Headcanons

Discuss the comic here
FireworkFox

Headcanons

Post by FireworkFox »

I do not believe there is a headcanons topic yet, so here's one.

My headcanon: Max is a huge fan of rock music, but he's bad at singing.
Last edited by FireworkFox on Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Gbr23

Re: Headcanons

Post by Gbr23 »

Here's mine: eventhough he denys it, Tiger's favorite superhero is Black Panther
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Fox still has his bo staff and his ****** leather duster that we saw when Grape rescued him from being eaten by Stranger Danger's alligator.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

In my personal headcanon vision of the Housepets world, I consider non-pawed animals (horses, farm animals, crocodiles, etc) to be non-sentient. This alleviates the HP world's somewhat horrifying implications of meat eating and other hostilities toward other lowly creatures that our characters don't seem to be bothered by. The most significant non-pawed character I can think of it Trinket, so the story wouldn't be compromised too much by such a change.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I mean, head canon, yes, but we've literally seen horses being sapient :P
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Well that's how I'd design the HP world if I had the chance. Yeah it conflicts with the existing comic, but oh well, that's what headcanons are for, right? :P
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

My headcannon... shoots Grape :lol:

Naw, I'm pretty happy with this universe as it is -- the whole reason I ended up sticking around after I caught up with the archive -- and I'm not the sort to go analyzing character motivations or the parts of them we don't see. I'm more interested in going deeper into the aspects of them that are presented to me, or, sometimes, examining what a certain character's traits might say about the author.
And really, more than that, I'm interested in taking little bits of inspiration from a few different characters from a few different works, to turn into characters of my own or even whole stories. I may be more into the music these days but I have been known to write a short story once in a long while.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Here is another one that I thought of: Sabrina still has feelings for Max.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if she still does have feelings for him and that Max has feelings for Sabrina, they’ll be loyal to their respective loves, but I think they still like each other.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Maxwell is secretly one of the most romantic cats in Babylon. Sabrina knows this - she just wants Grape to find out on her own. :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

GameCobra wrote:Maxwell is secretly one of the most romantic cats in Babylon. Sabrina knows this - she just wants Grape to find out on her own. :3
I second that!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is something I need to believe in also because it's wonderful.
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

I have several headcanons that I keep forgetting aren't necessarily canon (but could be)
Like:

Bino actually being a really good singer, and liking poetry,
Terrance living with Duchess,
Lester having an older sister who teases him about his nerdiness,
Kevin being a social media influencer/model,
Peanut, Grape, Max and Tarot being in a polyamorous relationship together,
Duchess secretly thinking that Bino's pudgy body is cute,
Tiger using big words all the time to make him sound smarter,
And some other things that rather I'd just prefer be true~...

*cough cough*MungoXFox*cough cough*
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Tappy Too wrote:Bino actually being a really good singer, and liking poetry,
Terrance living with Duchess,
Lester having an older sister who teases him about his nerdiness,
Peanut, Grape, Max and Tarot being in a polyamorous relationship together,
Tiger using big words all the time to make him sound smarter,
*cough cough*MungoXFox*cough cough*
I like these!
Last edited by FireworkFox on Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Those head-canons are actually pretty fitting for some of the characters. Great job Tappy!
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

This is a bit radom(and may or may not have been inspired by the "Bad Translation" thread) but:
Jessica secretly daydreams about being a sheriff in the old west.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

Just to add to my previous list:

For some strange reason I imagine Dallas having a somewhat uncaring owner. Not entirely sure where I got it from...
Also I like to imagine that Kevin and Mungo have a rivalry, though it actually isn't a rivalry from Mungo's point of view and Kevin is just jealous of his gains.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Tappy Too wrote:Just to add to my previous list:

For some strange reason I imagine Dallas having a somewhat uncaring owner. Not entirely sure where I got it from...
Also I like to imagine that Kevin and Mungo have a rivalry, though it actually isn't a rivalry from Mungo's point of view and Kevin is just jealous of his gains.
Both of these actually make some sense in the context of what we have seen. Dallas mentioned once that none of the Nerds had much to do but play games, which might imply a disinterested or busy owner. I have the feeling that they are pets of adults without kids, so they have long periods of boredom to deal with.

As for Kevin and Mungo, I could easily see that being something happening in the background. I almost see Mungo as an Andre the Giant type. A big, friendly guy that almost doesn't have to work out to maintain his muscles who is supernaturally strong (possibly literally). Kevin might see almost any physical event as a competition.

As for my headcanon...

Tarot's owner has no idea that she's got any powers, never even suspects it and just thinks she's playing games.

Terrance was temporarily reassigned to something like PR duty at the local school district, and Ralph flat forgot about him being there. As someone mentioned above, I also think he lives with Duchess, but that had popped up in a bunch of fanfic, so that almost feels canon.

Sophia liked Thomas before he became a camel, and is now in love with him, even though she's frequently frustrated by him.

(How about one with zippo in comic support?) Truck is Tums father.

I know that I've got others, but I probably will remember as characters pop up in comics.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is also a problem that I have. I have several of my own but I don't remember them until a character ends up popping up. :D
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:That is also a problem that I have. I have several of my own but I don't remember them until a character ends up popping up. :D
It's also a problem that headcanon can become real canon until you see it contradicted in the pages. Like thinking a dog has a specific owner only to realize the comic never said that at all.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I honestly can say that I never had that problem and just accepted that if we didn't see owners of some of the pets we never would see them.
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

dr_eirik wrote: It's also a problem that headcanon can become real canon until you see it contradicted in the pages. Like thinking a dog has a specific owner only to realize the comic never said that at all.
I'm still not convinced that Fido's last name is actually Byron, since I only ever remember him being referred to anything with Byron in it by Bino, who calls him "Lord Byron", a poet who was somewhat of a celebrity in his time-
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I honestly can say that I never had that problem and just accepted that if we didn't see owners of some of the pets we never would see them.
I meant that you get it into your head that someone is owned by a specific owner or something because of something said on the forum or in a fanfic and it sticks until you re-read something that conflicts with something you thought you knew.

It took me re-reading the strip a couple years ago to get a lot of the pets, pet siblings and owners we know of straight. I think I didn't absorb the idea that Bino and Max were "brothers" until then, even though its hardly hidden in the strip.
Tappy Too wrote:
dr_eirik wrote: It's also a problem that headcanon can become real canon until you see it contradicted in the pages. Like thinking a dog has a specific owner only to realize the comic never said that at all.
I'm still not convinced that Fido's last name is actually Byron, since I only ever remember him being referred to anything with Byron in it by Bino, who calls him "Lord Byron", a poet who was somewhat of a celebrity in his time-
It took me a little bit, but I was sure he'd been refereed to as Officer Byron in the strip somewhere. As far as I can tell, this is the first mention. I thought this was earlier when Ralph was telling Fox that the others were chasing his future best friend. But he is called Officer Fido then. This is from the Aztec Gold arc.

Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

dr_eirik wrote:
Tappy Too wrote:
It took me a little bit, but I was sure he'd been refereed to as Officer Byron in the strip somewhere. As far as I can tell, this is the first mention. I thought this was earlier when Ralph was telling Fox that the others were chasing his future best friend. But he is called Officer Fido then. This is from the Aztec Gold arc.

Oh it was mentioned in one of my favourite arcs that i almost constantly go back to and somehow still forgot

Gonna delete my account from the forum real quick-
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Tappy Too wrote: Oh it was mentioned in one of my favourite arcs that i almost constantly go back to and somehow still forgot

Gonna delete my account from the forum real quick-
Pish- Posh! It's why you shouldn't edit your own work. After the first time you read it, your brain tuned it out. I'm honestly not sure even how often he's called that in the strip. I'm not sure it's ever been said that way since. I just skimmed the parts of the Squirrel arc he's in and he introduces himself as Officer Fido there, too. Checked K9PD and Mungo just calls him Fido (makes sense, they likely know each other) Doesn't seem that consistent.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm wondering what Bino, Max and Joey's last names are. Remember that Fido's owner Ryan is just a friend of Bino, Max and Joey's owners. Jeff who is Bino and Max's owners and Jake who is Joey's owner. Jeff and Jake are brothers (meaning that Bino and Joey are adoptive cousins and biological brothers) so they would most likely have the same last name.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm wondering what Bino, Max and Joey's last names are. Remember that Fido's owner Ryan is just a friend of Bino, Max and Joey's owners. Jeff who is Bino and Max's owners and Jake who is Joey's owner. Jeff and Jake are brothers (meaning that Bino and Joey are adoptive cousins and biological brothers) so they would most likely have the same last name.
I had figured it would be in the wiki, but none of them have last names, which means it's never been said.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its really strange that it has never been said because I was really hoping that we would find it out but I guess its not that important so we need to make up last names for now as head-canons and sometimes first names.

Like for instance, in my head-canon, Sasha's former owner's name is Phil and he drives a beat-up Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser!
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Like for instance, in my head-canon, Sasha's former owner's name is Phil and he drives a beat-up Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser!
One word: Why?!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't know. It just seemed like the sort of old beater a drunken loser would drive.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Yeah, I don't expect he'd be in anything modern I could see him in a somewhat-poorly maintained muscle car, thinking that would attract the ladies. Something like a 70's Camero.

Part of Hartfords problem (among many) is he expects Sasha to attract women, but then he has to interact with the woman. From the little bit we've seen of him, I'm not sure he can do that.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Either tha or he is too misogynistic to try to be respectful to them so they stick around. We already know he made Sasha do all of the housework.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It's sort of a Ying-Yang thing. Sasha attracts women and then Hartford repels them. I'm not sure, but didn't we determine he's unemployed.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not sure if that was ever said. I know in my fan-fic I might have wrote that he was.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Not sure if that was ever said. I know in my fan-fic I might have wrote that he was.
I don't think its ever been said, but I doubt that he's unemployed. Sasha is left alone all day with th expectation that she clean the house. This implies that he works somewhere.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Either that or he is off somewhere making an even LARGER tool of himself. :?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Either that or he is off somewhere making an even LARGER tool of himself. :?
Hard to imagine him doing something more tool-ish that doesn't land him in jail from time to time. It would figure hes in some middle management job where everyone thinks he's indespensible but hes really just a jerk.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Not sure if that was ever said. I know in my fan-fic I might have wrote that he was.
I don't think its ever been said, but I doubt that he's unemployed. Sasha is left alone all day with th expectation that she clean the house. This implies that he works somewhere.
Not necessarily, dr_. Lots of unemployed folks get out and about, everything from job-hunting (which, in a way, is almost a job) to frequenting assorted hangouts and day work sites. It's rather draining but sitting at home is no less grinding.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:
Not necessarily, dr_. Lots of unemployed folks get out and about, everything from job-hunting (which, in a way, is almost a job) to frequenting assorted hangouts and day work sites. It's rather draining but sitting at home is no less grinding.
True, but he's living in a house in a middle to upper middle class neighborhood. It's hard to believe that he could keep the house for over a decade with no income. Not the least of which, he did manage to enroll Sasha in a (shady) obedience school. He clearly has some money.

In my mind, he's employed, but under-employed. He has skills in something, but his personality hold him back.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sadly, that remarkable carpet of bottles we've seen scattered all over the floor of home gives a pretty vivid clue as to at least one of those problems.