A few questions

Discuss the comic here
Foreigner

A few questions

Post by Foreigner »

This is the quote from review of the book 5:

"the overall serious story development is King, the human animal-hater turned into a Corgi by Pete the demigod-gryphon (long story), accepting his dog nature and falling in love with Bailey (Husky), and finally (the conclusion of Book 5) marrying her."

I do not rememeber when King accepted his dog nature. Can someone tell me when this occurred?
Maybe it occurred when he met Bailey (http://www.housepetscomic.com/2011/11/25/giving-thanks/). But he said "I'm still not sure if I want to be a dog forever"
My English is bad. Sorry for that.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: A few questions

Post by Obbl »

Well, beyond the fact that proposing marriage to a dog (by which one promises to spend the rest of one's life with that dog) probably means he's accepted his dog nature... ;)
There's these two strips which show King realizing (and finding some surprise) that even given the option to return to being human he doesn't want to. Then of course there's the ever famous "I will move heaven and earth to get you (Bailey)" line, which again seems to indicate that he is willing to do whatever it takes to remain with Bailey (i.e. actively working to remain a dog).
There isn't really a specific point where King says "I've accepted my dog nature" or anything like that, but it becomes apparent slowly but surely throughout the story that he's accepting the reality of the situation and then accepting that he is okay with that reality.
Foreigner

Re: A few questions

Post by Foreigner »

Obbl wrote:Well, beyond the fact that proposing marriage to a dog (by which one promises to spend the rest of one's life with that dog) probably means he's accepted his dog nature... ;)
There's these two strips which show King realizing (and finding some surprise) that even given the option to return to being human he doesn't want to. Then of course there's the ever famous "I will move heaven and earth to get you (Bailey)" line, which again seems to indicate that he is willing to do whatever it takes to remain with Bailey (i.e. actively working to remain a dog).
There isn't really a specific point where King says "I've accepted my dog nature" or anything like that, but it becomes apparent slowly but surely throughout the story that he's accepting the reality of the situation and then accepting that he is okay with that reality.

I thought that I could miss something. It's clear now.
Thanks a lot.
My English is bad. Sorry for that.