Housepets Crossovers

Discuss the comic here
fenrirblack

Housepets Crossovers

Post by fenrirblack »

What other characters or worlds from other comics and/or series would you like to see the Housepets interact with?

I personally would love to see them go to the Savestate universe and have Peanut play a game with Kade. Or go to the TwoKinds universe.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: Housepets Crossovers

Post by Gameb18oy »

This would sadly only happen in the fancomics I feel. Considering this is hypothetical, why are we talking only webcomics? I’d love a Pokémon crossover just so we could see what Rick might decide each of the main cast should be.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well naturally it would only be able to happen in the webcomics unless Rick can get permission to use ACTUAL show properties in the comic for a crossover.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

It feels odd to talk about Pokémon only based on the anime... though considering he does have a small number of Pokémon characters, the furret that he takes his online name from being the most obvious example... actually considering that one time he appeared in the comic, I suppose you could make the argument there was a very light crossover there
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:This would sadly only happen in the fancomics I feel. Considering this is hypothetical, why are we talking only webcomics? I’d love a Pokémon crossover just so we could see what Rick might decide each of the main cast should be.
It's not just comics. It could be anything you want. Imagine what would happen if Housepets met ______. What would it look like? Like you said it's hypothetical so it is for fun.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Gameb18oy wrote:It feels odd to talk about Pokémon only based on the anime... though considering he does have a small number of Pokémon characters, the furret that he takes his online name from being the most obvious example... actually considering that one time he appeared in the comic, I suppose you could make the argument there was a very light crossover there
That was a guest comic - drawn by me. ;)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:It feels odd to talk about Pokémon only based on the anime... though considering he does have a small number of Pokémon characters, the furret that he takes his online name from being the most obvious example... actually considering that one time he appeared in the comic, I suppose you could make the argument there was a very light crossover there
That was a guest comic - drawn by me. ;)
Very memorable comic, even if it aged a bit more than one would expect considering Rick Griffin is no longer his sona. Is the demand for more pups and kittens about the same as back when you made it or was it a bit more common back in those days?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

For the record, "Rick Griffin" is a pen name and Rick's previous fursonas include Furret Rick and Rick Chindy, so to say Rick is no longer Rick Griffin is not accurate.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Dissension wrote:For the record, "Rick Griffin" is a pen name and Rick's previous fursonas include Furret Rick and Rick Chindy, so to say Rick is no longer Rick Griffin is not accurate.
I didn’t mean to imply that. It’s a fact that West of Heaven is now Rick’s sona while the Furret is more of just one of Rick’s Characters, that’s kinda what I was trying to say. Hopefully I didn’t upset you Diss, I’ll try to make better distinctions in regards to Rick’s sonas in the future... was Chindy the typhlosion by the way? I’m not sure who that could be referring to otherwise
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really want to know also what a Chindy is? That something Rick made up?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Gameb18oy wrote:Hopefully I didn’t upset you Diss
Diss was just clarifying. Hence the "for the record" ;)
Gameb18oy wrote:was Chindy the typhlosion by the way?
Yes, indeed, Chindy is Rick's Typhlosion character :D
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Obbl wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Hopefully I didn’t upset you Diss
Diss was just clarifying. Hence the "for the record" ;)
Gameb18oy wrote:was Chindy the typhlosion by the way?
Yes, indeed, Chindy is Rick's Typhlosion character :D
... this fact makes that pic with both sonas dating a little weird in hindsight
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Took me a while learn who Chindy was. Saw that on his DA bio. Fast forward to earlier this year, finally found clarification.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The fact that his DA tag said "The Chindy" made me think it was some kind of weird species.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

There's lots and lots of cross-overs I'd like to see. But if I'm thinking of them meeting one character kinda thing them maybe an animal with more "responsibilities" would be interesting. Like a Krypto or bathound or even peter Porker. I think something like that could get a few chuckles.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am surprised that nobody mentioned "Slightly Damned" as a crossover for "Housepets!" yet. Since the members here also really like that comic and there are a few that read it. I actually have been reading that comic since 2008. Those were good times. Demons and jakkai would fit right in with the anthro pets.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I've personally never heard of "slightly damned".
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Heard of it, never read it.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would say you are missing out, but then again I know that there are different strokes for different folks.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

What's it about? I can only guys demons or something based on the title but I could also be very wrong.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You wanna know you should go and read it. It takes the fun out of it if I tell you everything.
Gael

Post by Gael »

Housepets + Epithet erased, I doubt it would ever happen but on the off chance it does I really wanna see it
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

If we're talking about just dragging and dropping characters into a setting. I'd like to see the "main cast" dropped into an R.L.Stine ish universe. Like, spooky but not terribly serious kind of spooky like a silent hill kinda thing. But if its a more serious one then . . . Maybe an Alan Wake kind of thing because of Res.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think them having been put in a spooky setting would work out well just as long as it didn't involve any sort of character death since I can't imagine that happening.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Exactly. IT's why I went more than a bit PG with the setting. Honestly I kinda really want an Alan Wake type story due to res and his books. Are you familiar with the series? It was a game a generation back or so, but it had a really Steven king meets twin peaks aesthetic and i loved it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not really heard much about it or know what it is to be honest. All I know is that it is a video game and that is it. :lol:
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Without singing its praises
, overall plot is this author goes to small town, there's a dark entity there. That entity feeds off of creative people and uses their work to alter reality. He essentially becomes trapped within one of his horror stories and has to fight against the influences of the presence to get a good ending. (Staying alive and saving everyone).