Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Discuss the comic here
NHWestoN

Re: Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Post by NHWestoN »

"Discount Jack" introduces the ferals to poker and wins THE COIN off of Badger.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Sun May 26, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

An arc where Draig wants a shot at dating Peanut, so Kitsune changes her mortal form to be more accommodating and gives her three days to get him to kiss her.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm not sure Kitsune would try to give Draig any sort of incentives or a prize. She IS supposed to be punished after all.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm not sure Kitsune would try to give Draig any sort of incentives or a prize. She IS supposed to be punished after all.
RP possibility then? Kitsune probably misses the U&U sessions, even he’s not experiencing time in the same way Draig and Craig are, he probably would spring at the chance to kinda continue the game
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I mean, this thread is called "Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about". Not likely to happen is pretty much a guarantee around here :P
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Cats take over the world.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

What could be fun (but I don't think it will happen) is an arc in which somehow a door to another dimension opens up and some of the pets are drawn inside.
The other dimension would be one, in which Pets are their own independ beings and it's also some sort of sword&magic world.
I know we had some fantasy arc with Temple crashers (both of them) but I would also like to see how the Pets would react to a world in which they dominate and humans don't exist :mrgreen:
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Rick! Housepets spin-off! Take my money! :lol:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Obbl wrote:Rick! Housepets spin-off! Take my money! :lol:
Shh!

Saving that for Housepets! The Next Generation :3
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He does that and I will start saving money up now to give to him when it begins.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

1001 Feragan Nights - a book about an alternate universe where Sabrina is trying to delay her wedding to Jata by keeping him up each night with fascinating stories, and each morning he falls asleep and sleeps through the wedding day.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Mungo asks Rex to teach him to bake at the Good Ol' Dogs Club - result: demolition and donuts.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't be opposed to that if it also included flying pastries. :)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote:Mungo asks Rex to teach him to bake at the Good Ol' Dogs Club - result: demolition and donuts.
I’m for anything that involves donuts being served.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Even if the donuts turn out not to be edible? :P
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Even if the donuts turn out not to be edible? :P

That might make the arc funnier, actually, imagine the club members thinking that their clubhouse might be destroyed but at least they have donuts, and the donuts turn out to be inedible.
Last edited by trekkie on Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

For that to be funny and not totally sad, the clubhouse has to somehow still be erect in one piece. :lol:

Also, Bino needs to get hit in the face with batter.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Well, the clubhouse itself is still standing but everything inside is destroyed, and Bino tries to get cocky and take over the donut making only to get whacked in the face by batter ejected by an out of control (thanks to Bino) mixer.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Good lord I think I like it! Why hasn't Rick hired you as a consultant? XD
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Tiger and Marvin get a call from Zach saying that the Opener cult is holding him against his will and they need to come rescue him.

Marvin: Come on, Tiger. Zach needs our help.
Tiger: Why should I help him?
Mavin: He's our friend and former housemate.
Tiger:.............
Marvin: *Sigh. Because if you don't help, I'll tell Jerry that you started a tab at the pizza place under his name.
Tiger: What are you waiting for? Zach needs our help.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is it wrong for me to think that Marvin also wouldn't care about Zach and that he was being held captive since Zach like almost everybody else seems to have forgotten about him?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I have faith that Marvin would care. He’s put up with Tiger all these years so the dude must have a heart of gold.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Either that or he just tunes that and everything out and is completely apathetic to everything and anything which admittedly, I can also see being a possibility.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The Sandwiches eventually get their own version of a Flanders family - the Toast family.

And they are twice as good as Peanut and Grape ~ Peanut Toast and Grape Toast.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Inspired by the Temple adventure and Keene's bullion ambitions, Lester, Dallas, Joey and Squeak decide to hunt for pirate Treasure. Starting at the roots of Jessica's treehouse.
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

Itsuki goes home to help his family in Japan for a week but somehow the whole thing turns into Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Kari gets everyone into a pun-off competition?
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Somebody would need a lot of tomatoes to throw at everybody. XD
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Somebody would need a lot of tomatoes to throw at everybody. XD
Considering I’m sure Kari is a character that Rick let’s have hammerspace (hopefully I don’t need to explain that term) I’m sure he’ll pull out more than enough for everyone
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

