Future Arcs

Discuss the comic here
trekkie

Re: Future Arcs

Post by trekkie »

A streetwise hustler would be an interesting addition to BG, I wonder if Bino would try and recruit him/her for the Good Old Dogs club or feel threatened by the newcomer and try to assert his position, with the usual results.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Come to think of it, I really would like to see a showdown between Bino and Cori to discover once and for all who is the most pathetic. :lol:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Max and Bino arc. Two of them have to prove who is the big cheese in the family by showing off who is the best boyfriend or signing up for something - possibly the K-9 training course - only to both fail at it.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Bino and Duchess organize a couples Easter Egg Hunt for the Good Old Dog Club, and decide cheat by obtaining a map of where the eggs are hidden. They, of course, lose when they figure they can take their time, and Tarot and Peanut (cheered on by Maxwell and Grape) collect the most eggs to win.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Seeing todays comic strip, how about an arc in which Ralph tries to calm down and relax. He is forced to go on holiday, wants to calm down but doesn't know how. So he gets help somehow from Sasha, Peanut, Joey and hhhmm..let's say Max.
Funny stuff happens and he ends up even more stressed than before :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think Ralph is relaxed in his own way. I know that doing something to take you mind off everything but having to follow specific rules relaxes me.

Then again, I'm the forum dunce so pay no mind to me.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Peanut & Max collaborate on a birthday present for Grape. Grape tries to spy on them but is comically prevented from doing so every time she tries.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You mean that Peanut and Max know that she is trying to spy but find ways to stop without making it obvious that they know she is spying? =3
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Yes, either that or circumstances(she falls or Mr. or Mrs. Sandwich walk by and say hi) keep her from seeing what they are up to.

Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Grape was a shelter kitten, so does anyone actually know her birthday? I suppose they could celebrate her adoption day or something.
The cape comes with the promotion.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good point. I think she had a family that abandoned her, though, so her birthday might be known, if however her birthday is unknown, than her adoption day would certainly be a good substitute.
Last edited by trekkie on Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that when it comes to shelter pets, the birthday is usually unknown but even if it was, I'm sure the Sandwiches would use the day she was adopted because knowing Peanut, he would probably insist on two separate parties. LOL
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Watching her sons' working in pizza delivery, Lucretia wolf decides to start a pizza business. She persuades Rex to help with the baking, Marvin with the accounting, and Yeltsin with the publicity. It goes badly.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think it would go badly if the pets you mentioned WEREN'T put in their positions. ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Duchess and Bino enter a dog show against Colleen and Karo; the two couples spend so much time battling and sabotaging each other, that Tarot and Peanut win the grand prize.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would show both couples that they need to stop being idiots and try to get better personalities. XD
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I don’t know if either couple would get it, though, they’re kind of thick and/or arrogant.

An arc telling of Peanut’s days in the Good Old Dogs Club.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that is true but maybe losing to commoners would humble them.

:mrgreen:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Another possibility is Rick will tease Max and Bino joining the K-9... only to reveal that Bino has been forever banned from it along with any relatives (Sorry, Max :( )

... Thus, Bino comes up with a new plan: Firefighters. Mwahaha :D

Max: AHHHHHHHHHHHHH~
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would be unfair to ban any relatives Bino has from the K-9 Unit as well as himself. Unless he did something CATASTROPHICALLY bad then I could see him being banned but not anybody else.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, Bino did try to join the force early on and didn't make it. I don't think he's been "banned", though.

I've been reading about the idea on the Comics threads, but the idea of having a pet Fire department appeals to me. I realize, unlike the police, firefighting does not have much of a record as a motif for humor. But maybe that's it's appeal to me. It could also serve as a venue, like GameCobra suggested, for Bino's latest project in self-glorification. Or a wolf pack employment gambit or Keene animal-equality project. Maybe some of the old hands - Rex, Marvin, Yeltsin, Itzuki, Griswold, and so on - could get some spotlight. Fires are pretty serious business, but a training session has a lot of comic possibilities or maybe a false alarm where everyone winds up soaked and foaming. How about the home of the Hermit getting a spray down?

