2019/04/19 - Flower Power

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/04/19 - Flower Power

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/04/19 - Flower Power]
Title Text: Bino, face down in the trash can: it's the thought that counts, right?

Gotta give him credit for trying.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2019/04/19 - Flower Power

Post by Saturn381 »

And that's when Duchess breaks up with Bino.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Everybody’s favorite pup is back, and he brought flowers.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

A match made in....well you know where.

Man, Duchess is a real piece of work. It takes real talent to make Bino look like a saint or at least a decent character. It really makes you wonder what is going on in Bino’s head to act like that. A legitimate murder threat and he’s all “But I got you flowers. Handpicked from the side of the highway.” :D
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

I mean... he did tried
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Duchess didn’t go to the spa,
at least not that we’ve seen,
and, even though Bino has thumbs,
neither of them are green.
Her boyfriend's her nightmare,
her route to Dog power
even if those he rules over
are a right ol’ Canine shower.
She’ll put up with his many errors
as he’s a toy, likes to be chewed.
He’ll stand by her to the finish,
too dumb to note her attitude.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Who says romance is dead? ... But Bino probably is!
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Seems like the only thing Bino can do right is be a colossal jerk. He might as well just stick to his strengths.
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

YYEEESSSSSSSSSS!! Bino's baaaaaccckk! It's probably just a one-off but small victories are still victories!
And he's looking cuter than ever... Surprisingly generous as well. Who said Bino couldn't turn over a new leaf - er, weed.

I still wonder what Duchess was planning on using him for, because at this point she seems like she hates him more than she ever did before. Alternatively, Bino looks even more in love with Duchess with each appearance. And he calls Fox "lover-boy"

Aaaagghh I'm excited, I hope he shows up more often this year-
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

... I’m not sure how I should be reacting here. Bino is legit cute in this strip, and I’m used to just groaning at the Bino stuff... is actually being in love with his partner changing him for the better (and guys don’t be too hard on Duchess. She clearly likes him back considering that walked on snuggle in the spa)
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Gameb18oy wrote:... I’m not sure how I should be reacting here. Bino is legit cute in this strip, and I’m used to just groaning at the Bino stuff... is actually being in love with his partner changing him for the better (and guys don’t be too hard on Duchess. She clearly likes him back considering that walked on snuggle in the spa)
I don't know if the relationship is necessarily changing Bino. It's probably more accurate to say that it's just taking up all the time and energy he would normally spend on being mean.

Either way, I suppose it's hard to argue with results. The number of times Bino has gotten the snot righteously beaten out of him has been pretty much zero ever since he hooked up with with Duchess.

His feeling for Duchess certainly seem to be genuine, in his own warped and inept way.
Last edited by leinglo on Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
restcure

Post by restcure »

Xane wrote:Dutchy-wutchy-utchy-nutchy-yutchy-wotchi-wootchie-ootchy-...
And, if course, together they're a chuchy-wutchy-utchy-cuchy pair.

Thanks for reminding me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtDdb9Pt_Y
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

I feel your pain Dutchess. I am also allergic to pollen and stupid people.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Bino is looking younger today - moreso than usual :D

I think it's cute how he's acting like Peanut in a way.

Also - Duchess in that third panel. That hand waving x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Argent

Post by Argent »

That actually does look more like goldenrod.

Goldenrod far more frequently gets confused for ragweed than the other way round. I think Duchess is having an attack of psychosomatic.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

After bringing that bear to her, you would think she would know better than letting Bino inside her house just like that.
Either she likes him more than most would think or he is really good at breaking in :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gameb18oy wrote:... I’m not sure how I should be reacting here. Bino is legit cute in this strip, and I’m used to just groaning at the Bino stuff... is actually being in love with his partner changing him for the better (and guys don’t be too hard on Duchess. She clearly likes him back considering that walked on snuggle in the spa)
Yeah, I noticed the change in Bino, too. He seems to have lost that demeanor of "repressed volcanic rage" we've come to know over the years. Similarly, Tiger took losing all those pizzas to Keene's intervention with uncharacteristic forbearance. Maybe spas do work mellowing magic......
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

I don't blame Duchess as some flowers make me sneeze too. Though is it me or is Bino looking a bit cuter then usual?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Bino is looking cuter, and I think he genuinely likes Duchess. My opinion is that Duchess is using Bino to get and keep power over the neighborhood dogs, and she doesn’t want to spurn him lest she lose her position in the Good Old Dogs Club, but I could be wrong, maybe he is growing on her.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

