Future Arcs

Discuss the comic here
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Future Arcs

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was kind of hoping for an arc where we would see Fox in training for the K-9 Unit, but I guess that isn't happening.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*still waits for the day Max joins the K-9 unit*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think there is a reason why it is called K-9 and not Feline though. :?
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

An arc where Peanut and Grape swap bodies.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Roboplayer52

Post by Roboplayer52 »

How about an arc where it turns out that two of Bailey's future puppies are actually Pete and Spirit Dragon serving their 'locked in mortal bodies sentence? Kitsune and Cerb could probably make an appearance from time to time just to check in, and to deal with Pete's temple and subsequent uncontrolled gargoyles and other monsters (Anyone remember the gruu? Seriously, where did it go? It's been missing since the Temple Crashers incident) that are probably still out there. Kitsune could probably even create his own Temple Crashers run or something, seeing as how he really doesn't have anything else to do until Pete and SD finish their sentence and resume their other game.

Any thoughts?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Hello, Roboplayer! :D
We've discussed this one at length, and many are strongly opposed because they feel it would be unfair to King and Bailey to put them through that. ;)
The temple and mana still do feel like they need a bit of conclusion, so it's likely Rick will get around to it at some point. But what's this about Kitsune having nothing to do? There are two other unaccounted for Celestials with whom Kitsune already has played U&U with (in other universes) at the very least (assuming Pete is referring to Dragon, Kitsune and two others). Not to mention he's got plenty of other options for entertainment in the celestial planes. He'll be fine ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think that this one will go away.
Douglas Collier

An arc where Spo and Squeak sign up for lab trials.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Roboplayer52

Post by Roboplayer52 »

Obbl wrote:Hello, Roboplayer! :D
We've discussed this one at length, and many are strongly opposed because they feel it would be unfair to King and Bailey to put them through that. ;)
The temple and mana still do feel like they need a bit of conclusion, so it's likely Rick will get around to it at some point. But what's this about Kitsune having nothing to do? There are two other unaccounted for Celestials with whom Kitsune already has played U&U with (in other universes) at the very least (assuming Pete is referring to Dragon, Kitsune and two others). Not to mention he's got plenty of other options for entertainment in the celestial planes. He'll be fine ;)
Just a one-time supplement in order to further explain some ideas so everyone can get a better idea of what I'm thinking of, and possibly introduce points of view not previously considered.

I did consider how it might affect King and Bailey in the future, considering what the game has done to both of them. Under most other circumstances, I would agree that it would be unfair to put them through something like that. They have already been through a lot, far more than most. By that token, however, it means that they also gained a lot of life experience, and have grown from it. That would make them some of best teachers for those like Pete and SD who really need it. The other reason for potentially utilizing King and Bailey is because they would also make a more convenient reentry point for getting Pete and SD back into the story. Plus I think everyone would get a kick out of a full blown family snowball fight against The Wolf family. And Pete getting buried in the back yard by Miles' cubs. And having Peanut for a puppysitter. Who would use the Fetch a Snowball trick that Earl taught him. The possibilities are endless.

As far as Kitsune goes, yes he has other players and maybe other games to attend to, but when you think about it, anything that would normally involve the current game is going to be put on hold for at least 60 years, which, come to think of it, has been on hold for a lot longer due to the duel between Pete and SD. Playing a U&U game with only half a party can get pretty messy, not to mention boring. I can't even begin to figure out the power transfer bit that would allow a player's avatar to be fueled by another player or the GM. I don't really know much about the Celestial planes that he might spend some time in, doing whatever a demigod GM does in his free time. Planning future U&U campaigns and drinking Angel's Delight Milkshakes (tastes so good, you'll think you're in heaven) which he will need for his headache after trying to plan U&U campaigns. Besides, Kitsune himself admits that he like to play in the universes because he likes the inhabitants that live there, as long as nobody gets hurt on his account. I'm not saying he has to be there all the time, but just stop in on occasion, like when dealing with the temple, if only to do the hat trick so adventurers can go in and clean it out or something. Figure out where the gruu went.
Thanks for listening and for the feedback.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

How about a Five Nights at Freddy's arc?
Douglas Collier

Saturn381 wrote:How about a Five Nights at Freddy's arc?
^ This. Can we have this for Halloween Rick? =3
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Saturn381 wrote:How about a Five Nights at Kari's arc?
Fixed it for you.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

How about an arc with Just Peanut, Grape, and King?
RemonyRavine

Post by RemonyRavine »

Saturn381 wrote:How about an arc with Just Peanut, Grape, and King?
That's an interesting combination of characters; I always did wonder how a day would go with King hanging out with those two...it feels like a missed opportunity between major characters.

