Wish upon a star.

Discuss the comic here
Legotron123

Re: Wish upon a star.

Post by Legotron123 »

I don’t remember that bit of dialogue, and I’m pretty sure her bum of an owner said they were classes, but if it was some kind of sleepaway camp, that makes more sense* (though a month is still much too short for properly brainwashing someone). And I’ll admit, it’s likely that I’m only getting as upset as I am because it really did hurt to Sasha act like that, in a way that felt inherently wrong. Here’s this lovable little genki girl (hope I’m using that term correctly) whose mind has been horribly corrupted, and is now being forced to throw herself under the bus so some nutjob can get away with murder. And if it weren’t for Tarot, she likely would been forced to stay like that for a LONG time, and it would never completely go away. I hope you can understand why that would upset me.
* Though if it was some kind of camp, that actually makes me even madder, since it means that her swear word of an owner tried to send her to the pet equivalent of those “troubled teen” camps that torture kids into being blank slates that won’t stand up to their abusive parents.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I'm glad you feel so strongly for Sasha. I think that protective instinct toward her demonstrates the presence of character that Rick writes.

On a related note, my wish would be to see some serious comeuppance for Mr. Hartford for everything he's put Sasha through :evil:
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Yeah, let her live with a proper owner, someone who cares for her and won’t just use her as a poorly thought out scheme to pick up “babes.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

We should rename this topic to "Stuff That NEEDS To Happen In Housepets before It Ends" 8-)

I wish for more arcs that focus on minor characters. Like Tiger, Marvin and stuff.

I need a Bino trying to change his ways arc. But if something like that were to happen it would be one of the very last arcs for sure.

I wanna we Fido again. And Terrance. And hey why not add Kevin in there too? I love seeing the K9s, but I'm getting a little tired of Fox-

I wanna see King's pups grow up a bit. It doesn't have to be a lot. Just some.

I iust hope that all of my many unanswered questions are answered. Like, what happened in Bino's past to make him act like he does, or where did Tarot come from, or why Duchess decided to date Bino even though she clearly can't stand him, or anything else that I can't think of at the moment-

I really just want to get to know the characters better.
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

Tappy Too wrote: I wanna we Fido again. And Terrance. And hey why not add Kevin in there too? I love seeing the K9s, but I'm getting a little tired of Fox-

I wanna see King's pups grow up a bit. It doesn't have to be a lot. Just some.
I completely agree on that parts. (Don't disagree on the other points though)

I would love to see King's pups at least talking(like Snow's cubs now)
ImageImage
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Since I've bloviated a while number of possible arcs with third tier characters in the spotlight, let me agree in a different direction.

Part of what I've enjoyed about the current saga is seeing the geek squad - Dallas, Lester, Joey, and Squeak - getting some real face time and having some real character development. Dallas especially has refined his nerddom but become a more appealing, vulnerable personality. (Canzetyote must be delighted.) while Leader's still something of a jerk, he's also shown some real chops in the warrior's role. While he didn't show much change (although the story's not over yet!), the return of Rufus after lo these many years has been fun.

So, thanks, Rick, for funding some space in the panels and lines in the play for back row bunch. And thanks, gang, this fun and thoughtful thread. Keep the suggestions and reflections flying.
Regards.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

I want to see how Fido and Sabrina got together, I think that would be interesting. An arc where Fox finally finds someone to be with(who isn't dead/an angel). Something weird, but I think it would be interesting if something happened to Bino to make him stop being a jerk. Also, Tiger needs help with his... mental issues. Those be my wishes
Allons-y
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Agreed, SilverFox. And to flashback to Fido and Sabrina becoming a couple, you'd likely want to deal with her breakup with Maxwell, so there's another dimension to that arc which offers insight into a third emotionally complex character. (Truth time: I have kind of a love/hate attitude towards the little black kitty with the clapperless collar jingle bell.)

Another slant on Sasha ... why does she love her negligent, low-life "daddy" so? Like everyone else, I'd love to see Hartford get a come-uppance. Yet, I'm intrugued at this deeper side of Sasha that remains unexplored. Why does she defend the schmuck? (Remember how she bristled at King when he disparaged the man in a scene in Hartford's bottle-strewn living room?) of course, the question arises - if you explore a serious side of a character too much, will he/she become less funny? Still, I'd like to see the relationship explored at some time.

An adventure with the King puppies is due. Lost in the woods with Aunt Jessica (or Uncle Cory)? Cosmic tales or exploration with Uncle Kitsune (Truth Time: Not a fan of aliens).

Money-making scams with "Four-Finger Discount" Jack, Cory Skunk, and mortal Pete. ( But let's give Keene a break for a while; Rock or Pit would be fun, though).

The gang takes a flyer at baseball.. Another Imaginate is overdue...after all this serous cosmic Temple adventure, it's time for satire, one-liners, lunacy, and a late-night.

...And....why, yes, I do kinda pump this theme, a Fox-Daisy pairing. I'd like to see Daisy developed more after her startling appearance as a sensitive, intelligent pal to Sasha.

Regards.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

1. For Joel/King to actually repent. Honestly, it's debatable that he even actually permanently learned enough, and, there are at least a few moments in this series that just kind of feel out of character for him. He acts all deceptive, thinking no one would forgive him if they ever truly got to know the real him, bottling up as much of the real him and his real past as he can, and most of the important truths are either not revealed by him, or revealed too late. Truly, it would have been nice for him to have some faith in himself and those above him. He might think he's changed, but, as that one guest comic might reveal, he probably hasn't changed nearly enough. Especially not enough to warrant what he's put so many people through.

2. For Joel/King to realize he was never really alone. At least his dad still seemed to be around in a way, and, probably wasn't as bad as he really thought. Infact, one could argue he still kind of had a family with him, even if he seemed to bring a heap load of trouble with him wherever he went. And, yet, there are times he's acted like he's the utter and desperate type of alone, even with so many around him. Heck, even Dragon seems to have been concerned about him, even though she's apparently supposed to be on the opposite team.

3. -Potentially reserved for a future point in time-
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Over the course of the comic I began thinking about Peanut and Tarot more and I been wishing for them to just have a good life with one another whatever they need to have that happen. Considering the things Tarot did with Dragon i'm sure there is more to their relation than just puppy-love now and it's more of a leaning onto each other's shoulders through rough times. That being Tarot. Tarot really needs someone to lean her head on and Peanut is pretty much the shoulder she needs.

Grape and Max over the years hasn't changed my opinion on them, but that's the point - I felt they were good for each other since the moment Max found out about Grape's gender. Now as the comic gets older we find they have alot of good history that seems to hint they trust each other. We're just seeing how the bad hurts their good relation as time goes on. I'm curious to see this go as deeply as possible.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It's been quite a while since Tiger and Marvin have had center stage.
Gael

Post by Gael »

I wish to see more Res at some point...maybe even seeing him get the courage to put his own name on his books
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Really curious about the relation between Rufus and Maxwell. Might give us a little more insight into "Maxie" and his personality.