Future Arcs

Discuss the comic here
Buster
Game Master

Future arcs you wish were a thing.

Post by Buster »

I still want to see a Romeo & Juliette themed arc (though maybe with fewer fatalities...) between the babylon wolves and the Zoo wolves.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Not A Furry

Re: Future arcs you wish were a thing.

Post by Not A Furry »

The hell arc, of course. And diss sitting on his throne down there Limbo like me
GameCobra

Re: Future arcs you wish were a thing.

Post by GameCobra »

Let's Imaginate: Titanic.

Oh, and of course another farm arc. With Tarot and Max in the mix :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Bandit1990

Re: Future Arcs

Post by Bandit1990 »

Maybe an arc focusing on the G.O.D.C.

I get the impression it's been in somewhat of a downward spiral since both Fido and Fox left. (I mean, there are still a large number of neighborhood dogs in attendance, but with just Bino and his cronies running things what is the club even doing?)

Also, has Bino secured the Chairdog position yet? The comic below states that Fox's vote is holding him back, so I guess it would depend on if Fox quit the club, or just stopped attending meetings.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Bandit1990 wrote:Maybe an arc focusing on the G.O.D.C.

I get the impression it's been in somewhat of a downward spiral since both Fido and Fox left. (I mean, there are still a large number of neighborhood dogs in attendance, but with just Bino and his cronies running things what is the club even doing?)

Also, has Bino secured the Chairdog position yet? The comic below states that Fox's vote is holding him back, so I guess it would depend on if Fox quit the club, or just stopped attending meetings.

Real Stories of the K9PD confirmed that yes Bino is chairdog.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

and failing miserably at the job.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

An arc about Bino being put on Prozac or the pet equivalent.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

you do know that giving psych meds to someone who doesn't need them, or needs a different kind, can and often will either do serious damage or temporarily make them even more unstable, right?

Bino is borderline compulsive and possibly conditioned to be codependent... Not chronically depressive or psychotic. Prozac would, at best, have no effect. You're thinking of Tiger.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Arcs I want to see:

-Mungo becoming a therapy buddy for Tiger. It could really help flesh out Tiger's character and open up a whole new side to him beyond his comic relief psychosis. At first, I see Tiger being annoyed with Mungo but the two soon become friends when they find a common interest. At the climax, Tiger actually breaks down in tears and rants to Mungo about how much it hurts him emotionally to be an outcast among the dogs while Mungo just hugs the poor guy and lets him cry on his shoulder. At the end, they become friends. It would be really interesting to see a sad Tiger arc for a change and for Tiger to bond with a kindhearted, nonjudgemental dog..

-Sasha ordering a pet rock online because she feels lonely. She calls the rock "Roxi" and starts doing things like dressing it up and treats it like an actual pet much to other characters' confusion. I could image Roxi getting her own tag and becoming a joke character among the cast and basically acting like a Housepets! version of Plank from Ed, Edd N Eddy.

-An arc where a new nerd character (hopefully a hairless sphinx cat) becomes part of Joey's creepy friends circle.

-An arc where King somehow crosses paths with the 3 abused pets who kidnapped an abandoned him as Joel.
Douglas Collier

Buster wrote:you do know that giving psych meds to someone who doesn't need them, or needs a different kind, can and often will either do serious damage or temporarily make them even more unstable, right?

Bino is borderline compulsive and possibly conditioned to be codependent... Not chronically depressive or psychotic. Prozac would, at best, have no effect. You're thinking of Tiger.
I've heard that Prozac is often used to treat anger issues as well. It'd be funny to see a peaceful and generous Bino.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

I am the last person who should be talking, but I think talking about serious mental health problems and using drugs "just 'cause it'd be fun to see him under their influence" is arguably quite un-PG, let alone appropriate.

Or as Rick ironically put it, "Because mental disorders are funny"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Douglas Collier wrote:I've heard that Prozac is often used to treat anger issues as well.
Only if they're being caused by a neurochemical imbalance and it's being used as an antipsychotic to correct said imbalance.
Douglas Collier wrote:It'd be funny to see a peaceful and generous Bino.
Thats not how it works, psych meds just supress the instability, they don't make your personality do a 180. They don't make you happier or nicer, they remove the biochemical feedback loop that's causing stress, the rest is up to you. They don't make you friendlier or more passive, they prevent your fight or flight instincts from kicking you into agressive mode at the drop of a hat, the rest is up to you. Hollywood likes to lie about that and treat them as a cure-all.

Again, there'd likely be no effect because Bino doesn't show the specific characteristics it's meant to suppress.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:you do know that giving psych meds to someone who doesn't need them, or needs a different kind, can and often will either do serious damage or temporarily make them even more unstable, right?
As someone who was put on ADHD meds despite not having ADHD, I can say all it did was cause my anxiety to skyrocket.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Douglas Collier

I'm pretty sure something is wrong with Bino that could be treated with proper medication with somewhat unexpected and humorous but not necessarily harmful results.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Sorry Doug, but there's no magic pill to fix 'jerk'. you might be able to teach him how not to base his self esteem on delusions of power, or his unhealthy relationship choices are, through therapy, but good luck making that funny. and even if you accomplished that, he's still someone who goes out of his way to ruin someone else's day for no reason other than the fact that he can (Peanut, King, and Tiger were never threats to his 'leadership' or his dysfunctional relationships).
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Well, to be fair, Bino clearly has control issues. Plus Peanut and Tiger are pretty much entirely targeted due to his strong bigotry against cat lovers (which there is also no pill to fix).
Douglas Collier

