A question on the whole celestial game

Discuss the comic here
Jamonius

A question on the whole celestial game

Post by Jamonius »

Hey all I would just like to submit a question to the board here about this whole celestial game. Please forgive me if this has been brought up before, I'm still relatively new to the boards and haven't gone through all the old posts. Anyways with that out of the way lets get to the question.

Dragon and Pete both now have their own avatars in this game and are getting set up for their duel. However there is another player in this game, the DM (dungeon master) of the game, The Great Kitsune. He's essentially running this whole game, making sure both sides play fair and all that. Will he have an avatar of his own mixed into this game, perhaps acting as a referee for when Tarot and Bailey start their duel? If The Great Kitsune has his own avatar is it going to be someone from the cast we're familiar with or will it be a comepletly new character?

This is just something that's been flickering in the back of my mind for a few days. We know Dragon and Pete's avatars and minions in this game but we don't know Kitsune's or even if he has any involved. If he does than he (and Rick) have kept it well hidden!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: A question on the whole celestial game

Post by Obbl »

The DM doesn't usually have an avatar. In our universe they play the NPCs and roll for random events, but in U&U, the NPCs play themselves and fate guides the random events of day to day life. So, it's unlikely the Kitsune is involved in any playing. Especially as this is specifically a duel between Dragon and Pete, Kitsune doesn't have a reason to get his own avatar and train him/her up if he/she will never play a part in the game. As for refereeing, Kitsune is perfectly capable of doing so without the aid of a mortal who would have to learn all the ins and outs of the game and be able to wrangle immortal demigods - beyond the capabilities of any mortal.

So, yeah... It's been wondered a few times before, and lots of speculation as to who the avatar might be, if indeed there were such a pet, has been bandied about, but it's very likely not going to happen.
Jamonius

Post by Jamonius »

Obbl wrote:The DM doesn't usually have an avatar. In our universe they play the NPCs and roll for random events, but in U&U, the NPCs play themselves and fate guides the random events of day to day life. So, it's unlikely the Kitsune is involved in any playing. Especially as this is specifically a duel between Dragon and Pete, Kitsune doesn't have a reason to get his own avatar and train him/her up if he/she will never play a part in the game. As for refereeing, Kitsune is perfectly capable of doing so without the aid of a mortal who would have to learn all the ins and outs of the game and be able to wrangle immortal demigods - beyond the capabilities of any mortal.

So, yeah... It's been wondered a few times before, and lots of speculation as to who the avatar might be, if indeed there were such a pet, has been bandied about, but it's very likely not going to happen.
Yeah, Kitsune should be able to handle that by himself. Like I said it was just something bubbling away in my brain. Thanks for taking the time to answer!
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

I am more worried about the possible winner of the game, namely Spirit Dragon's Tarot and Pete's Bailey... And I doubt dragon recovered from Peanut so quickly (3 month ago his V-card was still angry) so... Will she even want to win with the Avatar that made Peanut Choose herself over Spirit Dragon? I bet 10,000 units of Protodermis on Pete winning the battle... Tho I really want to support DRagon for some reason... Poor girl, her heart broken, her flower withered, her tears falling, with her mind stuck in paralysis over her loss, I feel sorry for her, the cute creature, who deserves better than being flipped over by life itself. Her own avatar betrayed her in the worst way possible, her own lover left him as a result, her heart is now in pieces, and that devil Pete is inches away from victory now.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Vuk91 wrote:I am more worried about the possible winner of the game, namely Spirit Dragon's Tarot and Pete's Bailey... And I doubt dragon recovered from Peanut so quickly (3 month ago his V-card was still angry) so... Will she even want to win with the Avatar that made Peanut Choose herself over Spirit Dragon? I bet 10,000 units of Protodermis on Pete winning the battle... Tho I really want to support DRagon for some reason... Poor girl, her heart broken, her flower withered, her tears falling, with her mind stuck in paralysis over her loss, I feel sorry for her, the cute creature, who deserves better than being flipped over by life itself. Her own avatar betrayed her in the worst way possible, her own lover left him as a result, her heart is now in pieces, and that devil Pete is inches away from victory now.
Um... maybe you should avoid deifying (pun not intended) Spirit Dragon and vilifying Pete. Dragon's a big girl, she can deal with getting her heart broken just like anyone else. Tarot did not betray her, as Dragon was no more entitled to Peanut's love than Tarot. And Peanut was never really her lover, because he didn't know she was a separate entity. That love relationship was mostly in her head. She kinda brought it on herself by letting Peanut continue to believe that Tarot and herself were one and the same. That was a mistake on her part - not being completely forthright from the beginning (and understandable mistake, but still a mistake).
Pete isn't evil as I've been over before, so I won't go over it again.

Will Spirit Dragon be completely mentally prepared? I don't know, but she's not the perfect saint that life and everyone trampled upon. She's an average, everyday demigod making choices and dealing with the consequences - kinda like you and me.
TheInsaneFox

Post by TheInsaneFox »

I got a feeling that Pete will win. Though, not because Bailey appears to be one of the physically strongest characters in the webcomic (even before she got the armor), but mostly because Tarot is a psychic, Bailey mentioned Alaska, and because Rick has already referenced the Metal Gear series. Pete will simply plug his controller into Port 2 and probably win. While I would normally be concerned with one of these characters dying, I don't think that Rick would mix humor and death.

Either this, or that Kitsune will launch a New World Order (despite having no purpose for one) or some other crazy twist that will leave some scratching their heads while others shout out "What a twist!"
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I'm not placing any guesses on who's going to win and no, I don't have inside information because I know Rick.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

My guess is Pete will win, but will be punished for too much meddling in the affairs of mortals. So both Pete and Dragon will be locked in mortal form.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Everyone seems to be forgetting that they could both lose to King. King is, right now, a third party player and could conceivably win... at least if my memory serves me correctly.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Well, as everything's been wrapped up, I'm going to turn out the lights in here.