The Badguys of Spot - Nit-Picking

Discuss the comic here
Tales

The Badguys of Spot - Nit-Picking

Post by Tales »

Reference: https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... s-of-spot/
Although, yes, the joke is that 'Y' is hard to work with, I think a better way to handle it would be as such:

B-Band
(of)
A-Absolutely
D-Devious
(and)
D-Diabolical
I-Individuals
(and)
E-Enemies
(of)
S-Spot (superdog)

(EDIT: Added 'diabolical' to correct for my misspelling of 'baddies'. I didn't use dastardly, just because the 'ly' setting there at the end before 'individuals' just didn't sit well with me.)

Are we the B.A.D.D.I.E.S.? Yes. Yes we are.

Words such as 'and', and 'of' are permissible to squeeze in; such as 'The United States of America' is shortened to 'USA'.

What do you guys think? Then again, as a Grammar Nazi, that 'Y' was gnawing at my soul.

-Sincerely, Tales
Last edited by Tales on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
My FA account: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tales19/

The best forum game in existence:
Dissension

Re: The Badguys of Spot - Nit-Picking

Post by Dissension »

Are we being nit-picky toward Rick's choices or those of the character?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Tales

Post by Tales »

Dissension wrote:Are we being nit-picky toward Rick's choices or those of the character?
Well, I guess nitpicking the intelligence of the villain. But since the villain is written by the author, I guess that means an ever so slight sigh towards Rick.
(All hail the opener of ways: Rick Griffin)

Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Yours is a very good alternative acronym. :) Anyway, the enemies of Spot (Superdog) are such incapable and clumsy "bad" guys (exactly like him :P) who wouldn't be able to make neither a good acronym for the name of their organization. ;) Then, with a correct letters acronym, we had to lose what happens in the penultimate and last panels. ;)
Dissension wrote:Are we being nit-picky toward Rick's choices or those of the character?
Maybe yes, maybe not, but I guess it was only an idea. :P Rick knows what he does with his works. ;)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

couple things:
first, if we are nitpicking the intelligence of the characters, then we are nitpicking Rick's ability to write Peanut's ability to write dumb bad guys. Rick's choice was a joke, Peanut's was either a joke or not the best writing, and the bad guy's was just stupidity which is in character for him.

second, I will now nitpick you. it would have to be B.A.D.D.I.E.S. so you'd need to add Dastardly for an extra D. unless you chose a different incorrect spelling on purpose to maintain the "dumb bad guy" joke, in which case you are nitpicking Rick's choice.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Tales

Post by Tales »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:second, I will now nitpick you. it would have to be B.A.D.D.I.E.S. so you'd need to add Dastardly for an extra D. unless you chose a different incorrect spelling on purpose to maintain the "dumb bad guy" joke, in which case you are nitpicking Rick's choice.
Actually, that would just be me forgetting there are two D's. Thank's for pointing that out. :)

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Is there anything y'all won't nitpick? XP

I like it how it is, personally!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!