Wild Mass Guessing

Discuss the comic here
GameCobra

Re: Wild Mass Guessing

Post by GameCobra »

Kitch wrote:Seeing that now, in the context of King and Bailey's engagement, makes me wonder. I know I mentioned in jest the idea that Bino could try (and fail) to marry Sasha in hopes of showing King up. But what if some of the other pet couples in Babylon Gardens legit got engaged? Could the push for legitimate pet marriages end up being part of the ultimate resolution of Keene's quandry over reconciliation of humans and animals?

And a good sideshow to that: What if Fido comes out as being in love with Sabrina? Or somebody else (Bailey? Sabrina? I know King wouldn't do it.) spills the beans?
That's also what I was thinking down the lines as well. Pets want to be more human-like, but the idea of marriage seems to them to be a false hope, similar to the cat/dog relationship that happens between Fido and Sabrina.

There's a chance that King and Bailey's marriage may spark some interesting news throughout the pets, but what it may actually do is make some of the more quiet pets step forward to the plate more like Fido. I'm thinking also that Max may look at it somewhere down the line for the cats, but I can't see him jumping on the marriage idea at the moment thanks to King doing it out of a possible sense of Pride, but then again... He might just have to give it some thought first.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Getting close to Valentine's Day Cards 2013. :twisted:

I would like to see Fox, Bailey, Truck and Poncho. :3
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

After the big event of King and Bailey getting engaged, there is NO way there WON'T be anything about it for Valentine's. :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

At least Bailey will be on it, but King already had his moment. Now having Bailey and some farm animals on the otherhand... =3
Karl

Post by Karl »

The Limerick Guy is actually Henry Milton is disguise. He was purely fed up with living as an awfully rich man and faked his death in order to give all his fortune to his pet ferrets, while he became a hermit. However, he decided to stay in local forest in order to watch over his masterpiece, which is Babylon Gardens.
I'm a bookworm!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Somehow, Sabrina caused Max to lose that chunk of his ear. That's why they broke up and Max seems less than happy with her
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

As the only rabbit, Zach will become the most popular pet at the party, outshining Max and gaining new admirers for the Opener Of Ways.
My characters
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Somehow, Sabrina caused Max to lose that chunk of his ear. That's why they broke up and Max seems less than happy with her
Actually considering how he reacted to Tarot in Scardy Cats (he was fine with Sabrina helping but not Tarot even though they were both Psychics, which wouldn't make sense if it was only the fact they they were psychics that he didn't like or Sabrina that alone caused the break up/ear damaging considering his reaction in this strip to calling her for the party) I think that Tarot might have had something to do with one or both of those things.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Falstaff and Truck will disguise themselves as cats to steal the crawfish. :o
Duster

Post by Duster »

Max, Bino or Tiger will cause a fuss and ruin the dinner. During the confusion the raccoons will try to get the crawfish, but then Grape (or Fox) will promptly chase them off! Let's see what happens shall we?
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Wild Mass guessing bets are on! :D
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I think this is the return of the BROOM!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
My characters
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Remember when we were talking about other pets coming out and proposing marriages after King and Bailey did it? What if Rick is focusing on King and Bailey for that purpose? I don't mean like he'll start having pets marrying left and right, but what if Pets are afraid to confess their love because of where it will lead down the road? Bailey might've been an exception since she wasn't from Babylon Garden. I came across this conclussion seeing how fast King and Bailey's relationship developed.

Granted though, King and Bailey might've been able to develop it faster than others due to experience, but it's still a little odd that King coughed up the ring faster than any other pets we've seen so far.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

King was a loner and what is normally called a "loser" most of his life. He was shunned by society, which gave him his attitude toward life. He had never experienced love before, so when he met Bailey and fell in love, he really went overboard with it. That is why the relationship progressed so fast and why he is so head over heels.
My characters
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

copper wrote:King was a loner and what is normally called a "loser" most of his life. He was shunned by society, which gave him his attitude toward life. He had never experienced love before, so when he met Bailey and fell in love, he really went overboard with it. That is why the relationship progressed so fast and why he is so head over heels.
Him going overboard though with the proposal got me thinking there could be more to it though, not just because of his upbringing. By proposing to Bailey, he's introducing her to more human culturistic things. I also assumed at one point that pets go through romance alot faster than humans, so it got me thinking: Since King has to choose between being a dog or a human these days after the whole incident with his watch, is he trying to find a way to combine his dog-like life with human culture with Bailey? Not just marriage, but other things as well. This might possibly be something that Pete might've expected too.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I can't help it, Monday's comic has left me with some pretty big questions.