I am going to strangle you one day and laugh while I do it.
NOTE: No “if you call me a stupid pet name again”. She has way surpassed her breaking point, though that’s assuming that she hasn’t done that from the day she knew him. :lol:
Champion Wallace wrote:Everybody’s favorite pup is back, and he brought flowers.
You have no idea.
Well aside from one of my badges obviously. ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:After bringing that bear to her, you would think she would know better than letting Bino inside her house just like that.
Either she likes him more than most would think or he is really good at breaking in :mrgreen:
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... verywhere/ It’s probably the first one, though Duchess is very good at making people think she doesn’t like Bino back.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

trekkie wrote:Bino is looking cuter, and I think he genuinely likes Duchess. My opinion is that Duchess is using Bino to get and keep power over the neighborhood dogs, and she doesn’t want to spurn him lest she lose her position in the Good Old Dogs Club, but I could be wrong, maybe he is growing on her.
Ahhh, that’s cute if she thinks Bino has any real power or sway over anyone anymore. I think the only reason Bino had any authority back in the old days was because of loyalty and had a tendency of putting himself in the spotlight not to mention I think they secretly enjoyed watching him suffer or make a fool of himself.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
trekkie wrote:Bino is looking cuter, and I think he genuinely likes Duchess. My opinion is that Duchess is using Bino to get and keep power over the neighborhood dogs, and she doesn’t want to spurn him lest she lose her position in the Good Old Dogs Club, but I could be wrong, maybe he is growing on her.
Ahhh, that’s cute if she thinks Bino has any real power or sway over anyone anymore. I think the only reason Bino had any authority back in the old days was because of loyalty and had a tendency of putting himself in the spotlight not to mention I think they secretly enjoyed watching him suffer or make a fool of himself.
That and some mild implications that he basically got hus authority mildly due to Fido being the most popular dog amongst the dogs, kinda second-hand loyalty came from that.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So when Bino tries to be a good boyfriend and do what he thinks are good things, Duchess just looks her nose down on him. How charming. If I was a pet in BG, I would tell Bino that he deserves so much better.

Where is that magic coin?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Would be interesting to see how that organization is doing ……..
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

My guess after disowning Bino and Fox leaving? Not too good.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Ahahah, the silly Bino made another one. :P Poor duchess. :D It was a nice thought, yeah, but he had to ask if she has some pollen allergy. It's spring, after all. ;) Ehm, the idea to cover the bed with them sounds romantic, but then, who had to clean everything? :roll:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm pretty sure that Duchess probably has housekeepers for that.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So when Bino tries to be a good boyfriend and do what he thinks are good things, Duchess just looks her nose down on him. How charming. If I was a pet in BG, I would tell Bino that he deserves so much better.
After everything Bino has done over the last eleven years does he deserve this kind of treatment? It is an interesting question that needs to be asked. From his first appearance he’s been a combination of an antagonistic pest to everyone from Peanut, King, and even Fox as well as comic relief. There are those who like him which I can’t say anything about because there are characters I like who other people might question. Even still though, he has done nothing worthy of admiration or redeeming that shows why he deserves better. That is troubling when you look at his history especially with girls. Sasha was on and off and she never really cared for him, only Fido. Now Duchess treats him like dirt and let’s be honest uses him as a doormat to feed her sadistic nature. Why does he act this way? One could say it’s because he’s lived his entire life under Fido’s shadow. Another reason could simply be his own emotional insecurities leave him incapable of understanding others and feed his need for dominance. He might have been born that way. Or he just has had to many head injuries. No matter the reason he sucks up to Duchess and seems to have these “romance goggles” on so he’s incapable of seeing that she’s terrible. In my opinion of the original question, I think he should do and does not deserve this treatment both from Duchess and back when he dated Sasha. What he needs is a firm hand to tell him he’s acting like an idiot and actually try to fix whatever damages has been inflicted on him.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

fenrirblack wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:So when Bino tries to be a good boyfriend and do what he thinks are good things, Duchess just looks her nose down on him. How charming. If I was a pet in BG, I would tell Bino that he deserves so much better.
After everything Bino has done over the last eleven years does he deserve this kind of treatment? It is an interesting question that needs to be asked. From his first appearance he’s been a combination of an antagonistic pest to everyone from Peanut, King, and even Fox as well as comic relief. There are those who like him which I can’t say anything about because there are characters I like who other people might question. Even still though, he has done nothing worthy of admiration or redeeming that shows why he deserves better. That is troubling when you look at his history especially with girls. Sasha was on and off and she never really cared for him, only Fido. Now Duchess treats him like dirt and let’s be honest uses him as a doormat to feed her sadistic nature. Why does he act this way? One could say it’s because he’s lived his entire life under Fido’s shadow. Another reason could simply be his own emotional insecurities leave him incapable of understanding others and feed his need for dominance. He might have been born that way. Or he just has had to many head injuries. No matter the reason he sucks up to Duchess and seems to have these “romance goggles” on so he’s incapable of seeing that she’s terrible. In my opinion of the original question, I think he should do and does not deserve this treatment both from Duchess and back when he dated Sasha. What he needs is a firm hand to tell him he’s acting like an idiot and actually try to fix whatever damages has been inflicted on him.
I'm pretty sure he was born that way. Whether there is some sort of backstory is yet to be explored, but if he's so stubborn he can put up with Duchess and not change, who is also equally as stubborn, then it indicates to me the two of them are mutual in their stubborn nature. Great comedy effect can be played here in whether the two will cave into the other's stubborn nature someday, but if it lasted this long... don't count on it.

