Macsen

Re: Future Arcs

Post by Macsen »

Marvin. Needs a second cat. :P
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Douglas Collier wrote:Tiger, Marvin, Zach, Kevin... Take your pick. :P
I kinda thought it'd be King (Fox could show up as an optional 5th choice).
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I vote for Joey, he needs more screen, and he could be the "kid" of the team.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Kevin should totally be the fourth player. And then they all have a pie fight with Kevin getting a pie to the face. xD
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

The guys have a game night. The girls have a tea party(in which they share embarrassing secrets about their lovers.)
Sounds delightfull. :)
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Shadowstar23 wrote:The guys have a game night. The girls have a tea party(in which they share embarrassing secrets about their lovers.)
Okay, dude game night consists of Peanut, Fido, Max, and King. Then girl tea party consists of Tarot, Sabrina, Grape, and Bailey. Perfect, :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorry but I cannot imagine any of the females of Babylon Garden's besides Sasha and Daisy having tea parties.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

....It's a joke....
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

SuperStar wrote:
Shadowstar23 wrote:The guys have a game night. The girls have a tea party(in which they share embarrassing secrets about their lovers.)
Okay, dude game night consists of Peanut, Fido, Max, and King. Then girl tea party consists of Tarot, Sabrina, Grape, and Bailey. Perfect, :D
Add Fox and Sasha and you've got a SOLID line-up. 8-)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:
SuperStar wrote:
Add Fox and Sasha and you've got a SOLID line-up. 8-)
Oh, Yeah!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

SuperStar wrote:....It's a joke....
Sorry, but it is kind of hard to tell a joke over the internet without smilies next to it.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:
Sorry, but it is kind of hard to tell a joke over the internet without smilies next to it.
It's not a very good joke, then. Comes across as pretty sexist, frankly.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Seems you called down the thunder, SuperStar... :?
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Dissension wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:
It's not a very good joke, then. Comes across as pretty sexist, frankly.
Are we really going there?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Guys and girls tend to gossip and want to keep it strictly in one gender to avoid what they think maybe trouble. I personally think it's bad to begin with, but that's not to say tradition taught us that gossiping between boys and girls has always been a thing. I think one of the good things in a growing relationship is realizing when you are a gossiper and stop gossiping, but that's the problem: some gossip just becomes too much.

I personally think a gossip arc would be interesting, but at the same time I worry it could invite something that we might regret.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

If I may make a re-suggestion, why not have the aforementioned guys do girl stuff, and the aforementioned Girls do guy stuff, even if it's for one night (or, like in my original pitch, the weekend)? ;)
RemonyRavine

Post by RemonyRavine »

GameCobra wrote:Guys and girls tend to gossip and want to keep it strictly in one gender to avoid what they think maybe trouble. I personally think it's bad to begin with, but that's not to say tradition taught us that gossiping between boys and girls has always been a thing. I think one of the good things in a growing relationship is realizing when you are a gossiper and stop gossiping, but that's the problem: some gossip just becomes too much.

I personally think a gossip arc would be interesting, but at the same time I worry it could invite something that we might regret.
That'd be a really risky script to write. There'd have to be a lot of subtlety or something, or else the audiance will just go ballistic...though that'd probably just happen as a whole with a story arc like that regardless.

Still an interesting idea. It would just have to hit all the right notes to work. It's definitely been done before on TV shows with comedic effect pretty much all the way through! Maybe just make it a sub-plot to another arc just to be safe.

On the other hand, in the Housepets universe, the girls don't really seem to care that much about the fact they are indeed female, besides the obvious points such as relationships (and...pretty much everything else that's Sasha). Which makes sense because they are all in fact animals.
MrBlueSky7 wrote:If I may make a re-suggestion, why not have the aforementioned guys do girl stuff, and the aforementioned Girls do guy stuff, even if it's for one night (or, like in my original pitch, the weekend)? ;)
Eeeeehhh...? *shrugs, waving arms around with uncertainty*
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:If I may make a re-suggestion, why not have the aforementioned guys do girl stuff, and the aforementioned Girls do guy stuff, even if it's for one night (or, like in my original pitch, the weekend)? ;)
Actually, that would be a neat idea, assuming the pets have no qualms about it. And what would convince them to do something like that in the first place? =P
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

GameCobra wrote:
Actually, that would be a neat idea, assuming the pets have no qualms about it. And what would convince them to do something like that in the first place? =P
Maybe a Valentine's Day Dare. (Not trying to be sexist. Just trying to make a intriguing comment.)
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

