Future Arcs

Discuss the comic here
trekkie

Re: Future Arcs

Post by trekkie »

At Res’s invitation, Maxwell, Grape, Peanut, and Tarot travel up to Canada to visit him . (I know Tarot isn’t so far as we know a Pridelands fan, but she may’ve gotten interested via Peanut)
Last edited by trekkie on Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Or she wants to go so that she can see if she can get interested into something that Peanut is so they can get closer.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Thank you, Dayzee, I was thinking that but didn’t know how to say it exactly.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Glad that I found a way for you to express it. Always here to help. :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Glad that I found a way for you to express it. Always here to help. :)
And you are very good at helping. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm also very good at throwing pies. XD
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

Upon receiving her giant sandwich from Lois, Jessica travels to the Milton mansion and knocks on the door with that serious of inquires..."Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"

Duke confirms "Ah but of course"...then asks why they are talking like they are in a 1990s commercial.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

The wolf cubs enter a video game tournament.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Grape, Max, Tarot and Peanut attempt to show Bino that he should expect better treatment from Duchess. Bino doesn’t get what they’re saying.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeltsin, hoping to challenge Bino for rule over the Good Ol' Dogs Club, tries to get Daryl, Other Daryl, and Four-Fingers Jack admitted as members. Jack, however, has electoral plans of his own.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Because status quo tends to be God when it comes to minor things and Yeltsin is HORRIBLE at leading a revolt, somehow they all fail and Bino still is the leader.

...Only for Duchess to come in and remind Bino that nobody respects him and nobody ever will because people secretly hate him and he is a loser.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Because status quo tends to be God when it comes to minor things and Yeltsin is HORRIBLE at leading a revolt, somehow they all fail and Bino still is the leader.

...Only for Duchess to come in and remind Bino that nobody respects him and nobody ever will because people secretly hate him and he is a loser.
… A fitting conclusion and a lesson for us all. Well, it's a lesson for Bino actually, but he's too obtuse to catch it. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think that is actually gonna be Bino's fate. I said it because of how cruel Duchess is and how she likes to beat Bino down. I don't actually think that he will always be a loser and everybody will always hate him. I'm sure that if he changes his attitude he can turn it around. ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I hope you’re right, Dayzee, Bino may not be my favorite character but no one deserves the abuse Duchess heaps out, and it would be nice to see some character development for Bino.

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

One idea I'd like to see is an arc where we finally see Sasha free of her owner but also her attempts to rejoin society except her years of abuse actually cut deeper then everyone in Babylon Gardens thought. I mean, do we REALLY know the extent of his abuse?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not really when you think about it but I don't think Rick would go there and make it physical and it would be more mental abuse with the shouting and the drunkenness. Does Sashs even know that Mr. Hartford only adopted her so he could talk to women and get a girlfriend?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Not really when you think about it but I don't think Rick would go there and make it physical and it would be more mental abuse with the shouting and the drunkenness. Does Sashs even know that Mr. Hartford only adopted her so he could talk to women and get a girlfriend?
For that matter, what was her mental state before she was adopted? The whole background of Sasha is just too mysterious.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't mind seeing that as a future arc because it would be very interesting.

Hopefully in Sasha's future she doesn't become as dark and violet as YOU made her. :lol:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing that as a future arc because it would be very interesting.

Hopefully in Sasha's future she doesn't become as dark and violet as YOU made her. :lol:
Oh goodness I hope not :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Not really when you think about it but I don't think Rick would go there and make it physical and it would be more mental abuse with the shouting and the drunkenness. Does Sashs even know that Mr. Hartford only adopted her so he could talk to women and get a girlfriend?
For that matter, what was her mental state before she was adopted? The whole background of Sasha is just too mysterious.
Yeah, I'd really hoped to see more explorations of Sasha's formative experiences which was why her attachment to Kevin disappointed me as a sort of narrative short circuit and a bit of a cliché. I think she's deeper than that even though, originally, her comic function was pretty traditional. I also thought the hints of friendship between her and Daisy were intriguing and opened some new possibilities for both characters. Oh, well, didn't happen. But, hey, it's Rick's world - who knows where later arcs might take her? :| ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm hoping that it takes her to a mutual breakup with Kevin and she gets together with Fox officially.

