Does anyone else...

Discuss the comic here
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: Does anyone else...

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Pit is also the one that likes working behind cameras and making reality shows and had to be THREATENED by Cerberus to allow Bailey, Tarot and Sabrina to come home with them.

Give it time. I'm sure Lana has some vices.
I thought Rock was the camera guy, did I mix them up? What does he do again?
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

You're right, Rock is the "behind the camera" guy. Pit is the one who hosted the Eating Contest. Simon's the one I forgot to mention.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Pit is also the one that likes working behind cameras and had to be THREATENED by Cerberus to allow Bailey, Tarot and Sabrina to come home with them.
Um, no. That was Rock. As for the question of how to tell the six ferrets apart... I don't really have any memory tricks. Keene has had enough screen time he should be memorable, Lana is the only girl, Rock is a producer/directer, Duke is the least intelligent (he's not stupid, just less experienced (he's only four years old)), Simon is the attention hog, and Pit is the most carefree with money. All I can recommend is practice and referring to the cast page often.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

So someone awhile back told me both Fiddler and Keys are females and are in a relationship... guess one half of that statement was correct. I would love it if the cast list was still somewhere on the comic hosting site, it seems really charming
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The most that's been confirmed is that one of them is female and that they're in a relationship. Not even the old character site revealed who was which.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

D-Rock wrote:The most that's been confirmed is that one of them is female and that they're in a relationship. Not even the old character site revealed who was which.
So one of the Mr. Bigglesworth problems split between two characters huh? That's neat
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that it hasn't been confirmed and most likely never will be but I always assumed Keys was the male and Fiddler was the female. Most calico cats are female, but Fiddler could be an exception to the rule.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I know that it hasn't been confirmed and most likely never will be but I always assumed Keys was the male and Fiddler was the female. Most calico cats are female, but Fiddler could be an exception to the rule.
there's a reason male calicos are super rare and always sterile. as far as i'm aware fur color in domestic cats is stored on the gender chromosomes, and the 'y' chromosome doesn't really have room for much of anything beyond the faint discolorations tabby's have, so a third fur color (white, pigment a, pigment b) indicates two x chromosomes with differing pigments stored on them. in Fidler's case, that means either she is a girl, or he has trisomy errors in his DNA.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Think I recall reading about that. But doesn't Fiddler only have two colors? Likely not a calico in that case.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Fiddler is tan with brown spots it looks like so I don't know where they got the fact that they are a calico from. Then again I only saw their front and not their back.

Though once again, if Fiddler is a male, he could be an exception. A few years ago almost about a decade ago, we had a calico cat. My mother told me that her FATHER was the calico. If that is true, then he was one out of 10,000 male calicos that were fertile.

Cat genetics always fascinated me. Over a decade ago, my uncle had a Siamese cat that had kittens. Three were siamese, one was pure black and the other was pure orange.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I wonder if this was ever debated in one of the older topics on the forum? Either way, if I had to guess, Keys seems like the more likely male one. Don't know why, thats just my hunch. Wonder if we could ask Rick? I dont think theres any reason for him to keep that detail a secret other than maybe a little bit of deliberate trolling over time
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Oh-ho-ho yeah, there have been discussions on that :lol:
Keeping it a secret is definitely Rick trolling us, but he has actually let a gendered pronoun slip once in an interview a long time ago. I just don't recall which way it went :mrgreen:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Obbl wrote:Oh-ho-ho yeah, there have been discussions on that :lol:
Keeping it a secret is definitely Rick trolling us, but he has actually let a gendered pronoun slip once in an interview a long time ago. I just don't recall which way it went :mrgreen:
That might explain why someone told me they thought they were both female... are people sure one of them is male and the other female?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm trying to understand cat fur patterns more these days since i rarely get the chance to see an actual cat expert, but from my experience and online information, most pure bred black cats are generally male and most of the white you see on a cat comes from the female side of the genetics. Cats generally follow three fur patterns, but females tend to have the most colors mixed up in their fur patterns. That's why i'm under the belief Keys is the male and Fiddler is the female. But you never know :3

And yes. Rick stated one is female and the other is male.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:I'm trying to understand cat fur patterns more these days since i rarely get the chance to see an actual cat expert, but from my experience and online information, most pure bred black cats are generally male and most of the white you see on a cat comes from the female side of the genetics. Cats generally follow three fur patterns, but females tend to have the most colors mixed up in their fur patterns. That's why i'm under the belief Keys is the male and Fiddler is the female. But you never know :3

And yes. Rick stated one is female and the other is male.
Huh neat... guess that makes Sabrina an oddball for another reason then... speaking of, feels odd nobody is bringing up the fact she's a dog lover in the comic aside from that outburst from Fox, and even then it seemed more like he was indirectly getting upset at Fido and not Sabrina
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Just did a quick check, there's a 1:3000 chance of a calico being male, and this is due to having an extra X chromosome that shows the trait. Also only a 1:10000 that it will be fertile.

Good luck getting a breeding calico male with those odds. :shock:

Genetics are weird.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Back when there were comments under the strips, this is what Rick posted in one of them:
Nobody claimed Fiddler looked female
Then in ANOTHER strip, he commented with this:
Keys is here to explain but we'll ignore his words coming from his word-hole because that's easier
The first comment seems to point to people not realizing Fiddler was female and the second one may have bveen a slip-up.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

dayzee i think you just solved the oldest mystery on the forum...
D-Rock wrote:Think I recall reading about that. But doesn't Fiddler only have two colors? Likely not a calico in that case.
keep in mind that white fur isn't a pigment, it's a lack of it. it's the two pigments that take up space on the chromosomes.
D-Rock wrote:Just did a quick check, there's a 1:3000 chance of a calico being male, and this is due to having an extra X chromosome that shows the trait. Also only a 1:10000 that it will be fertile.
Huh. with odds like that, i can see where the idea that it was always false might come from. you could easily breed 30 million kittens, and maybe get a single viable male calico, since the probability would apply separately to each of em instead of cumulatively.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Heh, I wish Rick was more active in the forums like he seemed to be when he first was on, I'd love to see how he'd react to this if we arent off
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Unfortunately, a lot of feedback was argumentative and hostile for a while

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Which is a shame to say the least. Still, I suppose it’s pretty lucky he’s still here at all, I’m sure he’s busy with tons of stuff, the comic just being the most visible thing
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorta like Kitsune, Rick probably prefers watching being amused to the stickiness of over-engagement.