Wild Mass Guessing

Discuss the comic here
dr_eirik

Re: Wild Mass Guessing

Post by dr_eirik »

Shouldn't his siblings have names like Houston, Austin, Laredo, Abilene, etc...?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yes that is true but I was using the names of the 101 Dalmatians and doing it as a joke since CunningFox said that Dallas had 100 siblings. :mrgreen:
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Yes that is true but I was using the names of the 101 Dalmatians and doing it as a joke since CunningFox said that Dallas had 100 siblings. :mrgreen:
Ah, I haven't seen that one in ages, I forgot pretty much all of the dogs names. :-)
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I never really knew what names they all had except the ones from the cartoon and I'm sure I might have missed some names when putting that list together.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Just had a weird idea related to the current Teenage Squirrel story-line, but couldn't think of a better thread to put it in.

What if this isn't a transformation, but a body swap? That somewhere in the woods or in the wider world is a female squirrel stuck in a teen boys body who is currently freaking out about her situation? I seriously doubt that this is where this is headed, though it would create a major new wrinkle for Marion. Especially if the new occupant of his body doesn't want to change back.

Anyway, don't mind me, I'm just trying to think of a way to make his life even more difficult. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:Just had a weird idea related to the current Teenage Squirrel story-line, but couldn't think of a better thread to put it in.

What if this isn't a transformation, but a body swap? That somewhere in the woods or in the wider world is a female squirrel stuck in a teen boys body who is currently freaking out about her situation? I seriously doubt that this is where this is headed, though it would create a major new wrinkle for Marion. Especially if the new occupant of his body doesn't want to change back.

Anyway, don't mind me, I'm just trying to think of a way to make his life even more difficult. :D
More difficult … okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy … and now, back from bit-player casting lounge comes SKIP THE HAWK!! That might do it.... :o
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:Just had a weird idea related to the current Teenage Squirrel story-line, but couldn't think of a better thread to put it in.

More difficult … okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy … and now, back from bit-player casting lounge comes SKIP THE HAWK!! That might do it.... :o
I am the one who suggested at some point that the only way this arc could get darker is if it ends with us seeing a wolf with a squirrel tail sticking out of his mouth at the end. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I doubt that Rick is gonna kill off any characters in a dark way since he hasn't done so yet and doesn't seem like the type of author to do that. Besides, can you imagine the backlash he would get if he did go ahead and kill off Marion? I don't think Rick is the type to do dark endings. :mrgreen:
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I doubt that Rick is gonna kill off any characters in a dark way since he hasn't done so yet and doesn't seem like the type of author to do that. Besides, can you imagine the backlash he would get if he did go ahead and kill off Marion? I don't think Rick is the type to do dark endings. :mrgreen:
It's not unheard of for him to kill off a character gruesomely, though it only happened once and in the pre-color days of the strip when Grape swallows the mouse attempting to lead a revolution. I don't think for a moment that we're going to see Marion get killed. He may want to die at some point in this arc, but it's not going to happen.

I could see a fake-out happen. Him reacting to the shadow of a hawk, or the appearance he's been caught by someone only for us to see that things are fine later.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I should have clarified that we will never see Rick kill off a MAIN character in a gruesome way. All the characters that died even if they weren't killed like that mouse was were bit characters. I'm pretty sure Marion is now safe as he is safely considered a main character. :lol:
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

In the not too distant future, way down in Kennel 13, the evil, restored griffin Pete is hatching a nasty scheme. He kidnapped a dog by the name of King, a transformed corgi who who never seems to get ahead in anything. This experiment needed a good test case so he conked him on the noggin and he shot him into space! Now he'll send King cheesy movies, the worst he can find (la la la) and he'll have to sit and watch them all so he can monitor his mind.

...Or not. I dunno. This seems like its been done.
Elwood Blutarsky

The bet between Joel's parents that his mother eluded to in heaven was the oddly specific "if our son's misadventures with animals were to somehow result in him being magically turned into a Welsh Corgi dog sometime in the future, do you think he'd be a Pembroke or a Cardigan?" She bet on the latter and lost.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that she was just pulling King's leg when she said that. Since she seemed to be mentally abusive I could still see her doing that even in death.

