Wild Mass Guessing

Discuss the comic here
Buster
Game Master

Re: Wild Mass Guessing

Post by Buster »

Max's dad is also one of the barn cats. He's deceptively effeminate.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

THAT explains sooooooooo much .... !
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Mind blown. :shock:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

So considering there is a good chance that Res and Mungo inherited superpowers from their ancient ancestors, does anyone think there’s any chance that King and Bailey’s pups could get them as well considering Bailey was Pete’s champion briefly? Know it’s unlikely since it was only for a short period, but I think it’s an interesting possibility
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that after all the craziness that Kingley has been through, I doubt the universe would be so cruel as to give his their superpowers to make their lives more hectic.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think that after all the craziness that Kingley has been through, I doubt the universe would be so cruel as to give his their superpowers to make their lives more hectic.

Counterpoint, this time the craziness might work to his benefit, they can take care of themselves with superpowers while he and Bailey have to work
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is true but he would have to deal with the initial stress of pups having no control over their powers.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Or Rick could exploit that as a comedy goldmine. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Housepets! meets the Incredibles! Jak Jak x 3.
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

Griswold had an incident once with a station wagon and a leash that almost ended tragically while on vacation, hence the reasons why he's not been big on vacations at all in the years since; especially if they involve Europe, Christmas, Vegas or absolutely anything with his human's Cousin Eddie.

Lester also used to be a human but unlike "some other neighbor dogs" he chooses to keep that to himself. He was turned into a dog in a Netflix-related accident that involved trying to watch too much of the anime "Ginga Densetsu Weed."

Sten was once the mascot for a major fast food chain with Mexican-inspired food...but not for the one that you are thinking of.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Poncho might end up with an animal that is not a wolf.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Poncho might end up with an animal that is not a wolf.
We can only hope this hypothetical creature will take back her intial rejection
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope she doesn't. I do not ship "Pole" (Poncho/Gale) at all and think its a bit too much like a mother/son relationship after she patched him up.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I imagine that she patched up a lot of them.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I hope she doesn't. I do not ship "Pole" (Poncho/Gale) at all and think its a bit too much like a mother/son relationship after she patched him up.
Even if not with Gale, admit with me, his puppy love is cute
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorta like a student/teacher crush … ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't want to go there. At this point, there are so many great pets in Babylon Gardens that I wanna ship them with all of my OCs. :mrgreen:

Kevin is still my number 1.
Elwood Blutarsky

Getting turned into a badger and all that entailed taught Stewart his lesson. Now knowing when to fold'em he'll accept his pathetic life as a woodland critter and turn that coin over to the authorities for study and safekeeping.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote:Getting turned into a badger and all that entailed taught Stewart his lesson. Now knowing when to fold'em he'll accept his pathetic life as a woodland critter and turn that coin over to the authorities for study and safekeeping.
... that would be narratively unsatisfying both for the fact that Steward didn’t do anything as a possible villain... plus I’m dying to see the curse hit more humans, I have to know what the Sandwiches end up as!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think that Rick is gonna have good human characters turned into animals from the coin. You have to remember, Stewart was complicit in Thomas's plan to get the treasure in the temple.

Honestly, I would rather see Jeff, Mr. Hartford and Jerry be turned into animals. Each I feel has had some various level of abuse to their pets with Mr. Hartford seemingly given out the most, Jerry the least and Jake in-between
Elwood Blutarsky

Gameb18oy wrote: ... that would be narratively unsatisfying both for the fact that Steward didn’t do anything as a possible villain... plus I’m dying to see the curse hit more humans, I have to know what the Sandwiches end up as!
That's the joke silly. I doubt it would anti-climax like that but it would be hilarious if it did. :D
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I don't think that Rick is gonna have good human characters turned into animals from the coin. You have to remember, Stewart was complicit in Thomas's plan to get the treasure in the temple.

