Does anyone you know remind you of the characters?

Discuss the comic here
CanzetYote

Does anyone you know remind you of the characters?

Post by CanzetYote »

Just wondering: Do you know anyone in real life who reminds you of a Housepets character? Here's what I think of:

-For some reason, my current roommate reminds me very much of Maxwell. I'm not sure why exactly, he just really does.

-Daniel, one of my ex-roommates reminds me very much of Joey. Both are really into D&D and are somewhat moody and lacking a sense of humor but ultimately good guys. All Daniel needed was some googles and he could easily pass as a human Joey.

-My student aide from my sophomore year in high school reminds me of Breel in a way.

-I have a co-worker from my old job who reminded me of Duchess. She had dark, wavy hair and would always insult people.

-In retrospect, my mother had a rather similar personality to Lucretia. She was really outgoing and had unorthodox parenting ways (One time I was suspended in high school for losing my temper at a kid who insulted my music and spitting on him, she punished me by making me watch an episode of the prison drama show Oz).

-Tiger reminds me very much of myself. Short temper, love of pizza, sleeps with stuffed animals, kinda self-centered, poor social skills. I also find Res and King pretty relatable personality wise.

That's all I can name off the top of my head.
Douglas Collier

Re: Does anyone you know remind you of the characters?

Post by Douglas Collier »

One of my roommates is a lot like Bino - self-centered, gloats and complains a lot, oblivious, and rude. Also a bit of Duchess, I suppose.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

I have a can have a very wild imagination, so would I be similar to Peanut in that way?
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I'm not sure whether CD or Lego reminds me more of joey... they're both massive nerds who despite being younger than me know way more than i do about some of my favorite things.

Though considering I used to own a TNG style fake starfleet uniform, and still have a model TOS Type-2 phaser, communicator, and tricorder (if i can ever figure out which box of knicknacks theyre in)... It's kinda obvious which one I am...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

That's a pretty comprehensive and well focused list, there, Cantzetyote. I don't experience you being quite as abrasive as Tiger, more with the ebullient of Peanut or Dallas.
HylianMadness

Post by HylianMadness »

The guy through whom I first found Housepets goes by King online, so my friend reminds me of King from the comic. It's not necessarily that they share personality traits, as my friend is usually more chipper and upbeat than King is. I just have this association since he was my introduction to the comic.
Hello.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

I know someone who reminds me of Bino with how rude he tends to be.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

My sister reminds me of Grape, sometimes fun, sometimes a giant party pooper. Also Fox kind of reminds me of myself in a way, but that's kind of irrelevant.
Allons-y
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Say, Silver, there's a quiz thread called "Which Housepets are you" or something titled like that. You might want to track it down and take it. It's kinda fun. (I got "Fox"; lot's "Joey" types in the forum.)