I'm just surprised Sasha took so long to move away from him. x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... very-well/ Personally, I kinda want to talk more about the strip before that. I kinda wonder why we don’t see more of Bino and Max interacting more. They really do act like brothers, even more so than Bino does with his actual brothers honestly. It be nice to see more of them around each other, not just for the sibling dynamic, but unless Tarot is owned by Sabrina’s owner as well, they are the only dog cat family pairing we know of aside from Peanut and Grape, and it be nice to see how those families work when the pets aren’t as close as the main duo is.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It is interesting when you think about it. You’d almost forget that Jeff is both their owner since we rarely see them together in recent years. If I had to give a reason for them not being seen together is just because there is no point. Despite living together they have nothing in common or interact in the same circles. With the arcs becoming so much longer there isn’t time for tertiary characters (yes he’s been demoted) like Bino to have a role anymore. Not when other characters like Miles, Fox, and Max are getting real development and doing things that have a significant impact not only on the story but the world as a whole.
Bino has simply faded all together aside from the occasional one off or random appearance. He’s gone the way of Marvin now. Maybe Bino and Tiger should switch owners and see where that leads.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

fenrirblack wrote:It is interesting when you think about it. You’d almost forget that Jeff is both their owner since we rarely see them together in recent years. If I had to give a reason for them not being seen together is just because there is no point. Despite living together they have nothing in common or interact in the same circles. With the arcs becoming so much longer there isn’t time for tertiary characters (yes he’s been demoted) like Bino to have a role anymore. Not when other characters like Miles, Fox, and Max are getting real development and doing things that have a significant impact not only on the story but the world as a whole.
Bino has simply faded all together aside from the occasional one off or random appearance. He’s gone the way of Marvin now. Maybe Bino and Tiger should switch owners and see where that leads.
Hmmmm, a Bino - Tiger combo might be nuclear combustible, but both seem to be transitioning away from their original, pie-in-the-face villainy. And poor Marvin, he's just vaporized with some of the original cast members. I'd still like to see him and Maxwell do a caper or maybe even have an interaction with Zachh and the ferals ("Opener? Zach, you can't even open a soda can and now you're a totem!").
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:It is interesting when you think about it. You’d almost forget that Jeff is both their owner since we rarely see them together in recent years. If I had to give a reason for them not being seen together is just because there is no point. Despite living together they have nothing in common or interact in the same circles. With the arcs becoming so much longer there isn’t time for tertiary characters (yes he’s been demoted) like Bino to have a role anymore. Not when other characters like Miles, Fox, and Max are getting real development and doing things that have a significant impact not only on the story but the world as a whole.
Nothing in common? Fen, you should know better than anyone that’s not true, those two are both insecurity and bravado made flesh, Max is just mildly better natured and snarky. Honestly, hanging out with his family more couldn’t be bad for Max developing either, it be interesting to see.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't mind seeing Max interact more with cousin Joey. :3
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Nothing in common? Fen, you should know better than anyone that’s not true, those two are both insecurity and bravado made flesh, Max is just mildly better natured and snarky. Honestly, hanging out with his family more couldn’t be bad for Max developing either, it be interesting to see.
Okay, aside from what from what you said and what I'm assuming are deep rooted daddy issues, the two of them (to put it another way) have nothing that would allow them to find common ground with one another.
A type of brother's road trip with Jeff for example. Hmm, I just don't see them both developing just by spending time together. They are both incredibly stubborn and hardheaded. It would be like smashing two rocks together and hoping to create diamonds.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:
Okay, aside from what from what you said and what I'm assuming are deep rooted daddy issues, the two of them (to put it another way) have nothing that would allow them to find common ground with one another.
A type of brother's road trip with Jeff for example. Hmm, I just don't see them both developing just by spending time together. They are both incredibly stubborn and hardheaded. It would be like smashing two rocks together and hoping to create diamonds.
Maybe talking about girls? Max is a little more mellow, but they both really love their current girlfriends.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote: Maybe talking about girls? Max is a little more mellow, but they both really love their current girlfriends.
Max has already made hhis feelings about Duchess clear and Bino and Grape have a complicated relationship. Any conversation would most likely devolve into a spat.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: Maybe talking about girls? Max is a little more mellow, but they both really love their current girlfriends.
Max has already made hhis feelings about Duchess clear and Bino and Grape have a complicated relationship. Any conversation would most likely devolve into a spat.
I mean... the fact this is how it would conclude doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be a fun arc. Plus, both Bino and Max are characters that aren’t going away that need more development, so maybe a little more clarity on the specifics of their relationship be nice. It also helps that Max’s snark is at its funniest when he aims it at his brother in law
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

Didn't notice Bino's pudgy.
"It's not a good thing to be remembered, and the worst is I remember." - McTwisp