GameCobra wrote:
Well, I have been toying around with some reasons why, from a bet gone wrong to a friendly social experiment from the Ferrets to just plain boredom out of what each group was originally doing, to name a few. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Instead of a tea party for the girls, I can imagine them going to the malls and looking through some stores since I know Grape did it before.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Instead of a tea party for the girls, I can imagine them going to the malls and looking through some stores since I know Grape did it before.
Yeah, I didn't necessarily mean just a tea-party, I just meant you know, girl things.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Tea parties? Phff. Maybe if we want to see Grape in a tea party. =P

Movies, dinner tables, clubs, date gossip, shop gossip, family gossip. Though Res already seemed to have gotten in on the family gossip with Peanut and Grape. =P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I could see all of the girls just getting together and having a cake party and just gossiping about their whole family lives with each other.
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
Well, I have been toying around with some reasons why, from a bet gone wrong to a friendly social experiment from the Ferrets to just plain boredom out of what each group was originally doing, to name a few. ;)
Scary, I had the same thoughts as I scrolled down this page, then it appeared in posts right before my very eyes! xD
They (the girls) could go on a game show hosted by the ferrets. After all, they really need to boost revenue due to the last arc. :P
It seems like it would be a funny arc to me, I don't see why the girls shouldnt do a wipeout style brawl while the guys try to knit or something. Rex bakes after all. They could have a bake off! Or some sort of neighborhood yard sale (memories ensue.)

The possibilities are endless.. :lol: ... :o
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I could see all of the girls just getting together and having a cake party and just gossiping about their whole family lives with each other.
That should happen if/when Bailey is pregnant. :3
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then we would have to wait for a while. Kingley need to enjoy each other as long as they can before bringing a puppy into the equation.
Promyx

Post by Promyx »

Maybe a more serious arc around Sasha and her owner. Bino could be the hero here :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then we would end up with a Bino/Duchess/Sasha/Kevin love triangle if that happened.

If Bino and Sasha get back together, that means that Kevin is free and Duchess can get with that buff lackey of hers. Everything works out!
Promyx

Post by Promyx »

Didn't you mean love square? :D

Yeah, i like Kevin, but the coupling seemed quite generic and not interesting for my taste. And i can't stand Duchess, or better yet, i don't give a *** bout her.

Bino could get some change in his attitude through this arc and become less of a *******. Then he could establish a stable relationship with Sasha.

Mod Edit: Don't evade the filter. Completely obliterate un-PG words with asterisks.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I also would like Sasha with Tiger because they both seem like they are unpredictable.
Promyx

Post by Promyx »

I think Daisy might be a better pick for Tiger. She didn't have a more prominent role in the comic whatsoever if i remember it right.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well whatever. just as long as she is away from my Kevin, it will be fine.
Jackston1410

Post by Jackston1410 »

Sleet wrote:
TinFoilHats wrote:...oh. Oh OH OH OH OH OH, Or how about a day in the lives of(get ready for this)...
THE FORUM MODS!!
*knocks TFH over the head*

I'm not sure we exist in the Housepets! universe.

Or do we? *looks at Rick inquisitively* :P
Well, we have to assume that what Tarot calls the "Gallifrax Protocol" is actually our universe.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I see a purple cat, I will be sure to bring her back to my house and give her lots of love and call her "Princess Periwinkle" to see what happens.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Jackston1410 wrote:
Sleet wrote:
TinFoilHats wrote:...oh. Oh OH OH OH OH OH, Or how about a day in the lives of(get ready for this)...
THE FORUM MODS!!
*knocks TFH over the head*

I'm not sure we exist in the Housepets! universe.

Or do we? *looks at Rick inquisitively* :P
Well, we have to assume that what Tarot calls the "Gallifrax Protocol" is actually our universe.
I think it's a bridge universe between our universe and the Housepets! Universe, or maybe an alternate dimension within the Housepets! Universe. After all, animals aren't allowed in movie theaters or arcades in our universe. ;) Trust me, I'm from both universes. :P

By the way, welcome to the forums, Jackston. :)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Perhaps an arc with in the micro scale, with the mice and such.
Or with the celestial beings adjusting after the last arc in a more slice of life fashion rather than uber-fantasy.
All your acorns are belong to us.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Say, how about a Christmas Carol theme for next years Holiday Arc?

Keene gets 'haunted' by three spirits on Christmas Eve, with the spirits being Cerberus (as the ghost of Christmas Past), Great Kitsune (as the ghost of Christmas Present), and Karishad (as the ghost of Christmas Future). Haven't really figured out what would make Keene so grumpy on said holiday (or if he actually does hate it).

(I kinda thought about switching Cerb's and Kari's positions, but I think where they stand now suits them well ;) )
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I like the idea, but I wouldn't use Keene. I would use either Bino or Tiger.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

But Scrooge was rich. Maybe Rock - he's pretty stingy with money.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.