Wild Mass Guessing

Discuss the comic here
Saturn381

Re: Wild Mass Guessing

Post by Saturn381 »

After this arc, the comic will jump one year later.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

As a Gift for defeating the Forgotten and destroying the Temple, KitsuneKit gives Res 40% of his Were-Tiger Muscle to him. He also forms a bond with Mungo and the two occasionally meet up to spar in Wrestling.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I could use break from drama for a bit, but sometime I'd like to see Fox and Fido come together again. Fox seems to have healed the wounds with Sabrina, largely through a mix of his emotional confusion and vulnerability and her open-ended gentleness. However, the breach with Fido remains and, besides the sundering of their friendship, there's the question of their professional relationship on the K9PD.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Saturn381 wrote:After this arc, the comic will jump one year later.
While I doubt that will happen, I have to admit it would be very interesting if it did.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Saturn381 wrote:After this arc, the comic will jump one year later.
If done right, that could be cool, but I personally wouldn't like it. That act is generally saved for drama shows after some big event in the characters lives and I don't think this was a big enough event for something like that. It is also used to skip over more mundane parts of movies, such as the main character training or healing or something.
Allons-y
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

...Keene dies during the passing year, so after the jump, he's in Heaven with Breel. ;)
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

D-Rock wrote:...Keene dies during the passing year, so after the jump, he's in Heaven with Breel. ;)
That kind of makes me wonder how Breel kicked the bucket, so to speak. Also, please no early deaths :(
Allons-y
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It's been implied that Breel was hit by a train. Simon asked if it would hurt Breel if he was hit by a train. Breel's response was, "Not anymore."
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

I took that to mean that Breel couldn't feel physical pain anymore, but you're probably right
Allons-y
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I took it the same way, Silver, and there was a frisky exchange - typically very civil - on whether Breel's comment ("Not anymore") meant only that death had made him impervious to pain or if it also indicated how he died (hit by a train).

I'm in the former camp; D-Rock, who has been at this much, much longer than me and knows better, is in the latter. But, again, what I love about Rick's work, he'll plant a joke, a pun, an arc, a theme in a comic and will leave it fallow for years before he springs it. Like the gay-Breel/Gabriel pun. Wicked! So I don't get too belligerent about any theories others have...or my own (like Eudoant's a girl)...because Rick's gonna surprise you eventually. But it is fun when one of the crew guesses his schemes.

Regards.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

TheSilverFox51 wrote:I took that to mean that Breel couldn't feel physical pain anymore, but you're probably right
It could have meant that, but that was kind of the point of all the questions. so why did he answer that one differently. all the other things asked, he just dismissed it, like "lol nope" but for the train question, he started with "well..." like he was thinking about how to answer it. so in his mind, something made "hit by a train" different enough from "hit by a truck" to warrant more thought. cause both would have hurt while he was alive, making "not anymore" a valid answer, same with the other two. but one was "doubt it" and one was "not anymore"
and going more meta, Rick thought it pertinent to add that "well..." to differentiate it. and even juxtapose it with the similar question of "hit by a truck" to show it's not just any big impact that he'd consider may hurt.

so I'm firmly in the "breel was hit by a train" camp.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Vanice

Post by Vanice »

Wild theory: everything that happened in the comic since Joel Robinson was introduced was a dream. Because he ate some cave mushrooms from Destiny islands in Kingdom Hearts that were delivered to him while he was in prison which gave him hallucinations
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Vanice wrote:Wild theory: everything that happened in the comic since Joel Robinson was introduced was a dream. Because he ate some cave mushrooms from Destiny islands in Kingdom Hearts that were delivered to him while he was in prison which gave him hallucinations
Pete really was his attorney, Bino and Max are based on his cellmate and the guy across the hall, Fox is derived from one of the guards who Joel gets along with, superimposed onto the dog he hurt.

Once he gets out, he runs into Tarot... Who is still Tarot, and tells him he needs to come back, and then things get really weird, and a "which world is actually the dream world" plotline starts due in no small part to the "wake up" call gag being the trigger for switching combined with intentionally murky continuity and both versions of some characters trying to tell him that the world they're in isn't real.
eventually he realises neither one is real, and the only person who's actually there is "Tarot". He's been going stir crazy from isolation, and she's been trying to free him from the temple ever since she realised the seal she put on it time locked him to linear reality. He was Pete all along nothing was real he dreamed it all up.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Wow, there's a movie in there that I would pay good money to see. :D

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

As long as you didn't get awakened beforehand credits...
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

That's actually really intriguing. :shock:
Vanice

Post by Vanice »

