though looking at it we see that Pete is in a losing situation for during the centuries of game gridlock did not stop the dragon from getting her avatar, Tarot making her as a power full piece to the game. (Though I will not ground this firmly for the Dragon's bond with Tarot has been weakened (yet the amount that it was weakened I do not know) due to their conflict with Peanut (note "Gift of Tongues"- http://www.housepetscomic.com/2013/08/16/gift-of-tongues/ ). Likewise Pete attempted to make Joel his avatar by making him King but in the end that avatar failed due to Pete not obeying certain rules. (Slave To Details http://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/12/slave-to-details-2/ ). Thus done Pete is still in a losing situation for he still has no avatar to play with thus he is already losing and very close to it so he in turn threatens King to be his avatar by forfeiting leading to the spell placed on King to reverse turning him once more into a human (as seen in Tactical Retreat- http://www.housepetscomic.com/2013/05/22/tactical-retreat/ ) by which we know that this is not something that King would ever want to do for he already fell in love and married to a dog he loves and just the look on his face in Woe Woe Woe ( http://www.housepetscomic.com/2013/05/24/woe-woe-woe/ )explains it all.
From here I would like to branch to a small hypothesis I created to which I cannot be sure to confirm. My hypothesis is that Pete will never actually forfeit since he had already has made an avatar now, Keene (Maybe To An Astral Plane- http://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/10/15/maybe-to-an-astral-plane/ ) which I believe might just be Pete's back up plan and nothing else, but there is potential that he would have a significant impact in the game. Even so Pete hides this information from everyone else including King and the Dragon to which he presents himself helpless making his point to force King to play for him. In this manner there is a possibility that Pete would scheme to have two avatars. For Pete surrendering does not sound likely to me for his whole character does not look like a person who would look at losing as an option.
If there are any opinions anyone would like to add to or contradict to this I would be glad to read them over for I myself barely know what's going one in entire housepets' storyline and I would love to hear from others. Even so I do not fully know how King would fulfill Pete's demands, to which does that mean he has to play as the Dark Paladin? And how would he do that if he is perfectly content? Or would that in the near future he would be placed in a situation by which he is discontent as he was before so he can fulfill this role? There are many questions that would arise to King's future and I hope that I at least answered a few of other questions through this small essay. (Wow, after proofreading, I did not know my response would become this big :shock: ).

Wow, that's rather thorough. The only thing I think I can refute is your hypothesis of Pete having Keene as a second avatar. That move would require cheating, as this game only allows dogs and cats. I think "minion" or "follower" would be more correct.

_________________
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.

Check out my DeviantART if you'd like: http://d-rock92.deviantart.com/


Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:26 am
Profile
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1305
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Actually, this isn't a centuries long game, this is a millennia long game. Dragon has been building up her avatar for 5000 years. Since power can be built up over generations, it's likely Tarot is from a long line of avatars that have never had to do much game-wise.
And as D-Rock said, only dogs and cats are allowed in this game, so Keene is ineligible as Pete's avatar (unless he were to be turned into a dog or cat, though I can't imagine Keene agreeing to that).
Thus, Pete either has to find a new avatar that he can train up quickly enough to attempt to match Dragon's avatar (though due to the fact that he was really working hard to squeeze bonuses out of King, as seen here, it would seem Pete doesn't think it very likely that his chances are very good after his top 2 ideas have been removed (the Dream Sunderers and King).
He may have another plan up his sleeve, but there comes a time when you know the odds are stacked against you so high that there is nothing further you can do. It may really make sense for Pete to resign if King doesn't agree to become his avatar.
But now things have shifted. Whereas before, the only thing keeping King tied to him was because he wanted to get the ordeal over with and go back to being human, and doing Pete's bidding was going to be the fastest route to that end. Now, however, he has a reason to remain as a dog. Thus Pete has some leverage, and that is the reason for bringing up the caveat of returning to a human with King.
We'll get to see how it all pans out in a few months, but it doesn't seem likely that King is going to let his new life go without a fight. Not now that he has finally found some happiness in life.

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm
Posts: 1192
Location: Virginia
Post Re: Here's where I think King's story is going...
Well seeing what Pete can do, he'll probably find a way to proclaim victory. I mean heck, he could even find a way to get King, Grape, and Peanut while Dragon and Tarot aren't looking even though Zach was the one who released him.

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:26 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Number9Dysonsphere and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.