Future Arcs

Discuss the comic here
NHWestoN

Re: Future Arcs

Post by NHWestoN »

...what I suggested on 25 November 2017. Still like it.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

NHWestoN wrote:...what I suggested on 25 November 2017. Still like it.
Apologies, not exactly reading through every single post on the forum right now. But, I guess the fact that the same idea came out two times, without the second person realizing it before it was pointed out, kind of makes it seem that much more inevitable.

...And, a lot more likely than King/Joel apologizing to Pete for basically giving up on a game that's supposedly not that more inevitable.

Would probably try to do a more meta discussion thread on the overall series, especially the U&U related arcs, if I thought anyone would actually read and/or comment on it...
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It's the post at the top of the page, Zach. But your point's still valid, my 'pologies.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

An arc where an obsessed corgi fan kidnaps King.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The Queen Mum !!?? Yikes! Man, Brexit's just made everything crazy...
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

The wolf cubs going to a human middle school. Although that would probably be more of a spinoff series than an actual arc. A school where humans and animals from all walks of life come together
Since we haven't seen a ghost in a long time we should have the pets investigate a haunted house or building again.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Douglas Collier

An arc where King and Craig meet.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:The wolf cubs going to a human middle school. Although that would probably be more of a spinoff series than an actual arc. A school where humans and animals from all walks of life come together
Since we haven't seen a ghost in a long time we should have the pets investigate a haunted house or building again.
Well, one school off if I remember them saying it was high school. Think it be nice if we find out if Pueblo is going to elementary sometime soon. Anyway, think a halloween arc just showing what that lizard demon has been up to since he came to earth, also an arc focusing on any of the wolves’ (and even if it will be awhile till it happens, the almost certainty of every other pet getting a career because it just gives Rick more story options amongst other things) jobs would be nice, though I especially want Poncho. Don’t mind if the female wolf never shows up again so long as I can see some of the zoo animals as semi regulars
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

The whole cosmic chess- I mean cosmic D&D thing, there is something that was left alone, the spirit dragon's temple, wait it was Pete's temple they broke into in temple crashers 1 & 2
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Duchess decides she wants to become a television glamour hostess and hires the two people she vaguely know have some experience in television staging and management - Tiger and Chauncy.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Tiger and Duchess together to try to make it into television. That is gonna be very hilarious.

I can't remember who Chauncey is though.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'm sorry, Chauncy is the little mechanical penguin that drives Tiger into apoplexy ... Oh ... right ... EVERYTHING drives Tiger into apoplexy.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I don't think that we will get much out of Tiger and Duchess if Tiger drops dead of a stroke.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Could be kinda dark, I guess......

Trying to escape mom's feral cuisine, Craig and Daig try to involve Cory, Truc, and Falstaff in a scheme to get to town for pizza. In so doing, they keep getting into trouble trying to use the Celestial powers they no longer possess.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That could be really funny and I would think there would be a lot of comedy there.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Might also be fun, too, for a couple of the gals to partner for short story or even adventure.

Grape and Sabrina come to mind, obviously, since they tried to play that gender-masquerading stunt on Prince Jata. There's more mileage there and, since there's an apparent ave difference (Sabrina being older than Grape and sensitive enough to get uncharacteristically menacing when Grape brought up the subject). Sabrina and Tarot could be fun, too, for an extended visit - although stepping away from the pretidigitation wouldn't be bad.

If you wanted to get a little creative and crazy (plus a pinch of tension), how about Grape and Tarot? Or pairing up Sasha with Grape, Tarot, or Sabrina? Could be just nuts, but still ...... it'ud be different!

Did I mention Sasha and Daisy? Oh ... Yeah .... Several times. Well, again, Sasha and Daisy, BFF and real possibilities!

Elements of conflict? Well, a stretch but maybe Lana vs Duchess.

Now, a little wilder ... seriously wilder ... pairing a feral with a domestic.

Jessica and Grape share a certain cynical and somewhat hedonistic set of predispositions that might make for mutual chemistry. Other female pairings with our possum don't seem quite so obvious, though.

...and we have two mothers in the domestic-feral category - Bailey and the raccoon, Ink. Both have little ones which might serve to bring them together over some common interest revolving around their little ones. The pup wander off into the woods, Ink finds them and wants to get them home but she's afraid of Bailey and King who are, of course, going screaming yellow bonkers. Or Tum gets captured and Ink implores help from Bailey, mother to mother. Another possibility might be Tum and the puppies discovering each other, but that's kinda outside our "gal-gal pal around" theme, isn't it?

