A kind of dark thought.

Discuss the comic here
dusk

A kind of dark thought.

Post by dusk »

I don't know if people have thought about this, or if it is just my dark mind at work, but could you imagine the horror of illegal dog fighting in the Housepets! universe? To keep this as PG as possible, I just want to say it is kind of something that makes you think and wonder, you know? Imagine being pit against a family member.

But, like I said, let's keep this PG. Just some food for thought.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
CanzetYote

Re: A kind of dark thought.

Post by CanzetYote »

It would probably be treated as the Housepets version of Fight Club or something.
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

I don't really know what to say about that...
So I'll just put in a link to a story that does involve that topic, but still manages to get around those gory and bad details.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... f=15&t=563
I think you have to the third part if you want any of that topic, though.
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

no different than gladitorial combat really.
and probably would have died out in popularity around the same time for the same reasons.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Agreed ... Although with all the buff folks around, a wrestling league could work. Pick-up or formal sports, outside of fighting for squeaky bones are unexplored themes for BGardens.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

There already is a thing where you train sapient beings to fight each other for the entertainment of audiences.

So I assume it wouldn't be that different from boxing or whatever. Presumably it would be less immoral/illegal than real dogfighting seeing as the pets can say yes or no to it. And it would presumably be safer.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Early on in Housepets!, we did encounter a very sinister character who abducted Maxwell and Fox so the intention of making them play "birthday games" (as opposed to Reindeer Game's) with his pet alligator, "Fluffy". While this episode does not equate to dog-fight gambling and so does not quite fit your concern, it does point to shadowy elements intruding into the Gardens,
Regards.