So is Karishad actually a zany mischievous monster that just so happens to be a fox, left the temple and was caught and put in the zoo? Cause that would explain how he go's in and out of the/LIVE in the temple with no problems.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Vanice wrote:So is Karishad actually a zany mischievous monster that just so happens to be a fox, left the temple and was caught and put in the zoo? Cause that would explain how he go's in and out of the/LIVE in the temple with no problems.
that doesn't work, he was introduced before zach opened the temple to all. Prior to that only henry milton knew how to get in.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Vanice

Post by Vanice »

Well the door or some entrance could have been open when Henry Milton used it and Kari just left while said entrance was open. Then the door closed Henry died and the comic plot continues.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Here's a thought: what if all the Angels that got touched by the Forgotten are given a temporary banishment from Heaven and are forced to stay on Earth for a Year (at least)?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Boy, are the Barn Cats gonna get a surprise !!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Steward is going to go into business with Itsuki as his accountant.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

...and somehow mortal Pete gets into this business.
OrWasIt.EXE

Post by OrWasIt.EXE »

Douglas Collier wrote:Steward is going to go into business with Itsuki as his accountant.
TBH I'd like that. Itsuki's one of my favorite characters, and with the new transformation, Steward just spiked up the ladder for me :lol:
What do you get when you cram a shapeshifter, a dog-dragon, two wolves, a human, a robot, a bear, and a fox into one vessel? (They/Them pronouns)
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Tiger is a cat lover.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Kevin is Great Kitsune's avatar and is always acting though him because they both have red Irises.
The cape comes with the promotion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Jeeves gets a raise!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Jeeves was actually a large bird in a man suit this entire time, and will reveal it in a way that involves quoting Gir.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Skip?
Douglas Collier

Breel was a human in his previous life, but forgot.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

Breel could be from Great Britain bei or New England

Breel was on his way to a train platform, but he bought a newspaper on his way. When he arrived at the platform and started reading tge beginning of an article with the headline 'Building of the Transcontinental Railroad begins' someone pushed (by accident or planned) in front of a passing by train.

One of the downsides of incatnation is the loosing the memories of the time between death and incarnation. (Similar to Fox' visit of heaven)
ImageImage
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Breel comes back as Jasper?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Douglas Collier wrote:Breel was a human in his previous life, but forgot.
Frankly, let's hope not.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Breel comes back as Mr. Hartford?
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Douglas Collier wrote:Breel was a human in his previous life, but forgot.
That would be terribly weird and awkward :/
Allons-y
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Can't see Cerberus letting that happen .... but Rick's a bit more frisky.
Douglas Collier

Neel will possess Breel.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Eudoant comes to earth, seeking the absconded dino-demon. When she discovers Breel is again embodied, she demands Keene return the little scamp to Pandemonium within the length of the next arc or both must go back in his place. When challenged by Cerberus, the deer-demon confronts ol' triple dome with an obscure treaty between Heaven and Pandemonium that forces the hound of heaven to support her demand. To assist the two muselids in their quest, Cerberus reluctantly enlists the aid of two mortals with extensive former experience in dealing with non-Terrestrial affairs - Pete and Dragon.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

NHWestoN wrote:Eudoant comes to earth, seeking the absconded dino-demon. When she discovers Breel is again embodied, she demands Keene return the little scamp to Pandemonium within the length of the next arc or both must go back in his place. When challenged by Cerberus, the deer-demon confronts ol' triple dome with an obscure treaty between Heaven and Pandemonium that forces the hound of heaven to support her demand. To assist the two muselids in their quest, Cerberus reluctantly enlists the aid of two mortals with extensive former experience in dealing with non-Terrestrial affairs - Pete and Dragon.
Eudoant is a lady? o_O
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

SuperStar wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:Eudoant comes to earth, seeking the absconded dino-demon. When she discovers Breel is again embodied, she demands Keene return the little scamp to Pandemonium within the length of the next arc or both must go back in his place. When challenged by Cerberus, the deer-demon confronts ol' triple dome with an obscure treaty between Heaven and Pandemonium that forces the hound of heaven to support her demand. To assist the two muselids in their quest, Cerberus reluctantly enlists the aid of two mortals with extensive former experience in dealing with non-Terrestrial affairs - Pete and Dragon.
Eudoant is a lady? o_O
No, he's not. A mouse-over text uses a male pronoun to refer to him:
D-Rock wrote:[2018/02/26 - Problem Soliva]
Title Text: he should have sprung for the acid-proof elaborate, well-lit glass display case
...unless using the wrong gender was part of the wild guess.
The cape comes with the promotion.