Housepets! Kickstarter

Discuss the comic here
Anthroguy101

Housepets! Kickstarter

Post by Anthroguy101 »

No, I am not actually doing a Kickstarter for the comic without the creator's consent (because that would be illegal), but a lot of readers want to see this branch out beyond the realm of sequential art.

The King arc, in particular, could make up an entire feature film. A TV series could be adapted from it as well. I believe I recall Rick having the desire to start out with an anime in Japan.

The option is available, though all crowdfunded ideas, even successful ones tend to run into the same pitfall: how should the money be spent?

More importantly, though, do you think a Kickstarter for Housepets! would be successful? How much would you be willing to give, and how many readers outside the forum do you think would contribute?

Leave your answers and creative comments in the comments section below.

I'm RayWilliamJohnson and I approve this message.
SuperStar

Re: Housepets! Kickstarter

Post by SuperStar »

Anthroguy101 wrote:No, I am not actually doing a Kickstarter for the comic without the creator's consent (because that would be illegal), but a lot of readers want to see this branch out beyond the realm of sequential art.

The King arc, in particular, could make up an entire feature film. A TV series could be adapted from it as well. I believe I recall Rick having the desire to start out with an anime in Japan.

The option is available, though all crowdfunded ideas, even successful ones tend to run into the same pitfall: how should the money be spent?

More importantly, though, do you think a Kickstarter for Housepets! would be successful? How much would you be willing to give, and how many readers outside the forum do you think would contribute?

Leave your answers and creative comments in the comments section below.

I'm RayWilliamJohnson and I approve this message.
I'm sure we all have wanted this and one point, and probably still do. However it's not as simple as just starting a Kickstarter. You need to have an actual group that could do the animations and the like. I advertising is another thing.

Also, while I also do believe King's OverArc(as in Over-reaching Arc) could make a fine feature length movie, I believe it would be the wrong introduction to Housepets!, you see (I'm probably getting infamous for saying this) Peanut and Grape are the Originals, and still the Main Characters. If there is any animation produced, it should start out with them. If the first animation was King, it would be sort of like false advertising.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

If you'd like to financially support Housepets! and other Rick Griffin Studios projects, you may visit Rick's Patreon. I don't anticipate Rick crowd-funding an animated series or similar, but don't let that stop y'all from discussing it.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I just want to say to the folks who -do- support Rick, thank you a lot. You are only making it easier for Rick to help the comic and the world grow and given all of the work that goes into the comic (More, lots more then you would think), where else are you going to find a funny animals comic that's as reliable as Housepets has been for so many years?