'Course, fire engines are tricky to draw, but it's a thought.....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that seeing the training session for a fire department full of animals can be hilariopus as long as the whole thing ends disastrously. XD
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

A mini-arc focused on Bino, Duchess, and the GoDC. As the strips longest running "villians" (well, antagonists anyway) it would be interesting to see what they've been up to all this time.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:Another possibility is Rick will tease Max and Bino joining the K-9... only to reveal that Bino has been forever banned from it along with any relatives (Sorry, Max :( )

... um, that would likely be a confusing twist considering everyone knows about Bino being Fido’s Biological brother. The F-line division is still a fan idea either way, so while a lot of us would be happy to see that arc, it’s unlikely already, so it just be cruel if Rick pretty much directly said that it wasn’t happening
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gameb18oy wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Another possibility is Rick will tease Max and Bino joining the K-9... only to reveal that Bino has been forever banned from it along with any relatives (Sorry, Max :( )

... um, that would likely be a confusing twist considering everyone knows about Bino being Fido’s Biological brother. The F-line division is still a fan idea either way, so while a lot of us would be happy to see that arc, it’s unlikely already, so it just be cruel if Rick pretty much directly said that it wasn’t happening
Oh, they wouldn't dare say anything like that to Fido, cream of the crop. x3
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

hasn't he been suspended from duty a few times though?
not sure that term still applies. or if it ever did.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Buster wrote:hasn't he been suspended from duty a few times though?
Actually, you have a point. I forgot about the Sabrina fiasco.

Still, I would bet they would have some sort of reason not to let Bino into the K-9.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe he flunks out again? I can't see them just outright banning him.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:
Buster wrote:hasn't he been suspended from duty a few times though?
Actually, you have a point. I forgot about the Sabrina fiasco.

Still, I would bet they would have some sort of reason not to let Bino into the K-9.
His personality kinda gives the hints as why: he’s lazy, prone to abusing any position of power, is a gloryhound, doesn’t really work well with a group, and I doubt his lack of confidence is a strength on the job.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Still I don't think they can outright ban him unless he has some sort of major record.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Basically cataloguing an idea from Twitter so it’s not forgotten. Also forgive me giving this idea too much thought. The basic idea is housepets is short term turned into a Sherlock Holmes story, the reason as for why would be the Milton’s are throwing a “whoodunit”/masquerade themed party (which most likely would start off fake, and turn into a real crime like a kidnapping or something overtime). The K9 arc investigating the attempt to end Keene’s life kinda gives off signs Rick probably would be good at figuring out how to write a decent mystery in comic format, and it give us predicting types something to really sink our teeth into. Don’t know if anyone else agrees this be a fun one, I’m a kinda big Sherlock Holmes fan so my mind immediately started racing when the idea surfaced
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Uncle Reuben needs financial help to save the farm. Peanut, Grape, Maxwell, and Tarot arrange a benefit show of some sort to help out.

fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:Basically cataloguing an idea from Twitter so it’s not forgotten. Also forgive me giving this idea too much thought. The basic idea is housepets is short term turned into a Sherlock Holmes story, the reason as for why would be the Milton’s are throwing a “whoodunit”/masquerade themed party (which most likely would start off fake, and turn into a real crime like a kidnapping or something overtime). The K9 arc investigating the attempt to end Keene’s life kinda gives off signs Rick probably would be good at figuring out how to write a decent mystery in comic format, and it give us predicting types something to really sink our teeth into. Don’t know if anyone else agrees this be a fun one, I’m a kinda big Sherlock Holmes fan so my mind immediately started racing when the idea surfaced
If Rick did do something like that it would most likely be one of those situations where Keene was never in any real danger like if his life was being threatened it would a series of unconnected events that gave the illusion of murder while on the other side if he was “kidnapped” then it would be something like he was in a secret room watching the entire thing on a series of monitors. But if you wanted a real twist then Jeeves could have actually have been trying to kill Keene or even better Mr. Steward makes his return. Jeeves and Steward were in cahoots with each other. Either way it could be fun to have pets exploring the manor and gawking at the ferrets stuff.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Basically cataloguing an idea from Twitter so it’s not forgotten. Also forgive me giving this idea too much thought. The basic idea is housepets is short term turned into a Sherlock Holmes story, the reason as for why would be the Milton’s are throwing a “whoodunit”/masquerade themed party (which most likely would start off fake, and turn into a real crime like a kidnapping or something overtime). The K9 arc investigating the attempt to end Keene’s life kinda gives off signs Rick probably would be good at figuring out how to write a decent mystery in comic format, and it give us predicting types something to really sink our teeth into. Don’t know if anyone else agrees this be a fun one, I’m a kinda big Sherlock Holmes fan so my mind immediately started racing when the idea surfaced
If Rick did do something like that it would most likely be one of those situations where Keene was never in any real danger like if his life was being threatened it would a series of unconnected events that gave the illusion of murder while on the other side if he was “kidnapped” then it would be something like he was in a secret room watching the entire thing on a series of monitors. But if you wanted a real twist then Jeeves could have actually have been trying to kill Keene or even better Mr. Steward makes his return. Jeeves and Steward were in cahoots with each other. Either way it could be fun to have pets exploring the manor and gawking at the ferrets stuff.
The kidnapping idea becomes a little more legitimate if you consider the idea of connecting it to the cursed coin stuff, though I’d personally prefer they stick to the scripted mystery, that way Rick isn’t having to reveal to us what’s happening behind the scenes.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Though if you just wanted an arc where the pets gawk at the ferret's stuff, that can be done without the mystery as the party at the mansion doesn't necessarily have to be a whodunnit mystery in order to get the pets there.

I understand you want a mystery arc, but if somebody just wanted an arc to thing of all the needless and unneeded stuff they all have, you wouldn't need that type of party. :P
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Though if you just wanted an arc where the pets gawk at the ferret's stuff, that can be done without the mystery as the party at the mansion doesn't necessarily have to be a whodunnit mystery in order to get the pets there.

I understand you want a mystery arc, but if somebody just wanted an arc to thing of all the needless and unneeded stuff they all have, you wouldn't need that type of party. :P
... Dayzee, I never even suggested the gawking stuff, that was Fen’s contribution. The pets have been in the place multiple times so it’s not gonna be focused on that hard by them anyway in my mind. You didn’t seem to say anything to me about the idea of a mystery arc being bad so I’m honestly kinda confused why your quoted me and not Fen if you felt that element wasn’t needed
Last edited by Gameb18oy on Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

She's not Buster.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

D-Rock wrote:She's not Buster.
Edited, sorry about that Dayzee, I kinda wrote that a little late and mixed up some icons in my head
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Though if you just wanted an arc where the pets gawk at the ferret's stuff, that can be done without the mystery as the party at the mansion doesn't necessarily have to be a whodunnit mystery in order to get the pets there.

... Dayzee, I never even suggested the gawking stuff, that was Fen’s contribution. The pets have been in the place multiple times so it’s not gonna be focused on that hard by them anyway in my mind.
Most of them have only been in the mansion once (as far as we've seen). Sabrina and King have gone multiple times but I think that's it. The wolves and Kari don't count.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:

... Dayzee, I never even suggested the gawking stuff, that was Fen’s contribution. The pets have been in the place multiple times so it’s not gonna be focused on that hard by them anyway in my mind.
Most of them have only been in the mansion once (as far as we've seen). Sabrina and King have gone multiple times but I think that's it. The wolves and Kari don't count.
You cant say the guys working security don’t count. They are the ones that will stop the gawking