Movies in the Housepets universe

Discuss the comic here
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Movies in the Housepets universe

Post by Gameb18oy »

This is pretty much me being eager to hear how movies would be different in the Housepets universe. Obviously we need to talk about “all dogs go to Heaven” but consider how most of Disney’s Classic animated movies could now be live action (... without them being the moneygrabs/copyright renewals we’re currently stuck with)
Bandit1990

Re: Movies in the Housepets universe

Post by Bandit1990 »

They could be live action, but I feel like they'd be animated anyway. Robin Hood would stand out less from the rest of the Disney animal movies. Films like 101 Dalmatians and Oliver & Company would need some re-writing as a lot of the story would resolve itself easier when the animals can talk to the humans. Bambi would still work more or less as is, and I think Dumbo wouldn't require significant changes. Fox and the Hound would probably play out much the same as well, The conflict is mostly self contained among the animals, and I don't think being able to talk to Tod would greatly deter Amos.

All Dogs go to Heaven is an interesting piece. Given the reactions we've seen we can assume the ending plays out more or less the same. Anne Marie being able to talk to animals would be less special, but her power really more of a plot device anyway. It would be easy enough to give her something else that Carface would find valuable. Otherwise things don't really need to change, Anne Marie's the only prominent human character, and the only big difference I can think of is would be easier for Itchy to get that young couple to come help. (But since the cavalry arrives at the speed of plot, that's not really a big deal.)

Assuming these films are still animated, it's possible they might have animal voice actors. I mean, in a world where dogs can talk, people would have a good idea of what they should sound like, and it's probably not Burt Reynalds. :P

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: Movies in the Housepets universe

Post by Gameb18oy »

Bandit1990 wrote:They could be live action, but I feel like they'd be animated anyway. Robin Hood would stand out less from the rest of the Disney animal movies. Films like 101 Dalmatians and Oliver & Company would need some re-writing as a lot of the story would resolve itself easier when the animals can talk to the humans. Bambi would still work more or less as is, and I think Dumbo wouldn't require significant changes. Fox and the Hound would probably play out much the same as well, The conflict is mostly self contained among the animals, and I don't think being able to talk to Tod would greatly deter Amos.

All Dogs go to Heaven is an interesting piece. Given the reactions we've seen we can assume the ending plays out more or less the same. Anne Marie being able to talk to animals would be less special, but her power really more of a plot device anyway. It would be easy enough to give her something else that Carface would find valuable. Otherwise things don't really need to change, Anne Marie's the only prominent human character, and the only big difference I can think of is would be easier for Itchy to get that young couple to come help. (But since the cavalry arrives at the speed of plot, that's not really a big deal.)

Assuming these films are still animated, it's possible they might have animal voice actors. I mean, in a world where dogs can talk, people would have a good idea of what they should sound like, and it's probably not Burt Reynalds. :P
For the modern ones, you think they’d complain about celebrity voices just put in to be celebrity voices, like maybe the members of A-something and the ground squirrels are gargoyles in an upcoming Disney production (yes, I am referencing that movie)