If there was a "HOUSEPETS Movie" Discussion

Discuss the comic here
That1Rebel

If there was a "HOUSEPETS Movie" Discussion

Post by That1Rebel »

I did not expect to come across this wonderfully funny comic featuring anthropomorphic pets on their random adventures and continually developed story. I will say, that I enjoyed every second of reading through this series. Adorable characters, comedic dialogue, and just pure fun for anyone. I would definitely wish for this to be a movie. If this comic ever does get a movie, there would be a few questions; Which studio would be willing to distribute it, who should direct the movie, how will the story go, what actors would you suggest, composer of the soundtrack, and is this comic popular enough? That is a lot of questions. I'd definitely go for Sony Pictures Animations as the studio.
Saturn381

Re: If there was a "HOUSEPETS Movie" Discussion

Post by Saturn381 »

Which studio would be willing to distribute it?
I'm not entirely sure.

Who should direct the movie?
Definitely Bryon Howard and Rich Moore (directors Zootopia).

How will the story go?
I would say something similar to the Peanuts Movie.

What actors would you suggest?
Well we already have a thread about who we think should voice the characters, but in terms of celebrities, I would say Anna Kendrick, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. Voicing who? I don't know yet.

Composer of the soundtrack?
Jeanine Tesori. Her score for the musical Fun Home fits Housepets to me.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think it'd work a lot better as a TV show, honestly! It tends to focus on shorter plots. When it gets long, it gets bogged down.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Sleet wrote:I think it'd work a lot better as a TV show, honestly! It tends to focus on shorter plots. When it gets long, it gets bogged down.
I don't think Rick could handle going through the whole "I liked this storyline better than the new/last one!" drama again.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Sleet wrote:I think it'd work a lot better as a TV show, honestly! It tends to focus on shorter plots. When it gets long, it gets bogged down.
Remember that also we had arcs as long as to make a movie (JF, HNE and BC5000)
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

There is a Housepets Animated thread on the forums, with several members currently working this particular projects. Can't wait to see it really.
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Silly Zealot wrote:
I don't think Rick could handle going through the whole "I liked this storyline better than the new/last one!" drama again.
Eh part of being a content creator is dealing with that crap. If he gets bigger than he is I'm sure people will start comparing him to Hitler, no matter what he does. If they haven't already.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

They have already.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other