Though how the **** did she end up in Heaven if King's childhood as Joel sucked so bad?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

As long as you are alive, you can turn your life around. She probably did so after Joel was on his own.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I guess she could have. Some things tend to be a LOT worse but you can come back from anything if you are truly sorry.

Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon taught me that!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Marion switched bodies with an actual squirrel.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Douglas Collier wrote:Marion switched bodies with an actual squirrel.
Sooooo … somewhere there's a nude person up a tree pitching pecans down a drain spout and trying to twitch a non-existent tail? yikes......
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:Marion switched bodies with an actual squirrel.
Sooooo … somewhere there's a nude person up a tree pitching pecans down a drain spout and trying to twitch a non-existent tail? yikes......
Since animals here are already sapient, then the squirrel would have known what was happening to a degree.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But would probably have a bit of trouble getting used to opposable thumbs and wondering why everybody is trying to drag him back to a place he doesn't know and saying its home.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Celia Milton will make an appearance in the future.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is not only a guess I would put out there but also a hope of mine.
Elwood Blutarsky

Squeak shares Joey's love of÷ cosplay. Her costumes include Haru from The Cat Returns,
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would have thought that she would have wanted to cosplay as any character who gets crushed often. ;D
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Mr. Steward wants the ECP to succeed so he can go back to a normal human-ish life.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Either that or he wants to destroy it for revenge on the Miltons because he wrongly blames them for his predicament and doesn't believe there is a way to change him back.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Meanwhile at camp...
"What's with that brown dog?"
"He found the spare sleeping bag and is convinced there's a pet missing from our group."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

That would be fun to see! :lol:
Elwood Blutarsky

Babylon Gardens being what it is the police dogs who investigate crime actually have fellow canine counterparts at the district attorney's office who prosecute animal offenders.
Elwood Blutarsky

Housepets is a stealth prequel to A&H Club and Rick's other all-furry comics portraying the darkly humorous final days of humanity before its fall.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Ohhhhhh, so Dayshaun is the canon ending to the Housepets! saga! It all makes sense now :shock:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Thinking about it in terms like that kind of makes things a lot more disturbing that one would ever know. :?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote:Babylon Gardens being what it is the police dogs who investigate crime actually have fellow canine counterparts at the district attorney's office who prosecute animal offenders.
Wonder if the next new characters will be "Beagle and Bloodhound, Esq."?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well the "Law & Order" series DOES need a new show since everybody keeps saying SVU should at this point be cancelled.

"In the criminal justice system, the animals of Babylon Garden are represented by two separate but equally important pets: The K-9 unit, who investigate crime, and the K-9 attorneys, who prosecute the pets and feral. These are their stories." Doink Doink

Law & Order: Animal Crimes Squad
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Okay, that is just hilarious!!! I hope Terrance gets to do the "doink doink" (he'd make a great Jerry Orban, too).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well I would hope not considering the fact that he died from prostate cancer. :?
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

I think Duchess is a tsundere.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Well I would hope not considering the fact that he died from prostate cancer. :?

Ben Waterson, then?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Turns out the squirrel isn't Marion. Rather, the real Marion was kidnapped alongside a female squirrel, who was hypnotized to believe that she was Marion. The kidnappers didn't bother checking the gender of the animal they caught for their scheme. Soon the squirrel will come to the realization that she's a fake, and have to help find Marion while hopefully figuring out who she was.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That actually sounds very riveting and something that NOBODY would expect. It would really make people get more interested in the comic. Though i'm not sure that Rick would actually do it because he might think its too complicated.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:That actually sounds very riveting and something that NOBODY would expect. It would really make people get more interested in the comic. Though i'm not sure that Rick would actually do it because he might think its too complicated.
Transformation arcs always seem to be. Complicated, that is.