Or not ................. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If there were to be any feral/domestic children stories, I would want it to be Craig and Draig meeting up with Ace, Rook and Olive. That way Craig and Draig can be petrified of King figuring it out thinking he would want revenge and when he does figure it out, he would just taunt them over their fate. LOL
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

It still bothers me
Hawkfang42 wrote: the spirit dragon's temple

Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"sommmmmewherrre out therrrre…" Okay, sorry, now I'm channeling Feivel the Mouse. Still, Hawk, Rick's loose threads have a way of looping long back into a future story. Hmm, Sabrina's papa (Dr. D'Angelo) is an anthropologist/archeologist... Dragon's temple could be "discovered" eventually.

Or not. ;)
Douglas Collier

An arc where Tarot takes some mood enhancers and becomes optimistic and ADD like Peanut.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Shudder"......
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking if that happened, it would be a sign of the apocalypse.
Douglas Collier

I mean, she’d be acting just like she did when she was introduced, but less ditzy and mumbo-jumbo-y.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Douglas Collier wrote:An arc where Tarot takes some mood enhancers and becomes optimistic and ADD like Peanut.
and then it turns out to be a cover for peanut and tarot accidental switching bodies, because psychic shenanigans
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Douglas Collier

Ok, now that would be funny!
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

maybe, but it could lead to important life lessons about what it's like in each other's shoes...
or a massive gravity falls reference.
technically not mutually exclusive.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think it will make Peanut learn any sort of lesson to be honest because all his manic energy will overpower it.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

We’ve had time traveling, teleporting to different dimensions, and globetrotting. Honestly a bodyswapping arc might be fun, though Rick would need to consider who it be easy to tell the change with... Peanut should definitely swap with a cat though, Max might be good because if we assume not everyone gets swapped, it be interesting to see his cat lover trait in full force because... well whose gonna judge when your a cat?
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Gameb18oy wrote:We’ve had time traveling, teleporting to different dimensions, and globetrotting. Honestly a bodyswapping arc might be fun, though Rick would need to consider who it be easy to tell the change with... Peanut should definitely swap with a cat though, Max might be good because if we assume not everyone gets swapped, it be interesting to see his cat lover trait in full force because... well whose gonna judge when your a cat?
Oooo, that'd be a lot of fun.
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The switching of minds between Peanut and Tarot could be rather humorous. Picture this; we start with Grape asleep on the couch, Peanut and Tarot come up to her, and it's Tarot that yells her awake. :lol:
I think it'd be funnier if it was said that their voices didn't change. I get why it's done in fiction, but the vocal chords wouldn't switch with that. Only thing I've seen that did the "voice remains the same regardless of mind" is DragonBall Z Abridged.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

I guess the advantage to doing an arc like this in a webcomic as opposed to a TV show or movie is that you don't have any voice actors to begin with, so you wouldn't really need to worry about the whole "voices swap so the audience isn't confused" trope.
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Though that kind of would take away from the fun of having them switched bodies.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... worked for "Freaky Friday", as I recall. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Was there a book for it? I only know the movie.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Stormrun wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:We’ve had time traveling, teleporting to different dimensions, and globetrotting. Honestly a bodyswapping arc might be fun, though Rick would need to consider who it be easy to tell the change with... Peanut should definitely swap with a cat though, Max might be good because if we assume not everyone gets swapped, it be interesting to see his cat lover trait in full force because... well whose gonna judge when your a cat?
Oooo, that'd be a lot of fun.
Definitely fun. Also, Max and Peanut would be pretty easy to workout as they’re friends and and could be hanging out or one of their double dates, so arranging the switching would be fairly easy. It would be confusing for Grape, but that would be part of the comedy.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So they would know that they are swapped or they wouldn't?
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

How about an arc about Rex and Bigglesworth? I wanna know when they started dating. (if they are dating)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And how does he tell them all apart? XD
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Saturn381 wrote:How about an arc about Rex and Bigglesworth? I wanna know when they started dating. (if they are dating)
I mentioned this a little bit ago but we do need a story about one of the Bigglesworths' and the search for their own identity. Rex can play a part in that so two birds. A dramatic telling of a lost soul searching for their own place and purpose away from a sea of identical faces and names. And low does come the shining hero to help find that which they seek the most.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would actually be a very wonderful arc and it might be a good love story also. :3