Pete may have already lost (theory)

Discuss the comic here
Gregourii

Pete may have already lost (theory)

Post by Gregourii »

According to the comic: https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/ ... details-2/

The Kitsune (not sure of his name) forbade Pete from returning to the arena or doing anything to King before he was able to get a full level avatar.

Now, I'm not sure, is the arena some magical area where the two avatars are meant to duel or is it Babylon Gardens (i.e. Earth)?

1. If the arena isn't Earth then this theory is moot... But...

2. If the arena IS Babylon Gardens (Earth) then Pete broke the rule regarding the Kitsune's (GM's) explicit forbidden zone...

3. He did do something to King: Entrapped him in a Catch 22 situation, either confess to Bailey about what he really was (and we see where that went) or become his Avatar and wind up being controlled with no free will while possibly being killed while fighting Tarot. While Bailey freely signed the contract to replace King, it was under the impression that neither of them had a choice, which was against the rules.

Now, if items 2 and 3 were indeed true, wouldn't that mean that Pete broke the rules intentionally and therefore lost? While there were abilities to infringe on a player's progress, intentional rule-breaking to advance your own goals is essentially cheating and would result in the player automatically losing or being ejected from the game (which is a loss). Pete's pride may not allow him to see this and Dragon may be playing him into a situation where he falls hard.

So, by that theory, Pete's already LOST the game. Maybe I'm wrong but should other theories arise about this theory and/or issue? Did Pete find a legal workaround by that Catch 22 threat he made to King on his wedding day or...

I don't know if this will catch on but what are your theories, do you agree or disagree?
Dissension

Re: Pete may have already lost (theory)

Post by Dissension »

The name's Great Kitsune to us, as indicated in the tags.

Pete neither physically entered the arena nor did anything to King prior to gaining an avatar.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Gregourii

Post by Gregourii »

diss wrote:The name's Great Kitsune to us, as indicated in the tags.

Pete neither physically entered the arena nor did anything to King prior to gaining an avatar.
1. Alright, my apologies
2. I wasn't entirely sure what the arena was in regards to the location and I thought that entrapment or essentially blackmailing King was doing 'something'. (Remember he turned Joel into King because Joel/King believed he didn't have a choice in the matter as the situation mentioned before was similar to circumstance).
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Turning Joel into King was doing something to Joel/King. Telling King that the spell was going to end and giving him the ultimatum is not.
And while Babylon Gardens is probably "the arena", as Diss said (and was mentioned here), Pete never "physically" entered the ring. He's still allowed to do that whole manifesting himself so he can talk to people (he's gotta be able to get an avatar somehow after all). ;)
Argent

Post by Argent »

Once Bailey signed the agreement, the restriction was off. That's how he could turn King back into Joel.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Well they both lost and at the same time, they won. Maybe they will learn something, but then again, maybe not.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But would they remember what they learned since they don't remember their lives as celestial beings?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I think he meant that hopefully they will learn something from their time as mortals ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know. What I meant to say was when they get turned back into celestials, will they remember what they learned (and not ignore it)? Since they won't remember their lives as celestials, how will they react once they become celestials again?