There's always hypnotism - they do it jokingly only to find Bino is more impressionable than they thought.
Blockbuster

Post by Blockbuster »

grape goes to a blockbuster
Blockbuster Video WOW! what a difference
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Blockbuster wrote:grape goes to a blockbuster
In search of Pridelands on VHS.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Wonder if Rick is going to give Maxwell the choice between catnip and Grape? X3
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

GameCobra wrote:Wonder if Rick is going to give Maxwell the choice between catnip and Grape? X3
If Maxwell chooses the nip then Grape will probably dump him in favor of Res.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

CanzetYote wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Wonder if Rick is going to give Maxwell the choice between catnip and Grape? X3
Plot Twist: Grape doesn't blame him and continues to stay with him anyway.
Douglas Collier

GameCobra wrote:
CanzetYote wrote:
Plot Twist: Grape doesn't blame him and continues to stay with him anyway.
She becomes his sponsor for Catnipholics Anonymous.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Douglas Collier wrote:She becomes his sponsor for Catnipholics Anonymous.
Grape eventually becomes a doctor who fixes people's catnip problems. Max being her first patient :o
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Completely unexpected plot twist: Maxwell chooses catnip over Grape, gets dumped for it, Grape attempts to start a relationship with Res but the long distance doesn't work out for them but then one day, Dallas knocks on the Sandwich House door, asking for the cat who grabbed his butt during the fight scene. Grape decides to go out on a date with Dallas because she pities him over just how geeky he is and the two unexpectedly hit it off. Grallas becomes a canon ship and Grape alongside Sabrina start a message board together for pets in interspecies relationships.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I could totally picture Dallas becoming to Grape like Brainy was to Helga off of Hey Arnold. all because she touched his butt.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

If we're talking cat-dog relationship for Grape, let us not forget the truest of pairings, Joey&Grape, y'all know it's the best. Dissension knows it's the best.
Douglas Collier

SuperStar wrote:If we're talking cat-dog relationship for Grape, let us not forget the truest of pairings, Joey&Grape, y'all know it's the best. Dissension knows it's the best.
Why not make it a love quadrangle (with Peanut as well)? =3
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Douglas Collier wrote:
SuperStar wrote:If we're talking cat-dog relationship for Grape, let us not forget the truest of pairings, Joey&Grape, y'all know it's the best. Dissension knows it's the best.
why stop there? :twisted: prety sure we can convolve that mess into a dodecahedron by turning the grape - joey - squeak triangle into a square using Spo, then make spo a third wheel in sabrina and fido's relationship cause he's gotten attached to the pooch, and reintroduce sabrina and max's relationship, make bino's issues actually stemming from having known about both his brother's views on cats all along and being in a state of denial that Res of all pets snaps him out of by virtue of an outside perspective, meanwhile res is oblivious since the whole temple escapade led him to bonding with peanut more than he anticipated, then there's tarot, bruno, the nerds, and duchess hanging off the periphery of all that.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Buster wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:
why stop there? :twisted: prety sure we can convolve that mess into a dodecahedron by turning the grape - joey - squeak triangle into a square using Spo, then make spo a third wheel in sabrina and fido's relationship cause he's gotten attached to the pooch, and reintroduce sabrina and max's relationship, make bino's issues actually stemming from having known about both his brother's views on cats all along and being in a state of denial that Res of all pets snaps him out of by virtue of an outside perspective, meanwhile res is oblivious since the whole temple escapade led him to bonding with peanut more than he anticipated, then there's tarot, bruno, the nerds, and duchess hanging off the periphery of all that.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Is it just me or is Grape often shipped with dorky, socially awkward type guys a lot? There's Peanut, Maxwell, Res, Joey (non-canon) and just recently Dallas.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

CanzetYote wrote:Is it just me or is Grape often shipped with dorky, socially awkward type guys a lot? There's Peanut, Maxwell, Res, Joey (non-canon) and just recently Dallas.
Well it just so happens that a lot of people perceive a lot of characters as dorky.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Seeing how much fun everbody's having at Pete's Temple makes me hope we get an Arc about what King and Bailey were up to during these events. Maybe Zach and that Possum gal of his too.
Douglas Collier

An alternate reality arc where Peanut chose Dragon over Tarot.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Douglas Collier wrote:An alternate reality arc where Peanut chose Dragon over Tarot.
And never forgave her for betraying dragon in the final battle.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Max successfully joins the K9PD, initially to show up Bino, but finds that he legitimately enjoys it. This opens the gates to various other species of animals in the force.

Like Jess.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Jess? A feral on the force?? Oh, that's got a whole galaxy of narrative possibilities !!!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Deciding once again to have a love life, Fox approaches Daisy for a date. She accepts but wants to go to the Yarn Ball because she loves Keys and Fiddler. To complicate affairs further, they run into Fido and Sabrina.
Fido challenges Fox on his loyalties to Bino, and recalls their former friendship. Sabrina, feeling mischievous and kindly, asks Fox to dance with her. Does Fox accept? How do the cats react to the increasing canine presence, and some may not have had positive experiences with Fox in his younger, more Bino-infactuated days?

Regards.
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Or JATA Returning"
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

King/Joel/Mr. Doesn't want to play the game right anymore, is for some reason brought to Eudoant's realm, after his supposedly great life seems to be suspiciously getting taken apart. When he first meets the ruler of this realm, he realizes there's...Something suspiciously familiar about them.