I have no issue in general with Bruce and Roosevelt being a gay couple. I just can't help but wonder why a zoo would even want a gay couple of animals. Aren't breeding programs a big part of zoos? (Unless their being gay is the attraction, which I doubt.)

It just makes me wonder if, in reality, one (likely Bruce, judging by the sketch Rick posted here) or both of them is actually bi.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Oh dear... this is just a funny comic, I don't know why people take some things so seriously. It has to be a reason for a zoo to have two animals of the same kind and sex? If they turned to be gay, it just happens, it's not like the zoo wanted this on purpose.
ImageImage
Duster

Post by Duster »

Kitch wrote:I can't help it, Monday's comic has left me with some pretty big questions.

I have no issue in general with Bruce and Roosevelt being a gay couple. I just can't help but wonder why a zoo would even want a gay couple of animals. Aren't breeding programs a big part of zoos? (Unless their being gay is the attraction, which I doubt.)

It just makes me wonder if, in reality, one (likely Bruce, judging by the sketch Rick posted here) or both of them is actually bi.
Some zoos keep other animals around as oddities, you know something people can point to and look at. Most zoos do have breeding programs but usually just for endangered animals, last time I checked kangaroos were not one of them. So maybe that is a reason the zoo keeps the two male kangaroos around. Then again I don't really know i am just speculating!
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Duster wrote: Some zoos keep other animals around as oddities, you know something people can point to and look at. Most zoos do have breeding programs but usually just for endangered animals, last time I checked kangaroos were not one of them. So maybe that is a reason the zoo keeps the two male kangaroos around. Then again I don't really know i am just speculating!
I'm 99.9% certain that the Kangaroos as you stated are there for the sole reason as entertainers.
valerio

Post by valerio »

GameCobra wrote:
Duster wrote: Some zoos keep other animals around as oddities, you know something people can point to and look at. Most zoos do have breeding programs but usually just for endangered animals, last time I checked kangaroos were not one of them. So maybe that is a reason the zoo keeps the two male kangaroos around. Then again I don't really know i am just speculating!
I'm 99.9% certain that the Kangaroos as you stated are there for the sole reason as entertainers.
a concept underlined already way back HERE and HERE
Gray

Post by Gray »

Kitch wrote:I can't help it, Monday's comic has left me with some pretty big questions.

Well there are zoos with gay animals, ofcourse they'd prefer them to be straight, and some have tried to separete the gay couples, because as you say, breeding programs are important, but I don't think other zoo would be willing to recieve a gay animal, because it'd be useless, so why not keeping them together?, what else can you do after all. It sounds reasonable, tho, that one might be bisexual, but it's irrelevant anyways xD
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

I know this is Wild Mass Guessing, but lets not over think it.
Moving on to the next topic.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The secret to Maxwell's bite mark?

The chicken. But something tells me someone already said that, but i didn't find it anywhere. :|
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

What chicken?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:What chicken?
The chicken.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I think that Sasha will fall in love with her reflection in a mirror, fate cursing her to the same fate as Narcissus.
My characters
Gren

Post by Gren »

GameCobra wrote:The secret to Maxwell's bite mark?

