Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Discuss the comic here
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Post by Obbl »

No one's attempting to be condescending here, we're just giving it to you straight. This is the thread for "Arcs that would never happen but are fun to think about," so there's really no need to tell other's that their idea of "fun to think about" is boring to you. If the level of quality of posts here are not up to your standard, then post some ideas of your own :D
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

and nobody got the reference...
the show isn't even obscure...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If this is the case, then I want people to have fun thinking "Die Hard" arc though we all know it will never happen since it is way over the comic's rating. King can be McClain but we would need to think of who would be Hans Gruber because you know, he plummets out a window at the end. :3
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Hawkfang42 wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:the game
Dang it, you made me lose
Dang it, I made me lose.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

The core of Babylon Gardens is shaken to its core when Marvin is shockingly revealed to have been a dog in a cat costume this entire time. Joey just wonders where he got it.

Due to a mistake at the local classic car auction Karishad gets his paws on a World War II-vintage M4 Sherman tank. It goes exactly as you'd expect afterward.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Pit starts up a WWE-Style show
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

An arc where pets are trying to colonize another planet when Keene gets the big idea to do that for his next major project but along the way ends up getting the natives on the planet in question angry and they descend to Earth to plan their revenge and the pets of Babylon Gardens must band together in order to stop the menace that are the One-Eyed One-Horned Flying Purple Pet Eaters.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:An arc where pets are trying to colonize another planet when Keene gets the big idea to do that for his next major project but along the way ends up getting the natives on the planet in question angry and they descend to Earth to plan their revenge and the pets of Babylon Gardens must band together in order to stop the menace that are the One-Eyed One-Horned Flying Purple Pet Eaters.
Are they one eyed one horned and flying creatures that eat pets, one eyed one horned flying creatures that eat purple pets (feel sorry for grape if this is the correct answer), or are they creatures that eat one eyed one horned flying purple pets?
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hawkfang42 wrote:Are they one eyed one horned and flying creatures that eat pets, one eyed one horned flying creatures that eat purple pets (feel sorry for grape if this is the correct answer), or are they creatures that eat one eyed one horned flying purple pets?
yes.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The answer to that is 42. :lol:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

They should go to the beach. Just a trip to the beach. Part of me wonders if half of them have even seen the ocean. I know they live in the midwest so the coast isn't exactly "close" but it would still be fun to see them in other settings besides the neighborhood or the close vicinity.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:They should go to the beach. Just a trip to the beach. Part of me wonders if half of them have even seen the ocean. I know they live in the midwest so the coast isn't exactly "close" but it would still be fun to see them in other settings besides the neighborhood or the close vicinity.
Wasn’t focused on long, but I thought they got a bit of that experience when they went to Australia
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

fenrirblack wrote:They should go to the beach. Just a trip to the beach. Part of me wonders if half of them have even seen the ocean. I know they live in the midwest so the coast isn't exactly "close" but it would still be fun to see them in other settings besides the neighborhood or the close vicinity.
A trip to the beach is still a thing when you live in the Midwest, usually using a lake instead of the ocean. When you are dealing with lakes the size of the Great Lakes as you do in several states the effect is the same as it is still an endless horizon of water. Of course a "camping trip to the cabin on the lake" frequently serves the same purpose too, i.e. fun on the water.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Wasn’t focused on long, but I thought they got a bit of that experience when they went to Australia
I'm thinking more in terms of Grape and Peanut. I know they probably have never seen the ocean. Part of me wonders if they go on vacations. That actually could be fun as well. Just a pets vacation somewhere since we haven't done that in a while. I don't think the wolves camping trip counts. Plus it feels like every time they do something close to "having a vacation" it turns out to be a huge crisis or just lame. Go to Australia to rescue Bailey but they did return on a cruise which was good if not a little short and unnecessary. Go visit the family farm. Need I say more.

