Why not do a Male Cat + Girl Dog couple?

Discuss the comic here
TigerShark20

Why not do a Male Cat + Girl Dog couple?

Post by TigerShark20 »

I'm big fan of the Comic and I notic that no one done a couple with a Boy Cat and Girl Dog. So why not? I ask as we haven't seen that in the Comic.

It's the same with most artists, whenever you see cat/dog couples it almost always a girl cat and boy dog.

I do my own characters and I do a Boy Cat and Girl Dog couple.
Last edited by TigerShark20 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: Why not do a Male Cat + Girl Dog couple?

Post by Gameb18oy »

Odd first reply on the forum to make. Regardless, I don’t think this should be a topic under announcements and feedback, you might want to move this to the comic section, or fan projects/not the comics if you’re talking more about just in fictional works in general
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I can't speak for other works of art, but my guess for why in this comic there aren't very many boy cat and girl dog couples stems from the low numbers of boy cats and girl dogs in general. Unless existing couples were broken up or new named characters were introduced, the only possible boy cat and girl dog couple left would involve Daisy with Marvin, Res, Jasper or Delusional Steve, most of those being throwaway characters.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It's a shame that we have to list Marvin as being with the throwaway characters when I really think he deserves his own arc. Besides, judging on the reaction, this could help Tiger deal with the other dogs teasing him about hanging around with a cat or hurt him as they accuse him of luring one of their own to his "side". I wouldn't mind seeing a Marvin!Female Dog pairing.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Again, this is a bit off topic but I, too, would like to see Marvin have a bit more stage time, and as more than a foil to Tiger. Tiger can sustain a story as the lead by himself. Marvin could make a good partner with any of the other cats and maybe even with Zachery Rabbit (they are cordial with each other). And, again again, a couple more cat characters wouldn't hurt. The Barn Cats around?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Marvin doesn’t even get to be a straight man to Tiger due to Zach honestly, Rick can’t get rid of him though so I’d really like if he found something to do with that or cat

... also, how dare anyone suggest Res is a throwaway character
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

You know, you might get your wish someday now that there is a topic on it. :3

I'm surprised myself we haven't found a couple like this, but keep hoping!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:It's a shame that we have to list Marvin as being with the throwaway characters when I really think he deserves his own arc.
Gameb18oy wrote:... also, how dare anyone suggest Res is a throwaway character
Um, are either of you being serious? I wrote that as Daisy, Jasper and Delusional Steve were the throwaway characters and Marvin and Res were the exceptions that made me say "most" instead of "all".
The cape comes with the promotion.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:It's a shame that we have to list Marvin as being with the throwaway characters when I really think he deserves his own arc.
to be fair, his sole purpose appears to be to contrast against tiger's instability.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Which sometimes isn’t even needed due to Zach filling that role whenever he’s back home and not around his girlfriend
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm kind of sad that Zach seems to have been more fleshed out than Marvin and it would be cool to see him in his own arc.
TigerShark20

Post by TigerShark20 »

It look like most think that Marvin should be with a girl dog and if I'm honest I like the sound of that too.

I aslo feel that Res should be with a female dog. I don't why, it may be becasue it would be so unexpected.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm actually on board with Marvin being best buddies with Maxwell and doing something dorky like hanging out with him Maxwell's crazy ideas at times. and maybe with Grape at times. x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just as long as we see more Marvin and he just isn't in a fly-by appearance, I would be fine with ANYTHING.
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

I AGREE
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I ALSO...

On a different topic, pairing Res with ANYBODY will have to factor Grape's reaction into the saga ….
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

and then a certain single mom wildcat we were introduced to recently catches him in tiger form, and tries to set him up with her previously-unrevealed niece, thinking he's an actual tiger.

bonus points if said niece is an honorary relation rather than blood and is an entirely different (but still wild) species.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm not sure Rick would pair Res up with anybody for a while as it ruins the opportunity for him to tease Gres.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i never said anything about it actually going anywhere... :mrgreen: sometimes shenanigans just happen.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well in that case, I expect Grape to be very jealous and completely angry and trying to sabotage the relationship anyway that she can despite it being harmfulk to her health since Gale is a cougar.