There's a problem with the current strips

Discuss the comic here
Gren

There's a problem with the current strips

Post by Gren »

Hi guys, I'm not sure if I'm getting crazy but I've noticed a problem with the current strips, a visual problem to be precise. At first I thought it had to do with the new style but it's not because it start from THIS strip. I have no problem with the previous comics and I've noticed that it's not a problem of my computer or my screen because it's the same in my dad's computer (and we have different OS and Internet services). And neither is a problem of the browsers, because I've tested it with three different services.
However, this problem started recently because I hadn't this problem until the middle of the current arc (and I can prove it in the following comparison).

Former view --> ImageImage <--Current view

As you can see, now the images seems to have a yellow overlay (or something like that).

I conclude that there must be a problem with the hosting service that Rick is using with the current comics. Of course this is just a theory but since this already happened to me before (and that's the reason why you'll never see me using Photobucket again) it's highly probable that this could be the reason (though that depends if this happens to more people than me).

I hope someone can find a solution to this thing.
ImageImage
Dissension

Re: There's a problem with the current strips

Post by Dissension »

There's not a problem, Rick updated the comics with new color profiles.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Duster

Post by Duster »

Yeah I noticed it on my computer too. It's like the tint is off or something.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Gren

Post by Gren »

Dissension wrote:There's not a problem, Rick updated the comics with new color profiles.
Oh, so that's what happened. Though I must say that some characters did not look good with their new colors (Fox seems ill with that bluish face, Peanut and Sasha are too yellow, Grape too pink, etc etc). Even you can see the yellow in the dialog texts. However I've noticed that this effect hadn't been applied to the latest strip.
ImageImage
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Wow, didn't notice that... but now that you say it. It looks a bit like an "old photograph"-filter.
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

I went through the archive from the beginning for the year replacing all of them because I thought the current version of photoshop was strangling the colors (It does that, and I've change computers since the beginning of the year). This might not be the case; I'll have to go back and see if I have to replace them the other way again.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Gren

Post by Gren »

rickgriffin wrote:I went through the archive from the beginning for the year replacing all of them because I thought the current version of photoshop was strangling the colors (It does that, and I've change computers since the beginning of the year). This might not be the case; I'll have to go back and see if I have to replace them the other way again.
Yeah, I have the same problem with photoshop on almost every PNG images. It was not easy to get used to.
ImageImage
Arbitrary

Post by Arbitrary »

CMYK for the win. Color profiles are quite a pain.
Image I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

I am very newbie when it comes to digital art, but I did like it before the change accrued. My opinion, as I'm sure others have their own.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I'll see if I can get a update on this.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really like how the new strips came out. I would like it if Rick went back to the old comics and updated them with the new art style, but I understand it would be too big of an undertaking.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Um... That's not exactly what this thread was about..?
But, yeah, it would be too much of an undertaking, and it is nice to see the art progression as well :D

Hmm... yea, things do seem to still have a much more orange tint throughout the Love and War arc and some of the surrounding strips...