What Makes Housepets Special to You?

Discuss the comic here
FoxRocks

What Makes Housepets Special to You?

Post by FoxRocks »

What is it about HP! that made it different and special to you? What Character stood out the most to you?

Mine is Fox 8-)
Buy a goat today!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: What Makes Housepets Special to You?

Post by Sleet »

It's got good memories for me, and I get to be a hipser about liking it while it was still underground. :p

More importantly, it's family-friendly without being dull, it's got furry appeal without being indulgent, and it's reminiscent of newspaper comics and cartoons, which I really enjoy about it.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Cats. I love the cats in this comic more than any other comic out there. <3

I like all the characters, though. I like Peanut and Tarot's chemistry the most out of the dogs because I like seeing what Tarot sees in Peanut and vice versa; followed by Sasha's. She's just cheery and adorable. LAst but not least, I want to see how far Housepets will go with it's plot. I want to see how far everything will go with the characters ~ Hopefully through love, marriage, and beyond with it keeping up with it's awesome humor.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
valerio

Post by valerio »

all equally important:

Characterization: since strip #1, this comic provided a fine insight of all characters, portraing their complexity in shades and never revealing it all at the first appearance.

The cast: Seriously, I couldn't imagine this comic without Bino and Pete as well, despite them being what they are! Every individual fits perfectly in the comic, no one is wasted -or else they get eaten, right?

Exploration: Every comic is a step in knowing a world, not just a 'nice read' comic. You're ALWAYS left with the need to see the next comic, see what happens.

Art style: simply fantastic. OK, I didn't mind the more catlike eyes and more animal snouts we had in release 2 of the art, but heck current art style is rich with details and one could almost feel the fur under one's fingers.

BEST. HEAVEN. EVER!

Warm and fuzzy feelings. Sense of participation. Tears and laugh. This comic has it all!

Comic-in-comic. Spot rocks.

Perfect world -okay, only Paradise has that, but the HP world IS the world many of us would want to be in. That's TALENT for ya!

In shorts, this is the one literary pearl in one's life I have the luck and honor to read. Thanks for all the great work, Mr. Griffin!
Last edited by valerio on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
zdflion96

Post by zdflion96 »

1. I really like HP! because it has nice humour (well, not always for me xD) and the stories are well-defined and interesting :D Some of they also tell you facts about this life & how to deal with it ;)

2. For me, Peanut xD He has a lot of energy to play games, and whatever he does in the comic, he always makes me smile and, of course, makes my days better :D
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

This is still one of the last discovered furry comics, and since it's addicting I'm no more so interested to look for other ones of any kind, also because of time necessities and other own issues.
What attracted me to interest in this comic is its drawing style (4th one especially, but I like also the 1st one), something I always look at, and I really liked it from the first sight. ;) After have read all the comic, I saw that it really deserved my attention to follow it and be an its fan (due to it I've even changed my habits to connect daily). I find great the mix of characters types and personalities, the usual amusing end of each strip, and the deepness and the progressing of certain story arcs.
Personally, I must give a big thank you to Valerio with the translation of the comic, otherwise was very difficult to me to even start the reading of a so large comic in English, but, it's wasn't only because of the language (soon I'll read it all again in its original language). :D Valerio's active presence in this community has been a great incentive for my registering and activity here, and we talked a lot so far. ;) Besides this, due to this comic I'm enjoying also its nice community, which is being something so special to me. :)
There should be another thing which at the moment I don't remember. But, if isn't enough all the above to make this comic special to me... ;)
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

It's a clean funny animal comic that updates often and is well done.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Foxstar wrote:It's a clean funny animal comic that updates often and is well done.
That and it surprisingly keep me emotionally involved.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

King, without question. I always have and always will love that little corgi. He's had so much depth and growth from the very beginning. Plus he transformed into a dog, which automatically makes him cool in my book. =)
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

Ryusuta wrote: He's had so much depth and growth from the very beginning. Plus he transformed into a dog, which automatically makes him cool in my book. =)
Agreed! :D
Buy a goat today!
KingFan202

Post by KingFan202 »

Its my favorite comic that i've ever read. The characters are amazing, i love the stories. King is amazing. I look forward to every Monday/Wednesday/ Friday. The fact its updated so much is awesome. sorry if this message was spelling errors and stuff I typed it on my Phone
King as Red (Pokemon) Avatar By CHAOKOCartoons!
ImageImage
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

KingFan202 wrote:Its my favorite comic that i've ever read. The characters are amazing, i love the stories. King is amazing. I look forward to every Monday/Wednesday/ Friday. The fact its updated so much is awesome. sorry if this message was spelling errors and stuff I typed it on my Phone
The only grammatic error I see is that you forgot to capitalize your I s.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

It's hard to say. There's so many good things about it. The characters, the story, the moral, the humor! It's so popular, yet it's very clean, unlike many other famous webcomics(I'm looking at you Twokinds). It's perhaps my number one fave webcomic! Except it's not, so its number two. Number One belongs to Bravoman: Super Unequaled Hero of Excellence, but that's not important right now.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

The uncomfortable and unintended implications of Joel transforming into King.

Fox is super nifty too.
Just an Arc
Deske

Post by Deske »

Housepets is important to be because it was probably one of the first five or so webcomics that I got excited for. Even though it's been a few years and my collection of currently reading comics has grown from around five to probably a lot more, this one is still probably my favorite.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

The humor.
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

I agree on it being cleaner than most other online or furry comics and I think that's why it made Ursa major awards because there aren't many family friendly comics like this and its adorable :D
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

The characters, above all else. I cannot get into a story unless it has good characterization and character development. They are very important factors.

I relate most to Fox, because of reasons of my own I will not divulge at the moment.Okay, we are both book worms and kind of the sane ones, the straight men, so to speak. (A comedic term)
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

The whole concept of anthropomorphic animals not being either 1), the dominant species on earth or 2), creatures to be despised/exterminated by humans, is fascinating. And I agree - the frequent updates, characters, story, and humor are a big bonus. :mrgreen:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Xane wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:The whole concept of anthropomorphic animals not being either 1), the dominant species on earth or 2), creatures to be despised/exterminated by humans, is fascinating. And I agree - the frequent updates, characters, story, and humor are a big bonus. :mrgreen:
I always found this insight into why humans are #1 interesting. http://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/11/0 ... s-7500-bc/. Animals don't have much concept of foresight, which is pretty much true in our world too, plus they can't even talk here (that we know of).
Probably a good reason not to let them vote. :roll:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

The comic is mostly just plain fun. its a nice break from a lot of stuff I see around the internet.
my favorite character is fox as well.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

It's one of the few clean, funny funny animal comics done by someone who has not only not let me down, but turned out to be far more then I was expecting. I wish I connected better with the fans, but it's creator is someone who I'm glad to call a friend.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its a really cute little comic and I just like the personality of the characters.