Does anyone else...

Discuss the comic here
Viridis Volpes

Does anyone else...

Post by Viridis Volpes »

Enjoy sipping beer and starting from the beginning all over again? I know I do :D Second time for me (this week). Long time reader, first time poster
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: Does anyone else...

Post by Gameb18oy »

Not the beer part, but yeah I enjoy a look back every now and then, especially as I can pick and choose a bit more now that I’m caught up on the plot... will say the character designs of the black and white days was pretty bad though, I forgot how much Fox looked like the cats back in the day
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Actually, I enjoy the black-and-white strips, too. It's all good - with or without an accompanying libation.
Viridis Volpes

Post by Viridis Volpes »

That second page makes me chuckle every time
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Was actually considering doing this again. Maybe not the beer part, but it's fun to re-read every once in awhile.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

You know speaking of the black and white days, you think we’ll see the zoo animals again now that poncho has a job there? I really want to see these little guys more
Attachments
4C8A0F12-EB3F-4287-A736-1E1ADBAA87F7.png
4C8A0F12-EB3F-4287-A736-1E1ADBAA87F7.png (201.18 KiB) Viewed 15773 times
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I reread every once in a while. I have a cycle I go through with all my webcomics. I'm rereading TwoKinds right now then who knows what.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I start rereading from the beginning, my OCD will make me stop reading the newest comics and I'll be several years behind. When I first started reading the comic, it took me 2 months to get caught up. I doubt I will be able to get caught up now.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Ship Grape and Joey
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

grape still needs to figure out how to properly balance dating max and peanut without hurting either of them (and hiding pomeranian bodies). not an easy thing to do. other characters aren't even on the table yet.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:grape still needs to figure out how to properly balance dating max and peanut without hurting either of them (and hiding pomeranian bodies). not an easy thing to do. other characters aren't even on the table yet.
Don’t you mean dating Max and Res? I think the crush Peanut has was one sided and is mostly gone now aside from when Rick decides to tease the shippers
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Gameb18oy wrote:You know speaking of the black and white days, you think we’ll see the zoo animals again now that poncho has a job there? I really want to see these little guys more
I'd like to see them more often, too; the last time Tarmac and Gambit showed up was a couple years ago.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Buster wrote:grape still needs to figure out how to properly balance dating max and peanut without hurting either of them (and hiding pomeranian bodies). not an easy thing to do. other characters aren't even on the table yet.
Don’t you mean dating Max and Res?
nope.
Gameb18oy wrote: I think the crush Peanut has was one sided and is mostly gone now aside from when Rick decides to tease the shippers
Lies! Lies and slander!
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Can't wait until Grape becomes the undisputed queen of shipping.

And all she does is sleep all day.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:Can't wait until Grape becomes the undisputed queen of shipping.

And all she does is sleep all day.
Becomes? She already is involved with most of the popular ships
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Dissension wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:You know speaking of the black and white days, you think we’ll see the zoo animals again now that poncho has a job there? I really want to see these little guys more
I'd like to see them more often, too; the last time Tarmac and Gambit showed up was a couple years ago.
I wonder why the zoo keepers didn’t do anything to get them out of the frozen pond. Also could go for seeing how that tiger guy looks now that Rick can handle buff bodies a bit more. I think Poncho got a job there so Rick has an in now if he ever wants to do another Zoo arc, heck considering he clearly likes the Roos (which I’m sure isn’t for biased reasons) giving them a short arc and for reasons unknown to me, involving them in the Bailey Retrieval arc, I’m surprised we didn’t see more arcs featuring the zoo... also just a random thought I want to bring up, you think we’ll ever see how circuses work in the Housepets universe? I mean lion taming probably isn’t as impressive when it likely looks more like a therapy session in this world
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

