Why is Fido only real friend Spo?

Discuss the comic here
scootydash

Why is Fido only real friend Spo?

Post by scootydash »

Ok I really don't get this one. How is spo his only real friend? I mean hes a likeable guy and caring and everything but why doesn't he have more friends?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: Why is Fido only real friend Spo?

Post by Obbl »

Does Sabrina not count? :P
Fox was a really good friend of Fido's until the news got out that he's a cat-lover. Now he's not so sure (which, incidentally, seems like it could be one of the focuses of the current arc). Fido seems to be on good terms with Kevin. You might consider them friends. Peanut involved Fido in his Christmas Pageant. Not sure if they're particularly close friends or anything, but I guess that might still count.
He was kind of a local hero, but after the whole cat-astrophe *baddum tiss* I think he's become a bit of an outcast.

We have seen Fido a lot more with Spo around than anyone else, but I think that's more because Fido is Spo's only friend. He pretty much has to be in the comic if Spo is. ;)
scootydash

Post by scootydash »

Obbl wrote:Does Sabrina not count? :P
Fox was a really good friend of Fido's until the news got out that he's a cat-lover. Now he's not so sure (which, incidentally, seems like it could be one of the focuses of the current arc). Fido seems to be on good terms with Kevin. You might consider them friends. Peanut involved Fido in his Christmas Pageant. Not sure if they're particularly close friends or anything, but I guess that might still count.
He was kind of a local hero, but after the whole cat-astrophe *baddum tiss* I think he's become a bit of an outcast.

We have seen Fido a lot more with Spo around than anyone else, but I think that's more because Fido is Spo's only friend. He pretty much has to be in the comic if Spo is. ;)
Yeah I guess but I'm going off what the wiki says. Fido doesn't really have any friends he hangs around beside Spo. I mean yeah he got invited to pageant but so did a lot other people. I mean Joey (who I think deserve way more screen time) has a group of friends and they pretty much hang out all the time. I just think Fido deserve way more friends. He's a hero and does a community service job. He's kind and caring and that jazz. you know what I mean?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Maybe Fido is the kind of guy who only kept a few close friends to begin with?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
scootydash

Post by scootydash »

D-Rock wrote:Maybe Fido is the kind of guy who only kept a few close friends to begin with?
Maybe but all his close friends have abandoned him now as far as I can tell. ((Fyi I am gonna reread the entire series to completely understand everything)) I do understand fox will become his friend again later. But I would still think people would like him more. Or even since of the rep (as bino puts it) he has a lot of the pets would shrug off the cat lover thing.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

The wiki isn't edited by Rick, so it's not necessarily 100% accurate.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
scootydash

Post by scootydash »

Dissension wrote:The wiki isn't edited by Rick, so it's not necessarily 100% accurate.
Alright thanks
valerio

Post by valerio »

scootydash wrote:Ok I really don't get this one. How is spo his only real friend? I mean hes a likeable guy and caring and everything but why doesn't he have more friends?
Not true. Considering how much Fido has interacted with the PB&J theatre company, he is in league with Peanut, grape, King, Bailey, Joey, Tiger, Tarot and the wolf cubs as well.
In a one-panel, we saw him playing videogames with Max and Peanut...so, he's got plenty of friends. Spo happens to be his most convenient confidant who popped in his life in a period when Fido surely couldn't be frank about himself with his colleagues due to the stigma about interspecies relationships
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

That's true, the wiki isn't 100% accurate, but it doesn't say that Spo is Fido's only real friend, it says that Fido is Spo's only real friend ;)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think Fido's got acquaintances at the very least.

He works hard, and has a girlfriend. I don't know how much time he has for a social life outside of all that!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
scootydash

Post by scootydash »

After rereading the comic, I would agree that spo is his only real friend as in that spo is the only pet he hangs out with all the time. I would say the k9 unit are his friends just they don't do too much together.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, a friend isn't around 24/7. Spo's size is one of the reasons he's always around.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
scootydash

Post by scootydash »

But what I mean is that k9 unit he pretty much only hangs around them on duty but off duty they rarely hang out but with spo hes always with him.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

There's also the fact that a comic is going to be biased toward its cast, so "other" friends don't need to show up.

Then again Housepets! has a huge cast of characters, many of them not very important, so who knows?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Fido's not important? :shock:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Nope, Spo's not very important ;)
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.