Maybe all the pets could decide to get together and go on a massive road trip. Rent an RV....Keene rents an RV. The main pets join him and Breel on a road trip to the coast. Something to make up for blowing up the spa. That would be five months well spent if Rick wanted to do something like the spa again and have several arcs take place under one umbrella.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm not sure that we will be seeing something like that again for at least a good while. I'm not saying I don't think it will happen, actually I think that it WILL but since we just had the spa arc we will have to be patient.

Still doesn't mean its not fun enough to think about. ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I will be disappointed in Rick if the spa arc(s) is the only time he goes full fanservice. Probably was nice for him as well as aside from Max’s backstory, a lot of the pages he could basically recycle the basic backgrounds on without it seeming lazy
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Well there was the bonus artwork on Facebook of them at the beach.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Well there was the bonus artwork on Facebook of them at the beach.
*Max’s thoughts at this moment* “Ow! I already lost part of my ear because of [redacted], and now seafood is trying to turn me into a bobcat. This little dude is definitely a crabcake after I pry him off”
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

There’s also that picture of Pete at the beach which makes me wonder.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wonder if a demigod can ever enjoy relaxing at the beach? 8-)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Probably the only time they ever get to relax....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pete and Dragon seemed to be relaxed trying to beat each other in D&D games while manipulating the lives of mortals. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Determined to bring ferals into Milton Enterprises, Lana unwittingly hire Stewart/Badger for accounting - and "transformations" ensue.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As long as the people that didn't deserve it get a choice of being changed back, I'm game. This is Stew-Badger's punishment though for aligning with Thomas. ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Figured that would get worked out as the saga unfolds … maybe with a little help from GKitsune.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As long as it isn't permanent to people who don't deserve it unless they want to stay animals, I'm all for it.
Padgriffin

Post by Padgriffin »

Freaky-Friday style swap with King and Fox.
What do you mean Griffins aren’t cute?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since we have Mario apparently being swapped while transformed, what about everybody else getting their genders changed?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Sounds like one of those alternate realties where everyone is the opposite gender than their familiar counterparts.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah but they wouldn't have been born that way in this universe and they would have been changed.

On another note, my father as a female is disturbing to think about to say the least. Same with my mother as a male. My youngest sibling wouldn't change because she's gender-fluid.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The Good Ol' Dogs Club tries to raise money through a variety of ill-conceived projects from cookie sales to car washes.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

NHWestoN wrote:The Good Ol' Dogs Club tries to raise money through a variety of ill-conceived projects from cookie sales to car washes.
But the cookies secretly mind control the people, and they put soap in the gas tank of all the cars they wash.
Rp characters
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that the GODC may actually be malicious and vile but I don't think they are outright EVIL so they wouldn't purposely try to ruin things. Especially if they wanted to earn money through it but somehow failed.
Gael

Post by Gael »

Everyone discovers the existance of the fourth wall, after which they break it to see what would happen, after which they discover the audience and start taking fan mail, but the lack of a fourth wall and all this stuff coming from an Alternate universe nearly ends the world and they reseal the fourth wall never to speak of it again
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh how I would just love a non-canon arc where they all get fan mail and answer it and we can send Rick questions but it is an arc that is never gonna happen. ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gael wrote:Everyone discovers the existance of the fourth wall, after which they break it to see what would happen, after which they discover the audience and start taking fan mail, but the lack of a fourth wall and all this stuff coming from an Alternate universe nearly ends the world and they reseal the fourth wall never to speak of it again
The gang breaks down the fourth wall and finds themselves trapped in "The Family Circus."
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

An arc in heaven where we catch up with Rufus and the Sabertooth.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Any arcs that have more Rufus in it will be a plus for me! :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Peanut and Grape try to organize a "Cats vs Canines" baseball game. To everyone's surprise (including their own), Joey and Maxwell are pretty good, "Discount Jack" tries his hand (so to speak) at selling popcorn and snacks, Cory tries to fix the game by getting Trinket to knock hits "foul", Daisy proves to be a sharp umpire, and the game ends when Bino hits the ball out of the park and through Duchess's window. She is heartily displeased.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And she sends her heavies after everyone. :D