scary thought about king & bailey's pups.

Discuss the comic here
Buster
Game Master

scary thought about king & bailey's pups.

Post by Buster »

there's still some confusion over who their owner will be right?

What if keene wants one of them, to carry on pete's work? i mean his plans need a figurehead since he doesn't want to lead the revolution himself, but he did seem at least partially interested in pete's goals. both parents would have traces of pete's magic on/in them so the kid might inherit some of that, that might let him/her use the mana egg Keene has.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: scary thought about king & bailey's pups.

Post by Obbl »

Rights to the puppies usually go to the dam's owner unless a contract specifies otherwise.
And since Keene wants to do this without becoming a monster, I doubt he's going to try forcing a puppy into any schemes until he or she is old enough to make a decision. (Some may describe his methods as "unethical", but they are all legal and are certainly not going to bring about global catastrophe :P )
cuteycindyhoney

Post by cuteycindyhoney »

Keene is a lot nicer than he wants others to realize. I don't think he has it in him to try and make a grab for a puppy. I see him as waiting, biding his time, hoping one of the pups will come to him.
The animated signature I've used for years is too big for this forum! When I get time, I'll have to deconstruct it and make it smaller!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Pretty sure Keene will find some loophole with Officer Bill so that King and Bailey retain some kind of rights over the pups. Kinda like how he got the wolves into Babylon Gardens. He can hire the best lawyers in existence, after all. That would definitely go in with his plans, after all.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not to mention I doubt that Officer Bill would be that mean to try to take their babies away from them.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, in reality pups can be given away or sold when they are weaned. The question becomes, "does that practice exist in the HP world?"

And knowing Kings human mind, he'll fight that.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Another thing I've been wondering about, since pets are like people in HP!, does euthanasia exist?
ShrimpGumbo

Post by ShrimpGumbo »

I wonder if King will actually have the guts to drop "the bomb" on them... Probably not.

Anyway,Keene is evil but he's more of a greedy glutton evil than a heartless tale your children because I can evil. Probably.
Smile and the whole world smiles with you, and silently labels you an idiot.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Another thing I've been wondering about, since pets are like people in HP!, does euthanasia exist?
I think euthanasia of a sapient being is a bit darker than Housepets!, even though the comic does have some moral ambiguity. It's probably best not to dwell too much on it, lest ye go mad.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Too late. I read valerio's fan fiction and that had euthanasia and mentions of euthanasia in it.

Now excuse me, these nice handsome men are taking me to a fun place.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

My assumption is due to some legal loophole, ownership will go to Daisy.

Naturally.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah can you imagine how FAST that would drive King into the mental institution?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Sleet wrote:My assumption is due to some legal loophole, ownership will go to Daisy.

Naturally.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Yeah can you imagine how FAST that would drive King into the mental institution?
I can see it now.

Keene: "Due to incredibly obscure legalities that would take all week to explain, custody of the pups now goes to Daisy."
Daisy: "Hi, I'm Daisy!"
King: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsEIu6-lciA
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

No I was thinking that after a few years of Daisy raising them so they only say their names repeatedly that King would end up going insane.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Through repetition and positive reinforcement, the puppies' primary mode of communication is a collective "hi, we're puppies!"

Nothing of value is lost.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would drive King over to the edge even faster.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

All legal rights and subsidies go to Peanut. Why? Because he would be the best dad ever.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

The pups are going to be Pete and Dragon. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If they are people would revolt against Rick in droves.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Sadly, that's true. A few have already voiced disdain for that idea.

At the risk of being attacked, I will say that does sound like an interesting story development. But the sentence was for a 60-year mortal lifetime, wasn't it? I thought it was somewhat established that 40 is the expected life expectancy for pets in this universe. Of course, I've read that smaller breeds of dogs tend to live longer than larger breeds, and the pups would be half-corgi. Also, there is the possibility that they'll carry a "human essence" from King, thus meaning a longer lifespan (dang, I've never written anything so fanfiction-y :oops: ). But that would mean that only one would be a true child, or pup in this case.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

The pups will have King's human foresight, leading to a race of dogs that will rival mankind, fulfilling Pete's promise!

Honestly, though, it would be cool if the pups had some human mental characteristics like their dad.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't mind them having some human characteristics like their dad because of King's circumstances. As long as they don't take after their paternal grandfather I'm fine.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Nah, I think King and Bailey will raise 'em right.

It'd be nice if the pups had a combination of their mother's positive outlook and their dad's comprehension of how the world works. I imagine they'd ask a lot more "why" questions than average puppies and be able to manage their lives more smartly than other animals when they grow up, but also not be as uptight and anxious as their father.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Sartharina

Post by Sartharina »

D-Rock wrote:Well, in reality pups can be given away or sold when they are weaned. The question becomes, "does that practice exist in the HP world?"

And knowing Kings human mind, he'll fight that.
And it might lead to conflict between him and Bailey - since she's already been through this sort of thing, he's like "They should be ours to raise until they're old enough to be free to live their own lives!", while Bailey's like "I love them, but they deserve to go and learn the joy of living with a new loving family! And they're starting to drive me COMPLETELY CRAZY!". For a human, growing up and becoming independent is a critical part of life. For pets... it's not. Issues of sexual maturity aside, pets enjoy living their lives pretty much entirely dependent on their owners. What they lack in power over their lives and fates, they make up for in lack of responsibility for their lives and fates.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Another thing I've been wondering about, since pets are like people in HP!, does euthanasia exist?
Probably, but it's best not to dwell on it. And for dogs at least, it's a happy ending to a miserable existence. After all... all dogs go to heaven.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Too late. I read valerio's fan fiction and that had euthanasia and mentions of euthanasia in it.

Now excuse me, these nice handsome men are taking me to a fun place.
And from what we've seen in-comic, it is a VERY fun place! And everyone else will be there too, soon enough! And they'll ALL be having fun again!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is true. Though I do believe that ALL pets go to heaven, not just dogs simply because I can't imagine people going to heaven to reunite with pets only to be told they took a trip down south. :?
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

If all dogs go to Heaven, that by definition has to include Duchess.

You may want to revise that idea a bit.
This account is a copy of that of my Cross Time Cafe account, which I use to discuss Freefall on its forum.
Sartharina

Post by Sartharina »

1071-CCN wrote:If all dogs go to Heaven, that by definition has to include Duchess.

Nope. She goes too.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

1071-CCN wrote:If all dogs go to Heaven, that by definition has to include Duchess.

Well somebody has to handle janitorial duty. you're not going to make the angels do it are you?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Maybe Duchess is with Madea in heaven; right outside the walls of Heaven.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It depends on who her owner is and if he/she are as big as snobs as Duchess is. If so, I can see them both being in heaven in a not very pleasurable job.
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

I thought the idea behind Heaven was that everything you want just magically appears and nobody actually has to work for it. A bad place in Heaven seems pretty much contradictory.
This account is a copy of that of my Cross Time Cafe account, which I use to discuss Freefall on its forum.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

1071-CCN wrote:everything you want just magically appears and nobody actually has to work for it.
That... Doesn't sound all that great honestly. Actually sounds extremely boring. Nothing worth doing is ever easy, What's the point if there's no challenge?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

You and King would be in agreement then. Course he still managed to lose track of time anyway ;)
Regardless, that is a topic for another time and another place

It seems this thread has outlived its usefulness.
[ Thread Closed ]