Wild Mass Guessing

Discuss the comic here
IceKitsune

Re: Wild Mass Guessing

Post by IceKitsune »

fenrirblack wrote:If anyone going to be swapping bodies it needs to be Max and Peanut. Peanut can be Grapes boyfriend so to learn what it’s like to have a real relationship with someone while finally fulfilling his desire to have a romantic relationship with her. Max can demonstrate to Tarot how a proper couple works by actually standing up to her crazy.
Well, Rick said the ending would be weird and I would consider that a sufficiently weird ending. Though for it to not have really bad implications everyone would have to know about and agree with it and at that point why even do the body swap. That being said I could see a partner swap happening perhaps, that would also be a weird ending. Though I still think Peanut and Tarot taking a temporary break from each other so Tarot can figure herself out is the most likely outcome. Also, I might just be over thinking the "Weird" part of that Tweet a bit.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Tarot-Maxwell, I dunno. Tarot knows Maxwell has that "catnip thing" ?
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I don't think that she has any left at this point. If she did, I think we would have saw them by now.
Great Kitsune did say sparks remain, though you're right that she hasn't demonstrated more psychic ability since then than looking out the front window (not counting Temple Crashers 2). Maxwell's Heart and Mind occupying Tarot's body would have the side effect of he'd be closer to Sabrina, though it would be a very different relationship than their boyfriend-girlfriend relationship they had before Sabrina dumped him.
NHWestoN wrote:Tarot-Maxwell, I dunno. Tarot knows Maxwell has that "catnip thing" ?
I don't remember Tarot learning anything specific to Max and catnip, but regardless, it doesn't have to be a stable relationship. I think fenrirblack is suggesting the relationship would be more educational than romantic. Besides, if the characters do swap Hearts and Minds, I wouldn't expect it to last more than an arc.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Gael

Post by Gael »

After this arc, if Tarot and Peanut break up, Peanut is gonna end up in a relationship with...Res due to both of them having some sort of affinity for literature. That would be the plot twist of the century
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If that happened the freakout that Grape would have would be VERY huge.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

This is a WMG on my part, but I'm guessing tomorrow's comic will have Tarot and Maxwell do what Grape and PEanut are doing in today's comic just to further mess with the fans. x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then we will see Grapenut, Grax, Parot and Marot shippers engage in an all out war on each other. XD
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

I have mentioned this before in the comic discussion threads and my signature but I get the feeling that Max, Tarot, Grape and Peanut seem to be heading towards a polyamorous relationship.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well I really don't see it but then again that is just me.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Mungo is Russian.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It would be very funny if that was the truth but I can't really see a Russian accent coming from him.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I don't know - I can hear Mungo doing a Jumba Jookiba (Lilo and Stitch) sort of Russian accent. Back in High School, I knew a girl whose mother was Armenian and she could do a wonderful Russian accent. She'd also talk to herself in Russian when she was cranky, and got sent to the Principal's office for it a couple of times.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Oh, I don't know - Mungo looks like he could have a "Jumba Jookiba" (Lilo and Stitch) sort of accent. Back in High School, we had a classmate whose Mom was Armenian, and she could do a great Russian accent. Carol also spoke some Russian which got some of her teachers paranoid that she might be cussing or something even more sinister (Hey, it was the sixties!). She even got "sent to the office" once or twice.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Was that when corporate punishment was a thing or was that only in the Catholic schools?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

No, it was a public school. It was the 1960s and people were weird about students speaking foreign languages. Maybe teachers thought she was cussing, or passing classified information to communist agents, or channeling Moscovite anarchists, who knows? Her name was very English as was her dad (her mom was Armenian and supposedly spoke fluent Russian). She and her mom were Orthodox Christians, but they usually went to the Episcopal or Lutheran churches because the local Orthodox congregation was Greek.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So corporate punishment wasn't in public schools?
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

Kevin became a police officer after finding out the niche sport of dog body building didn't pay enough to cover his growing tab at GNC.

Duchess attended Southern Illinois University Carbondale after her owner lied that she was a rowing athlete.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Do pets even have the option to go to school though? So far it seems like the wolves going through school seemed to be the first time that any animals were ever enrolled so its hard to see it happening. Besides Duchess would just have someone do her coursework for her. XD

Yes I know I'm being over-critical again. Its hard for me not to be. And trust me, I want to.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote:Kevin became a police officer after finding out the niche sport of dog body building didn't pay enough to cover his growing tab at GNC.