There will never be enough tomatoes for me to throw at pets. 8-)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Somebody would need a lot of tomatoes to throw at everybody. XD
Considering I’m sure Kari is a character that Rick let’s have hammerspace (hopefully I don’t need to explain that term) I’m sure he’ll pull out more than enough for everyone
I didn't know there was a generic term for that until know.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I didn't know until "Courage the Cowardly Dog" introduced it to me via TVTropes. :D
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

Rex gets amnesia after he is hit on the head as one of Bino's schemes goes wrong, leading him to become convinced he's a tour guide for European travelers. Everyone would work to get him help but not until after he's done taking them on a beautiful tour of historic Copenhagen.

With NHL players unavailable it now somehow falls to Fox to save America's pride by leading the U.S. Men's Hockey team to the gold medal at the Winter Olympics. The fact this role has somehow fallen to a random dog underscores how seriously we're in trouble. King is forced to lace up his skates for the first time as a corgi as while he was still Joel he briefly had a three-game stint as a goon with the Erie Otters and the whole "I got turned into a dog" thing isn't as relevant as trying to get players with some kind of pro or semi-pro experience.

The Devil comes to Babylon Gardens looking for souls to steal as he's in a bind and way behind, looking to make a deal. When he comes across Fiddler and Keys performing, playing their instruments hot, he jumps up on hickory stump and forces them into a musical duel for their souls. Fiddler and Keys beat him and banish him back to Hell and in exchange receive a solid gold Gibson Les Paul guitar for their efforts...which is worthless as neither one of them knows how to play guitar.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote:Rex gets amnesia after he is hit on the head as one of Bino's schemes goes wrong, leading him to become convinced he's a tour guide for European travelers. Everyone would work to get him help but not until after he's done taking them on a beautiful tour of historic Copenhagen.
that sounds familiar...
Elwood Blutarsky wrote:With NHL players unavailable it now somehow falls to Fox to save America's pride by leading the U.S. Men's Hockey team to the gold medal at the Winter Olympics. The fact this role has somehow fallen to a random dog underscores how seriously we're in trouble. King is forced to lace up his skates for the first time as a corgi as while he was still Joel he briefly had a three-game stint as a goon with the Erie Otters and the whole "I got turned into a dog" thing isn't as relevant as trying to get players with some kind of pro or semi-pro experience.
that's ridiculous. and i think it's also a mighty ducks movie.
Elwood Blutarsky wrote:The Devil comes to Babylon Gardens looking for souls to steal as he's in a bind and way behind, looking to make a deal. When he comes across Fiddler and Keys performing, playing their instruments hot, he jumps up on hickory stump and forces them into a musical duel for their souls. Fiddler and Keys beat him and banish him back to Hell and in exchange receive a solid gold Gibson Les Paul guitar for their efforts...which is worthless as neither one of them knows how to play guitar.
and THAT is a rehash of an old music video for a well known song.

if you're going to go THAT far, you may as well have the 200th arc be a handful of characters sitting around bemoaning the absurdity of Pit's latest cinematic endeavor that they have the misfortune of critiquing the script of, and making nonstop inside jokes about the production of the actual comic. all while Bino periodically tries to "Pitch" bad knockoffs of animes from joey's collection to Pit, but gets caught a few sentences in each time, until he finds one so obscure it stumps pit.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So basically what Elwood wants to do is make the next arc a parody of some media we saw before? :geek:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So basically what Elwood wants to do is make the next arc a parody of some media we saw before? :geek:
This is the place for arcs that would never happen, honestly it fits the theme pretty well
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that is true but I don't know. To me, it sounds kind of lazy. :|
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Because it's arcs that are fun to think about :roll: Just cause it doesn't jive with your idea of fun doesn't mean you gotta poo-poo it, y'all
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Agreed, a mild rule of thumb for the future, if it’s in here, the author of the idea likely knows these are ideas they don’t predict will show up, and might not even be good if they were to be made. Try to keep that in mind and just laugh about it if someone actually got a prediction right
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wasn't trying to be demeaning when I said that. It was just my own thoughts when it came to thinking up arcs and that they weren't original.

Honestly, I'm starting to get annoyed that people can have such a level on condescension if I ask a question or I post something somebody doesn't agree with.