Is there any way to mass-download the comics?

Discuss the comic here
Padgriffin

Is there any way to mass-download the comics?

Post by Padgriffin »

I'm going on a flight, and want to binge read the comic on the 11 Hour (!) Flight, and don't feel like right clicking on every single panel.
What do you mean Griffins aren’t cute?
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Is there any way to mass-download the comics?

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm not sure that there is and even if there was, you would be going through 11 years worth of comics so it would take a long time and take up a LOT of space.

I don't claim to know for sure or am saying officially, that is just what I think. I could be wrong though.
Padgriffin

Post by Padgriffin »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm not sure that there is and even if there was, you would be going through 11 years worth of comics so it would take a long time and take up a LOT of space.

I don't claim to know for sure or am saying officially, that is just what I think. I could be wrong though.
I currently have all the comics from 2010-2013 and 2017-Current, with 875 Files, and the folder is only 411MB. I wrote a script that would simulate keystrokes to download the comics. Gonna enjoy them on my long flight tomorrow.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Sadly, I think the only way to get the comics en mass like that is by buying the books. And I don't think you have the time to get them before your flight, right? So... sorry.

Edit: Oh. I guess it's solved. Lol.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i would have just said buy the books and stick em in your cary-on, but too late now.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Padgriffin

Post by Padgriffin »

22xander wrote:Sadly, I think the only way to get the comics en mass like that is by buying the books. And I don't think you have the time to get them before your flight, right? So... sorry.

Edit: Oh. I guess it's solved. Lol.
Yeah, I wanted to get the books but can't afford them currently.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When exactly is the flight? On the days leading up to it, you could devote some time if only a few hours to download more comics.
Crazy_Simone

Post by Crazy_Simone »

I know it's late to reply this, But I do managed a way to download all comics from the site for a translation project.
I used Automator on Mac. The idea is to create a workflow and give it the like of the official archive link like this: https://www.housepetscomic.com/archive/ ... _year=2008
The workflow then catch all links in that page. Pick out every link starts with "https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/" and get all pics' link from these links. Then pick out all links start with "https://www.housepetscomic.com/wp-content/uploads/" and contains the currant year like "2008". Last, get all pics from these links in to a directory on your mac, you'll get all comics of that year! starting from 2008, you just need to run this 13 times to reach the year 2020!
The workflow looks like this: Image
And you'll get all of them like this:
I guess it doesn't matter if you can't read the text if you got the idea XD.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

There's always the Archives....
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

NHWestoN wrote:There's always the Archives....
There isn't when you don't have an internet connection, hence the entire point of this topic.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that he wouldn't have needed all of the comics because he would have gotten to his destination before he got to the present. Though he would still need to download a few arcs.