Honestly, I would rather see Jeff, Mr. Hartford and Jerry be turned into animals. Each I feel has had some various level of abuse to their pets with Mr. Hartford seemingly given out the most, Jerry the least and Jake in-between
You assume that the change is gonna be permanent, when unlike King, it is told to us there is a way to reverse it, which Steward doesn’t know but a certain Camel might have memorized. You’re telling me you don’t want to see what peanut and Grape’s parents would end up as when they touch the coin? Personally I just want them on one of their pets adventures, and it seems more likely to happen if they grow fur and a tail amongst other things.
Elwood Blutarsky wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: ... that would be narratively unsatisfying both for the fact that Steward didn’t do anything as a possible villain... plus I’m dying to see the curse hit more humans, I have to know what the Sandwiches end up as!
That's the joke silly. I doubt it would anti-climax like that but it would be hilarious if it did. :D
Meh, I don’t expect that joke would get much of reaction from me. Steward always struck me as a weirdly competent character, it feel a little out of place in my opinion if he didn’t get to do anything.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It would depend if they would see it as more of a punishment then if they didn't freak out too bad at turning into animals. If they did have to get turned into animals, I'd rather that they don't see it as a curse and they know its only temporary if that makes sense.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:It would depend if they would see it as more of a punishment then if they didn't freak out too bad at turning into animals. If they did have to get turned into animals, I'd rather that they don't see it as a curse and they know its only temporary if that makes sense.
You’re clear as Crystal
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The back story on Sasha and her beloved "Daddy" remains one of Rick's longest running unreveals ........
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

fenrirblack wrote:King/Joel had a daughter back when he was human that he never knew about. When the wolf cubs go to school, they meet her because she is in the same grade as them. She tells them that she never knew her father and only that her mother always told her that he was a loser named Joel Robinson.
I made this as a joke but after seeing this and the kid in the last panel, I'm starting to wonder if I was on to something. I mean the similarities are worth noting. Same hair style, same colored clothes, right age... I said it was a daughter before but it could have been a son instead. SCANDAL! ;)
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I have a theory! Housepets is all a webcomic made by some man named Rick Griffin! It may sound crazy, but it is most definitely true.

Also can someone start a not the comic version of the thread
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Ralph will eventually get a girlfriend and begin to loosen up a bit.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Fox will see a bunch of collar-less cats and suddenly understand Fido’s attraction a bit better.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Douglas Collier wrote:Fox will see a bunch of collar-less cats and suddenly understand Fido’s attraction a bit better.
This could happen, and if it does we might finally get a few more named cats for the cast
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That kind of sounds a bit too PG-13 even though we know that being collarless is no big deal but the characters treat it as like being nude.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Still, would be nice to have a couple more cats ... or get some more stage time for Marvin, Res, Sabrina, Maxwell and the current crew having an adventure as felines.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Still, would be nice to have a couple more cats ... or get some more stage time for Marvin, Res, Sabrina, Maxwell and the current crew having an adventure as felines.
I personally wouldn’t mind a small arc for Keys and Fiddler, kinda in the same vein as the one Rick gave to the Kangaroos that one time. I’ve always they do have enough personality to cover at least something like that.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wanna see more cats specifically so we can see more of Marvin as he is the only cat that hasn't had his own arc and seems only to exist as a foil towards the psychotic Tiger.
Elwood Blutarsky

Jack will eventually get his right front paw back after a misadventure involving Joey, Lester, Dallas, and Darth Vader Sanchez going back in time with the assistance of some kind of Hot Springs Time Machine.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sasha has a doppelgänger who has more of the same interests Fox has and he will fall for her.
Elwood Blutarsky

Pokemon is one of the games Darth Vader Sanchez has used for his streaming efforts. His viewers are questioning though why his battling lineup consists of just six Lycanrocs though.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

well, to be fair, he has two of each form and they're all different builds, but still...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

The DnD group will become a major plot point.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The driver of the spa truck is actually the li'l dino-demon. He's plotting something but what ....... ?