But what about lion wrestling?
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:But what about lion wrestling?
Why does Grape’s Pridelands fanfics have to do with the circus?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now I have an image of Max!Parnok wrestling with an evil lion rogue. :|
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Now I have an image of Max!Parnok wrestling with an evil lion rogue. :|
To the Fan Fiction section!
Gameb18oy wrote: also just a random thought I want to bring up, you think we’ll ever see how circuses work in the Housepets universe? I mean lion taming probably isn’t as impressive when it likely looks more like a therapy session in this world
To your point, I would be interesting to see how mundane things would work like the circus. It would be more extravagant to say the least. The animals would most likely be doing the things that the humans do like juggle, trapeze walk, ride motorcycles through flaming rings. I assume they would have their own trailers and staff waiting on them.
Then there's things like Seaworld or the Animal Kingdom at Disney World. Rick could do an arc spoofing those (avoid copyright infringement) and show the more extravagant side of animal entertainment. I wonder if animal mascots are just animals in the HPU?
Gameb18oy wrote: Also could go for seeing how that tiger guy looks now that Rick can handle buff bodies a bit more.
I've always wanted to see Shardul again. I would love an arc featuring a tiger whether it be Shardul at the zoo or the one Duke bought. I wonder what happened to him? An arc featuring exotic pets would be NICE. :lol:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Now I have an image of Max!Parnok wrestling with an evil lion rogue. :|
To the Fan Fiction section!
Gameb18oy wrote: also just a random thought I want to bring up, you think we’ll ever see how circuses work in the Housepets universe? I mean lion taming probably isn’t as impressive when it likely looks more like a therapy session in this world
To your point, I would be interesting to see how mundane things would work like the circus. It would be more extravagant to say the least. The animals would most likely be doing the things that the humans do like juggle, trapeze walk, ride motorcycles through flaming rings. I assume they would have their own trailers and staff waiting on them.
Then there's things like Seaworld or the Animal Kingdom at Disney World. Rick could do an arc spoofing those (avoid copyright infringement) and show the more extravagant side of animal entertainment. I wonder if animal mascots are just animals in the HPU?
Gameb18oy wrote: Also could go for seeing how that tiger guy looks now that Rick can handle buff bodies a bit more.
I've always wanted to see Shardul again. I would love an arc featuring a tiger whether it be Shardul at the zoo or the one Duke bought. I wonder what happened to him? An arc featuring exotic pets would be NICE. :lol:
Didn’t Rick already get to that idea on the animal kingdom when the Milton’s had that theme park built?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:Didn’t Rick already get to that idea on the animal kingdom when the Milton’s had that theme park built?
You know to this day I have no idea what the point of "Theme Park World" was. There were a few good jokes like "Slushy the overpriced Slush Drink" which is still one of the best jokes ever made but I found the entire concept of a "theme park themed" theme park was honestly just really bad and not at all funny.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I found it funny in a mildly deranged, Alice-in-Wonderland sort of way ... but, yeah, not a favorite ...
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Didn’t Rick already get to that idea on the animal kingdom when the Milton’s had that theme park built?
You know to this day I have no idea what the point of "Theme Park World" was. There were a few good jokes like "Slushy the overpriced Slush Drink" which is still one of the best jokes ever made but I found the entire concept of a "theme park themed" theme park was honestly just really bad and not at all funny.
Watch it Fenrir, I like that arc, and I think it’s purpose was just giving us a sense of how the Milton’s can use their wealth, and while it tends to be extravagant, they like to involve the less wealthy in enjoying that stuff. It especially makes sense when you consider it wasn’t that long after the Miltons were introduced, and Rick clearly set them up as rich children basically, Simon (or is Pit the one I’m thinking of?) still carries that trait to a noticeable degree.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Sometimes an arc only needs to be goofy fun.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It could have been goofy fun with real names for the rides. I mean the “funventure” thing was good. Rick could have easily had a fun goofy arc without resorting to that kind of meta-humor. Heck, he could have slapped “fun” in front of each ride name and it would have been more appealing.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm up for revisiting that arc as long as there is another pie fight. :P
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Will admit, while I adore the arc, I only found the odd naming joke funny when it was introduced plus the ending punch line of the arc, and they weren’t such great jokes that I think nothing having names that properly setup what they were was worth it or made sense to do in story.The ferrets aren’t idiots, considering it seems like they also bring in money on top of their dad’s inheritance, and considering most of them work in entertainment industries, they honestly should be amazing at the very least at making clever puns for the rides... now that I think about it, the amusement park is probably the first arc that should have gotten a part 2, not temple crashers
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Well, I suppose it's not for everyone :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Unless there's another eating contest.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope Rick uses cakes instead of pies this time! :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

With a decided preference towards Boston Crème (excellent aerodynamics at medium range!).
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Aaaaand that's enough pies for now, let's get back on topic :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Um ... er ... okay. Anybody else wonder what lunacies are transpiring at Milton Manor without Keene around? Poor Jeeves!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't be surprised if the mansion had completely collapsed by now. Keene may be as bonkers as his siblings but out of all of them, he was the most sane. Without him, it's probably utter bedlam over there. :lol:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Um ... er ... okay. Anybody else wonder what lunacies are transpiring at Milton Manor without Keene around? Poor Jeeves!
Keene wasn’t the one who snuck the tiger in, Jeeves is just as overworked as usual, and he’d probably be happier if the youngest Milton got a job so he could clean in peace or whatever that butler does
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Keene can be just as insane as the rest of them. Only difference is occasionally he has moments of clarity in order to keep them all in check. LOL
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Keene can be just as insane as the rest of them. Only difference is occasionally he has moments of clarity in order to keep them all in check. LOL
Well Lana hasn’t had any crazy moments (yet), and I think Rock actually is pretty stable himself... does anyone know how to tell those other two apart? I just remember both of them wear sunglasses and I think huge fur coats (which is kinda disturbing if you think too hard about it) and that’s about it.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Pit wears the fur coats and Elton John sunglasses. Duke is just portrayed as being somewhat simple.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pit is also the one that likes working behind cameras and making reality shows and had to be THREATENED by Cerberus to allow Bailey, Tarot and Sabrina to come home with them.

Give it time. I'm sure Lana has some vices.