Plots holes and goofs?

Discuss the comic here
scootydash

Plots holes and goofs?

Post by scootydash »

This topic is pretty much to talk about plot holes goofs and stuff of the such. ((also happy 1000 topic!!!!!!!!! :D))
Buster
Game Master

Re: Plots holes and goofs?

Post by Buster »

actually, if you look at the url, the forum has this indexed as topic 3862... we passed 1000 a while ago
Last edited by Buster on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
scootydash

Post by scootydash »

[quote="Buster"]actually, if you look at the url, the forum has this indexed as topic 3862...[/quo
I added the old topic thread number to the current topic number
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

...plot holes such as what? I tend to not notice things like that unless they're more than obvious. I'm not exactly the most observant of all of the details, despite trying to.

At best (worst? I don't know...), Grape's gender isn't treated as a shock to anyone anymore, just with Peanut and Max. I'm willing to accept if the rest of the pets learned offscreen, though.
Last edited by D-Rock on Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
scootydash

Post by scootydash »

D-Rock wrote:...plot holes such as what? I tend to not notice things like that unless they're more than obvious. I'm not exactly the most observant of all of the details, despite trying to.

At best (worst? I don't know...), Grape's gender isn't treated as a shock to anyone anymore, just with Peanut and Grape. I'm willing to accept if the rest of the pets learned offscreen, though.
Don't know if this is really a plot hole but more a filler is the 5000 bc thing where tarot should have and had to know how the game work and stop the who story arch before it started.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

One can see the future, but probably only what she needed or expected to know. She probably didn't expect someone related to the game from the past to show up after the events, and since demi-gods are not entirely omniscient during the game, Dragon wouldn't have known about it, either. Plus, when Tarot finally did speak up, she suggested that Dragon put a block on that specific part of history to keep Kitsune from taking action.
scootydash

Post by scootydash »

D-Rock wrote:One can see the future, but probably only what she needed or expected to know. She probably didn't expect someone related to the game from the past to show up after the events, and since demi-gods are not entirely omniscient during the game, Dragon wouldn't have known about it, either. Plus, when Tarot finally did speak up, she suggested that Dragon put a block on that specific part of history to keep Kitsune from taking action.
What I mean is tarot is a very smart character. She should have know the solution straight away for by what I know her life was centered around the game. She knows how it works she also know dragon wouldn't want to cheat in that way.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I think this strip answers that.
scootydash

Post by scootydash »

[/img]
D-Rock wrote:I think this strip answers that.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -weakness/
But this is how the thing end. What I'm saying is that tarot should have known this ahead of time through knowing the game rules and knowing dragon on a more than personal level. ((sorry don't know how to post pictures
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

D-Rock wrote:...plot holes such as what? I tend to not notice things like that unless they're more than obvious. I'm not exactly the most observant of all of the details, despite trying to.

At best (worst? I don't know...), Grape's gender isn't treated as a shock to anyone anymore, just with Peanut and Max. I'm willing to accept if the rest of the pets learned offscreen, though.
I thought that this strip explained that.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
scootydash

Post by scootydash »

tsMKG wrote:

I thought that this strip explained that.
OMG That passed right over my head :D
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

With Tarot, consider that she was suddenly thrust into this without Dragon to guide her. She was wracking her brain trying to figure out how space and time work to keep things from possibly going wrong. Basically, she's in a cosmic dilemma without the aid of someone who was likely her guide for a good chunk of her life. She had no idea how Kitsune would treat paradoxes, so her solution was really on a whim and out of desperation from being caught by Dragon in the past. Besides, when people panic, they rarely think straight.
scootydash

Post by scootydash »

D-Rock wrote:With Tarot, consider that she was suddenly thrust into this without Dragon to guide her. She was wracking her brain trying to figure out how space and time work to keep things from possibly going wrong. Basically, she's in a cosmic dilemma without the aid of someone who was likely her guide for a good chunk of her life. She had no idea how Kitsune would treat paradoxes, so her solution was really on a whim and out of desperation from being caught by Dragon in the past. Besides, when people panic, they rarely think straight.
Ok I see what your saying