Keene and Breel so far

Discuss the comic here
zoogi1

Keene and Breel so far

Post by zoogi1 »

Edit: Topic was previously "How long have Keene and Breel known each other?"

I'm really weirded out by Breel and Keene being a couple, because, unless I'm forgetting something, they've only known each other two days

I only discovered the comic a month ago, and so only read thru the archive once, but, I only remember Breel and Keene meeting each other twice, and now they want to spend 50 years together?

1. Keene met Breel when he had a near death experience when an attempted drowning was made. Breel ran the all-ferret spa in heaven. Estimated time: several hours, and I assume Breel had other clients to attend to at the same time.
2. Breel volunteered to assist with the temple crashing. I'm assuming the temple crashing took less than a day real time, although there seemed to be time dialation during their stint in Pandamonium. However, it seems they escaped Pandemonium in under an hour after they met back up. I'll be generous and say that was 24 hours that added to their time together

Am I missing something? I find it very hard to believe that either of them would be this eager to make such a big committment to someone they've spent less than 48 hours with

Edit: Start of Keene's time in heaven: https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... the-river/
Last edited by zoogi1 on Wed May 09, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SuperStar

Re: How long have Keene and Breel known each other?

Post by SuperStar »

It was established in Heaven's Not Enough that time flows quick in Heaven, so Keene possibly spent a very long time getting to know Breel then.
zoogi1

Re: How long have Keene and Breel known each other?

Post by zoogi1 »

SuperStar wrote:It was established in Heaven's Not Enough that time flows quick in Heaven, so Keene possibly spent a very long time getting to know Breel then.
I was thinking about that, but Keene didn't realize he was in heaven while at the spa, and so I assume he left after what felt like a reasonable Earth time (several hours). I don't remember if he immediately departed after the spa or not back to his underwater car

Keene even says he only spent a short while with Breel in heaven before he left: https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... the-train/

All comics with or about Breel so far:
  1. the-first
  2. weasel-words
  3. the-crunchatorium-2
  4. food-for-thought
  5. paper-money
  6. cant-be-heaven-without-one
  7. shall-we-gather-at-the-train
  8. going-down-2
  9. end-of-year-nine
  10. not-keene-on-this
  11. that-a-ghost
  12. touched-by-an-angels
  13. scry-me-a-river
  14. synergy-bars
  15. lets-get-down-to-business
  16. eat-drink-and-be-merry
  17. full-frontal-contact
  18. sneeze-guard
  19. when-life-spills-your-milk
  20. mr-sandman
  21. leap-of-faith
  22. i-need-somebody
  23. double-hockey
  24. lesson-learned
  25. forget-you
  26. lest-you-forget
  27. rescue-me
  28. new-best-fiend
  29. seek-and-you-shall-find (First time Breel's gender is mentioned)
  30. everybodys-working-for-the-weekend
  31. give-the-devil-his-due
  32. 1-would-go-most-anywhere
  33. teeth-and-ambition
  34. love-will-set-you-free
  35. the-send-off
  36. goodbye
  37. rocks-fall-everyone
  38. give-up-the-ghost
  39. marta-con-carne
  40. a-life-well-lived
  41. its-been-awhile
After re-reading, I guess they aren't actually a couple. Breel's just a big flirt, and Keene likes it.

Edit: Apparently, there's such a thing as searching by character. Good to know: https://www.housepetscomic.com/character/breel/page/4
Last edited by zoogi1 on Wed May 09, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silly Zealot

Re: Keene and Breel so far

Post by Silly Zealot »

Meh, still had more build up than other relationships.

Remember when Jessica hated the Opener of Ways? Now they are dating.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Comic time is also weird, especially when not every event is shown on screen.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... and Breel "Going Mortal" is going to add whole new dimensions to the relationship. Like, say, house-breaking ....
Last edited by NHWestoN on Sun May 20, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

I mean, Tarot showed up with no build up and cuddled Peanut and then they were dating. Not unusual for this comic
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

I'm so sorry.

dusk

Post by dusk »

Oh my gosh that is awesome, yet absolutely terrible.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

If you got it, strut it ... love the swagger.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

It's important to remember to keep this in perspective; Keene and Breel are just in a relationship, they're not getting married yet or anything. Any relationship has to start somewhere. They aren't at the point where they'd die for each other, just to the point where they would undie for each other. Their relationship status is summed up nicely in Heaven On Earth; they don't need to stay together, but if they can, why not? As for Jessica and Zach, just because you hate someone doesn't mean you will stay hating them forever. Jessica disliked Zach because she thought he was a glorified glory-sponge who turned her impressionable friends into mindless followers, but when she met him she discovered the religion was founded and fully propagated by the other ferals and Zach was just caught in the middle. What they have in common that they are part of the small overlap that doesn't believe The Opener has magical powers and aren't involved much in "civilized society" (yes Zach's a pet and has modern conveniences, but the cats and dogs tend not to associate themselves with him making him feel left out).
The cape comes with the promotion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wonder how Keene and Breel are reacting to the "Heavenly Dome-ination"? We can assume on Eudoant's "activities" list is a warm, recreational reunion with these two Pandemonium "tourists". Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnot good, I'm guessin' :?