Actually, for some reason, I always imagined King to be like the whacky, grumpy uncle to adorably naive lil' Peanut. In fact, did Peanut ever actually figure out what "Mr. Dogsmell" used to be...I'd imagine Tarot told him. Or maybe he just doesn't care, I dunno. But yeah, that could be a fun arc.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He probably did and if they do have a scene together, he'll probably make a passing reference to it.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I would love an arc centered around Max and the other cats. I just feel like an arc with the neighborhood cats minus Grape could lead to a lot of fun in the end. I also think that the dogs and Grape and Sabrina have been explored a lot, but not this other section. I'd love to see how all of the cats get along and the relationships between them. Maybe something like Max walking around to collect donations for the yarn ball or gathering them all to meet for an upcoming prank war with the dogs or something.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'd like that too cause it would give us a glimpse at Marvin without Tiger
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

definitely an interesting concept. and more screen time for keys is a plus.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I, for one, would love to see more arcs about cats. :3
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

copper wrote:I would love an arc centered around Max and the other cats. I just feel like an arc with the neighborhood cats minus Grape could lead to a lot of fun in the end. I also think that the dogs and Grape and Sabrina have been explored a lot, but not this other section. I'd love to see how all of the cats get along and the relationships between them. Maybe something like Max walking around to collect donations for the yarn ball or gathering them all to meet for an upcoming prank war with the dogs or something.

I want an arc like this SO MUCH.
Sartharina

Post by Sartharina »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I'd like that too cause it would give us a glimpse at Marvin without Tiger
I think Tiger will be around too. He gets along better with cats than he does with dogs.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

He might, but an arc specifically about the cats of the neighbourhood would be nice. X3

I always envisioned cats as better gossip than dogs, but the dogs just had better plans.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Considering that we had a pie war (and I didn't get my favorites hot in the face...), I think we should hold off on a prank war for now.

I wanna see the new buff wolf cubs.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

How about a camping arc?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As long as the wolf cubs are in it, I think I'll be game.
JonnyNova

Post by JonnyNova »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:As long as the wolf cubs are in it, I think I'll be game.
Considering we're talking about wolves here, I would rethink your word choice :P
*purrs loudly*

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that's true. Though it would be cool if they meet some relatives out there. :3
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Ugh, i cannot unthink it now, but a follow-up on the Yarn Ball arc, the Yarn Prom. And everyone is invited :3

I want to go with copper's suggestion first though, because I would like to see a solo arc about cats for once as well, but a Yarn Prom would be a neat seal on the cat-related events going on :3
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Anything that has more Marvin in it possibly I'm done with! :D
Douglas Collier

Another Housepets! babies arc.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As long as it shows us how Max got his ear bitten off, I'm game!
Douglas Collier

A K-9 COPS episode.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

With them dressed in their halloween costumes!
Douglas Collier

A Sandwich family vacation.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

To visit Rufus again! Rick drew him in the new style for a reason.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

We never had an arc for Max and Marvin together sine Arc 36 (Scaredy Cats)

But we need to prioritize Rufus.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Speaking of cats and characters that haven't been here in a long time, I'd love to see Res pop up again. >_>
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't mind seeing Res again but I hope Grape has got over her crush on him. Buff guys I understand her squeeing over, but Res I'm not sure about.

Unless Max squees over him also.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I've actually been wondering about what her relationship with Res is considered. She's still with Max, and Res does know that she's already seeing Max, and he doesn't seem to be one to make advances on someone taken. It seems to be completely platonic. Grape seems to be the first friend that Res had, someone he could be open with, and in a way, the same is true with Grape.

See, with Grape and Max (note, how I'm seeing it, could very easily be wrong), I see that it's a case of Max being able to be vulnerable to Grape, and she responds by giving him confidence in who he is, not needing to show off just for her.

Grape and Res, going with the Housepets Babies arc, Grape finally had someone else to be vulnerable to, able to confide in him.

I guess it's a bit of "who's comforting the comforter?"
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Unless Max squees over him also.
well, if he knows who he really is I'd guess he would squee.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets