Character U&U stats

Discuss the comic here
Indagare

Character U&U stats

Post by Indagare »

Just because it seems like a silly thing to do for this arc, I'm going to attempt to guess at what 'attributes' the various Houspets! characters might have. I'm going to use Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) base attributes here. If you don't understand (or have never played) I'll explain.

'Attributes' in D&D represent a physical or mental quality in a character. There are normally six attributes: Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma.

Strength (Str), obviously, deals with physical strength.

Dexterity (Dex) deals with reflexes and manual skills (basically, if you're clumsy or have poor handwritting you have a low Dexterity).

Constitution (Con) deals with physical well-being.

Intelligence (Int) is, again, somewhat obvious. It is basically your IQ score.

Wisdom (Wis) deals with 'common sense'. A person with high Wisdom tends to think things out or pays attention to the world.

Charisma (Cha) deals with your social skills.

In D&D the attributes can generally range from 3 to 18. Three is the lowest score allowed in any attribute under normal circumstances. 18 is not the highest allowed, however (being a member of a certain race can give you a greater score). 10 and 11 are considered average.

For purposes here, I'm assuming that dogs will have the chance to get a 19 in Charisma (since they are social creatures) and that cats will have a chance to get a 19 in Dexterity (since they are well-known for their agility).
I'm basing the scores on what I've seen of the characters so far. Keep in mind that D&D does not differintiate between manual dexterity and bodily agility, so for some characters (like Joey) I'm going to have to give a high Dexterity if they've exhibited great manual dexterity, even if they've not yet been shown to have a good bodily agility. Most of the scores, though, are simply wild guesses on my part.

In addition, I'm using only main characters and those closely associated with them. This includes Sabrina and Squeak, even though neither has appeared very much. Despite her status as Avatar to the Spirit Dragon, I'm including my best guess for Tarot, even though these stats would probably alter wildly when she's channeling Dragon. Not included are the Ferrets and Wolves, since they really haven't appeared outside the story archs they were introduced in much. If anyone wants to tackle them and minor characters like Fiddler and Keys or the Mr. Bigglesworths x10, feel free.

So:
Peanut
Str: 10
Dex: 10
Con: 11
Int: 18
Wis: 12
Cha: 19

Grape
Dex: 18
Wis: 14
Cha: 15

Maxwell
Str: 11
Con: 15
Wis: 10
Cha: 16

Tarot
Int: 15
Wis: 18
------------------------------------------------------------------
Fido
Str: 14
Dex: 11
Con: 13
Int: 16
Wis: 15

Sabrina
Wis: 17
Cha: 12

Spo
Str: 3
Dex: 15
Int: 11
Wis: 9
Cha: 9
Bino
Str: 11
Con: 18
Wis: 8
Cha: 6

Sasha
Dex: 16
Con: 12
Int: 16

Rex
Str: 18
Con: 17
Int: 10
Cha: 11
Joey
Str: 8
Con: 10

Squeak
Str: 5
Con: 10
Int: 14
Wis: 11
Fox
Int: 17

King
Int: 15
Cha: 13
Tiger
Str: 12
Con: 14
Int: 10
Cha: 10

Marvin
Str: 12
Con: 14
Int: 13
Wis: 12

Zach
Dex: 14
Int: 11
Cha: 11

Thoughts?
Image"Remember kids, only you can prevent a fiery apocalypse!"
Razuk

Re: Character U&U stats

Post by Razuk »

8-) This is really good, Though I thought Grape would have a higher Str considering the broom to the face thing :ugeek: .
Wait...wait...WAIT! Is that bacon I smell?
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

My criticism is that Fox should have more intelligence than Peanut.
Last edited by FlintTheSquirrel on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Peanut being as intelligent as Grape? Now come on... Peanut is less intelligent than her.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Alex wrote:Peanut being as intelligent as Grape? Now come on... Peanut is less intelligent than her.
If he is its not by much because he does read a lot. She is better at street smarts then Him however. Edit: Why is Sasha's Int score lower then anyone's she is a genius (well most likely anyway)
Last edited by IceKitsune on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Hah, nice! I just wonder about Tarot, Peanut, and Fido all having the same charisma though-- I mean, they're all likable characters, but bridging the gap between Tarot and Fido... Well, to put it simply, I don't think anyone else has a mob of fans and an 'I want your poppies' sign floating around for them. :lol:
RG; Seb & Dahlia