FOXSHA FOREVER!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm hoping that it takes her to a mutual breakup with Kevin and she gets together with Fox officially.

FOXSHA FOREVER!
Before Kevin showed that he was helping Sasha, I might have agreed. I think they match up better.

I wonder if Daisy might be a better match for Fox. She is clearly smarter than we've been led to believe.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm hoping that it takes her to a mutual breakup with Kevin and she gets together with Fox officially.

FOXSHA FOREVER!
Before Kevin showed that he was helping Sasha, I might have agreed. I think they match up better.

I wonder if Daisy might be a better match for Fox. She is clearly smarter than we've been led to believe.
I think a Fox-Daisy match-up has interesting humor and romantic possibilities - that's an arc I'd like to see.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Or we could keep Fox single and the OC I had planned for Kevin can go to him. XD
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Or we could keep Fox single and the OC I had planned for Kevin can go to him. XD
I'm not sure why this didn't come up as a possible future arc: Spring and Summer decide to incarnate to be with Fox. I'm not sure Fox would be able to take that much good luck. 8-)
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Or they reincarnate into two separate beings and fight over him. I'm sure that Fox would would just be enveloped with embarrassment if they started doing that especially in public. 8-)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Or they reincarnate into two separate beings and fight over him. I'm sure that Fox would would just be enveloped with embarrassment if they started doing that especially in public. 8-)
I thought they were two separate beings... did I miss something?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

… still waiting for angels Autumn and Winter to appear.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:… still waiting for angels Autumn and Winter to appear.
That could be a future arc that will never happen. Fox meets two huskies who he feels a real connection to, then discovers they are Autumn and Winter, two younger sisters of the huskies he met in heaven.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But would they be angels or would they be regular mortals or angels that chose to be mortal?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

dr_eirik wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:… still waiting for angels Autumn and Winter to appear.
That could be a future arc that will never happen. Fox meets two huskies who he feels a real connection to, then discovers they are Autumn and Winter, two younger sisters of the huskies he met in heaven.
or they could be older siblings. I'd imagine Autumn's pretty cool while winter can be kinda harsh. :mrgreen:

you're not the first to have this idea.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Buster wrote: :mrgreen:

You sure that you didn't go back in time to steal my idea? 8-)

Yeah, it is pretty obvious. It would be interesting to see any of them incarnate, if just to see if their colors are a heavenly affectation or if they actually were the color of various sherbets.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well we have Grape is a periwinkle color so we know that it is possible.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:
Buster wrote: :mrgreen:

You sure that you didn't go back in time to steal my idea? 8-)

Yeah, it is pretty obvious. It would be interesting to see any of them incarnate, if just to see if their colors are a heavenly affectation or if they actually were the color of various sherbets.
Maybe the idea" is cyclical … like the seasons. ;)
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

CunningFox wrote:The wolf cubs enter a video game tournament.

That'd be a fun idea for an arc. There could be a twist where King has become secretly obsessed with a game on his computer and he ends up becoming Deevee's rival.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

King would then work to keep his identity a secret because he knows that the cubs could overpower him if they want to. :mrgreen:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It is high time the cubs get there own chapter. Brainstorm, Marion helps give them the “full” high school experience. I mean he’s a senior and they have to be freshmen so it’s perfect. They can do normal high school things like solve murders, get cheated on, sing sounds, inspire a generation of students to stand up for themselves, and my high experience is limited to what I see on TV. At the very least I want to see them have human friends and hang out.
Sir Chestnut wrote:
CunningFox wrote:The wolf cubs enter a video game tournament.
That'd be a fun idea for an arc. There could be a twist where King has become secretly obsessed with a game on his computer and he ends up becoming Deevee's rival.
Okay, that sounds awesome.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah well I kind of want to see the first idea and figure out where in the HECK you went to school. :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Peanut tries to learn how to play a musical instrument.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:Peanut tries to learn how to play a musical instrument.
Going to Fiddler and Keys for lessons?