Housepets replacement swears

Discuss the comic here
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Housepets replacement swears

Post by Gameb18oy »

One of the more fun elements of Housepets is the fact that while King proves that the actual swear words do exist, I love how the phrases of “oh my dog” and “carp” are about as far as the cast will go. Even King eventually stopped and now calls “female dogs” “fine young lady” or whatever it was he said in that comic. Anyway, I was just thinking it be funny to think up what the other equivalents would be (like let’s say pets say “Fish!” In place of another popular one) and wanted to setup a topic for that, might even be useful to Rick, hence why I thought to put it here instead of in forum games. Gonna put down a rule to make sure mods don’t feel they need to take it down and say no use of the actual words in any context, try to be as pure as the Housepets cast (minus King)
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Housepets replacement swears

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just one off-topic post, but I have been waiting for the day that someone lets loose a cavalcade of swears in front of people and their mortified reactions (think Lindsay from Total Drama) and think it would be amusing.

Though I think that Squeak was about to curse that one time at Bino before Fido stopped him.
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

Well if the swears in the comic is anything like the censoring bot for this forum, we might expect some very unusual replacement swears indeed. ;3

For example... One might find Duchess quoting Rita Repulsa from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers in the private snuggle bath room with Bino.

Or... I wonder if the local bicycle repairman in Babylon Gardens is notoriously unreliable at successfully repairing bikes, resulting in some very angry customers.

Hmm... Is there any evidence that raisin bread is universally hailed as the best kind of bread around?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think there is and that is because pita bread is superior. XD
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

... how... what does this even have to do with the topic?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was joking based on the post above me. As for replacement swears, I honestly can't help because I have no creativity whatsoever.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Gameb18oy wrote:Gonna put down a rule to make sure mods don’t feel they need to take it down and say no use of the actual words in any context, try to be as pure as the Housepets cast (minus King)
To be fair, we've got a pretty robust profanity filter and I'm quite proud of some of the replacements, so as long as you're either fully censoring a word by obliterating it with asterisks or posting the full word and letting the filter catch it, y'all are fine.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Part of me wants to go through the filter and see what replacements are used but another part of me is afraid of getting banned for another two years. :|
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

just write a post and hit preview instead of submit. itll show you the replacements without posting.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm a bit worried I might accidentally hit the submit button and not realize it. XD
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm a bit worried I might accidentally hit the submit button and not realize it. XD
For me it’s hitting quote when I meant to hit PM
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah sometimes that happens to me also and its another big pain for me. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I sent through several funny replacements and a bit of frustration trying to refer to a Disney character, B-o-n-g-o the unicycle riding circus bear from Fun and Fancy Free. You'll note I still didn't dare write out the little guy's name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What is wrong with that word?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I assume - I DON'T know - that the program keyed on the first four letters of the little bear's name (References to drug paraphernalia are against the rules, so this certainly is not one.) and censored it for being a potential ref to marijuana. Or not. It changed the name to "bubble-gum"; cute but incomprehensible.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Please don’t try to evade the profanity filter.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other