The chicken. But something tells me someone already said that, but i didn't find it anywhere. :|
No way, It must have been Bino :twisted:

And I also say Sasha is a guy
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/05/ ... on-giving/

After all Sasha is a man's name, so it make sense :lol:
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Pete loses the U&U game and gets turned into a mortal, that mortal is King and Bailey's kid. Really this isn't even a crazy guess I could seriously see Rick doing this.
Gren

Post by Gren »

If there's another new imaginate arc, I'll say Joey or Karishad will join to the group and they're going to play "Friends".
Why Friends? because they are perfect for that, they just need one more guy. Besides, if we follow the line of this arcs, the logic is that after play a crossover of a book with a comic, then a theatrical work, and then a movie, it's obvious the next have to be a TV series. It make sense doesn't it? :lol:
ImageImage
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Wild mass guessing eh?
hmmm...

I think that Sasha is going to be right about praying mantises, and that by the end of the year, Rick will have started a six-year-long story arc focusing on the invasion of Babylon Gardens by these tiny and (obviously) evil creatures.
The climax will be when Sasha recruits the Dolphins to work for her, and they fight back using mind control to confuse the mothership into going home.

Well it COULD happen...
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Gren wrote:If there's another new imaginate arc, I'll say Joey or Karishad will join to the group and they're going to play "Friends".
Why Friends? because they are perfect for that, they just need one more guy. Besides, if we follow the line of this arcs, the logic is that after play a crossover of a book with a comic, then a theatrical work, and then a movie, it's obvious the next have to be a TV series. It make sense doesn't it? :lol:
I'll be there for yoooooooooou
When your fur starts to grow
When your tail's hanging low
Cause you're there for me tooooooooo!
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Maxwell and Delusional Steve are brothers.
Gren

Post by Gren »

GameCobra wrote:Maxwell and Delusional Steve are brothers.

Yeah, and then Max broke into the shelter and take Steve with him, but what Max wasn't expecting is that Grape would fall in love of his brother and then they would have to fight for her love, resulting Delusional Steve loses his last good eye and Maxwell his last good ear. Meanwhile Grape hooks up with Peanut or Res. ;)
ImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Gren wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Maxwell and Delusional Steve are brothers.

Yeah, and then Max broke into the shelter and take Steve with him, but what Max wasn't expecting is that Grape would fall in love of his brother and then they would have to fight for her love, resulting Delusional Steve loses his last good eye and Maxwell his last good ear. Meanwhile Grape hooks up with Peanut or Res. ;)

Now now, let us not get too creepy.
My characters
Argent

Post by Argent »

Stop me if you've heard this one...

The Cosmic Nerds are responsible for the bipedal talking animals in the first place. Pete did it, exploiting a loophole in the U&U rules that allowed weird time junk. This created a standing paradox wave across a whole sheaf of universes that propagated back in time... changing history just enough at each stage to allow the contemporary existence and unlikely survival of both humans and creatures who are in some ways smarter than humans... and a history that still produces a recognizable 20th century American town.

This is why Dragon insisted on using a version of the rules that ruled that loophole out.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I'm waiting for Rick to pull something on this arc. It almost feels like it's just around the corner. I don't know what but something. Things have been too normal so far.
flaremaster

Post by flaremaster »

xhunterko wrote:I'm waiting for Rick to pull something on this arc. It almost feels like it's just around the corner. I don't know what but something. Things have been too normal so far.
You and me both.

Now for my guess...
King and Bailey won't marry, try will instead break off their engagement and King will be back to square one, allowing Pete to somehow catch him on the rebound and make King his avatar.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Some wee magical beastie shows up and tells him if he marries Bailey he'll have to give his watch back and can never be Joel.

If Rick really wants to be mean, he'll have to forget he was ever Joel.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Argent wrote:Some wee magical beastie shows up and tells him if he marries Bailey he'll have to give his watch back and can never be Joel.

If Rick really wants to be mean, he'll have to forget he was ever Joel.
I could see both of these things happening for sure, along with agreeing to marry Bailey making him Petes Avatar as well; either though tricky wording in the vows by Keene on behalf of Pete or some other way. In fact I would be more surprised if nothing happened at all and it went smoothly.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Grape is purple because she was a test subject in a pharmaceutical lab before being sent to the shelter.
My characters