Duchess attended Southern Illinois University Carbondale after her owner lied that she was a rowing athlete.
Inquiring journalists discover that Duchess's owner lied to get her into school so her family buys the University, changes the physical education curriculum to include gymnasium rowing machines as part of the rowing events, and endows a faculty wet bar in honor of the Chicago Tribune. Everyone wins except Bino who loses his hope for the Bookstore sweatshirt franchise.
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Do pets even have the option to go to school though? So far it seems like the wolves going through school seemed to be the first time that any animals were ever enrolled so its hard to see it happening. Besides Duchess would just have someone do her coursework for her. XD

Yes I know I'm being over-critical again. Its hard for me not to be. And trust me, I want to.
As NHWestoN hilariously followed up on, the whole thing is a joke on the recent college admissions scandal involving a lot of high-profile people, like Lori Loughlin, trying to pay to get their kids into famous colleges with many including fraudulent athletic scholarships for lower tier sports like water polo and rowing. Duchess ending up at Southern Illinois University Carbondale is just a pun (their athletic teams are the "Southern Illinois Salukis").
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wonder who is wealthier - Duchess's family or the ferrets?
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

The ferrets - Duchess actually has to work for her social standing - the Miltons can buy theirs.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The term "work" is always used very loosely when it is applied to Duchess. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Based on her collar tag, we've always assumed Duchess has British roots - maybe she's from aristocracy. Don't believe her "parent's" identities have ever been hinted at but she does live in a mansion and has her own manservant (Boris)…….
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

She certainly acts like a snobbish aristocrat.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pretty sure that she actually is from aristocracy and might be from Britain if the pound sign tag doesn't give it away. I'm not sure she is really high up the ladder though but somewhere so that she can live that affluent lifestyle.
Douglas Collier

King is related to the royal corgis.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dad's side or Mum's? ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since I think royalty is more important through your paternal side, I would say that.

Though wouldn't it have to be JOEL being related to the royals? He got transformed into a dog but that didn't change his relations. His mother is still a human.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I'm sure Pete took care of that. Nothing like celestial workings to manipulate new relations. :lol:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then that would be very weird indeed. He manipulated random corgis that he didn't have anything to do with into believing they conceived a child who is related to their family somehow? I guess that could work but the relation would have to be an adopted one rather than a biological one as Joel was transformed, not reincarnated like Craig and Draig.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

My prediction: Ricks fall, everybody dies.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That's not a prediction more than it is a certainty in the future because everybody falls and everybody also dies at one point.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

*facepalm*

nono, i mean every self insert rick has ever thought up falls into the comic which causes everyone to get squished.

cause it's a pun on the most well known form of TPK in D&D. you know, the DM gets frustrated by something the players pulled, and declares "Rocks fall, everybody dies."?

it's a joke.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that it was a joke. I was just teasing you.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Dallas has 100 siblings.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Some of Dallas’s siblings names are Patch, Lucky, Roly-Poly, Cadpig, Penny, Freckles, Pepper, Jewel, Dipstick, Fidget, Two-Tone, Whizzer, Blackie, Whitie, Sport, Yoyo, Corky, Spanky, Latch, Jolly, Lenny, Salter, Blob, Blot, Dot, Nosey, Sleepy, Speedy, Swifty, Bulgey, Pokey, Dipper, Smokey, Bravo, Flapper, Puddles, Tiger, Spark and Wags.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... and all those Dalmatians come to visit Dallas, develop a massive group crush on Duchess, and proceed to drive her screaming bonkers!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If it ends with Duchess in a straitjacket being taken away to the nearest mental institution, I will be all for it!
Douglas Collier

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Some of Dallas’s siblings names are Patch, Lucky, Roly-Poly, Cadpig, Penny, Freckles, Pepper, Jewel, Dipstick, Fidget, Two-Tone, Whizzer, Blackie, Whitie, Sport, Yoyo, Corky, Spanky, Latch, Jolly, Lenny, Salter, Blob, Blot, Dot, Nosey, Sleepy, Speedy, Swifty, Bulgey, Pokey, Dipper, Smokey, Bravo, Flapper, Puddles, Tiger, Spark and Wags.
Family reunion! :mrgreen: